LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Aug 29th, 2014, 12:45 PM   21
librarianlady
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

Just saw this thread and thought I'd join in! Both my husband and I are 31 and just started TTC 6months ago. The comments in this thread about fertility for women in their 30s has really made me feel better, and a little less scared about waiting to try until now. I'm still worried I may have a problem with a short luteal phase, but I'm trying not to stress and worry until after my doctor appointment.

Old Aug 29th, 2014, 13:59 PM   22
Hollynesss
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict

Welcome, Librarianlady!

How is everyone doing? Any promising signs/symptoms for anyone? I'm currently on CD14. I usually O around CD17-18, so will be getting busy this weekend!

Old Aug 29th, 2014, 14:17 PM   23
librarianlady
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

Thanks, Hollynesss! I'm on CD 24, I o'd on cd 18. Really hoping AF doesn't come. My expected period is Sept 1st or 2nd. I'm planning on testing on the 5th if my AF doesn't come. *crosses fingers*

Old Aug 29th, 2014, 14:51 PM   24
Hollynesss
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict

You have a lot of will power, librarian!! I usually give in and test by 10dpo

Old Aug 29th, 2014, 14:57 PM   25
librarianlady
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

Ha! I'm just sick of spending so much money on HPTs!! I just assume AF will come so I won't have to bother wasting the $$. This month, I'm trying to set my expectations low so I am not disappointed like I have been EVERY previous month.

Old Aug 29th, 2014, 15:00 PM   26
Gaige
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

Can I join?
I'm 32 and OH is 34. We've been trying for 2 years now with no luck at all.
It's so frustrating, but I'm trying to stay positive and believe that anything is possible!!

Old Aug 29th, 2014, 15:21 PM   27
Hollynesss
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict

Welcome, Gaige!!

It is nice to have so many other ladies in the same shoes! Though the journey can be hard for a woman of any age, TTC in your 30s has its own challenges. Keep your chins up, stay positive, and take heart that our chances of conceiving each cycle are only very slightly lower than that of a 29 year old.

Old Aug 29th, 2014, 17:01 PM   28
mangoberry
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member

Hi librarianlady, I get them from Amazon and they are much cheaper than getting them from pharmacy's

Old Aug 30th, 2014, 00:56 AM   29
Pictbride
Trying to conceive (TTC)
New BnB member

TTC over 30

Hi everyone,

I'm 34 and my DH is 30. I also lost one ovary years ago due to an ovarian cyst. (Hormones normal, don't have PCOS though-go figure) First month officially trying-and I've definitely felt nervous waiting so long to start a family but I don't regret having only married and settled down 11 months ago. I went to my surgical obgyn who removed my ovary and asked if I should talk any precautions, be worried, etc and his answer was a firm no. He was very assuring about women in their 30s being more than able to conceive, and even myself with one ovary. His only advice was to "get busy" and come back in a year if not successful naturally.

I've started using the app Ovia and it's a Godsend. Now for the tech talk:

I'm in my 24th cycle dAy not sure which day I ovulated(have t tried the tests yet) but DH and I spaced out our trying throughout my "fertile window". According to Ovia I'm 5 days away from testing. . AF due on 9/4.

Old Aug 30th, 2014, 07:19 AM   30
librarianlady
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangoberry View Post
Hi librarianlady, I get them from Amazon and they are much cheaper than getting them from pharmacy's
Oooo, good tip, mangoberry! I think I will have to do that for my next cycle. In just 6 months I've already spent close to $200!

SEO by vBSEO