LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Aug 23rd, 2014, 08:08 AM   1
Hollynesss
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict

Anyone TTC #1 and 30 or older?

Hey ladies!

I am 30, husband is 33, and this is our 3rd cycle TTC #1.

TTC is hard for everyone, but being at this stage in my life, I feel an added pressure. I have zero regrets waiting this long to TTC. I am in a much better place emotionally and financially than I was in my 20s, and I wouldn't have wanted it any other way.

However, I can't ignore that nagging fear in the back of my head that the clock is ticking. I'm hoping for a short or even average journey to motherhood!

Old Aug 23rd, 2014, 19:52 PM   2
Angel022605
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Chat Happy BnB Member

I am right at 30 and so is hubby... I try not to worry so much because I used to work with a NP and she got preg with her first at age 32...I too hear the clock tick...just stay health conscience...DH and I are not full on trying but I post on here because I get the most responses that are helpful....if we do conceive it will be our first I will be glad to be your friend

Old Aug 23rd, 2014, 19:58 PM   3
Hollynesss
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict

Cheers!

Several of my coworkers have gotten pregnant in their 30s as well. I'm not too worried at this point! If we reach the 6 month mark then I'll start to get concerned.

Old Aug 24th, 2014, 10:57 AM   4
mangoberry
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member

Hi Hollynesss and Angel022605, I am 30 years old and would be 31 years in October. We have been TTC since Dec 2013, I feel a wave of sadness everymonth when AF shows up. This month if AF shows up again then my DH is going to get SA done, as my doctor suggested that would be the first thing to do before 1 year mark when they would start testing me.

We have been married for ~6years but waited on TTC as I was completing my Masters and then my husband starting studying further. Let's hope all of us get our BFP soon

Please feel free to PM me if you guys want to make a chat group. My skype id is mangoberry29

Old Aug 24th, 2014, 11:26 AM   5
Hollynesss
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict

Hi Mangoberry! :hiya:

I hope we all get our BFP soon as well!

Old Aug 24th, 2014, 11:43 AM   6
alikat2014
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member

There have been a good number of people I know in mid to late 30 getting pregnant, just read an article saying that the big fertility drop off really comes at 40 now, so there is still time. I will be the big 30 in Oct, hoping I will get a nice birthday surprise of baby

Old Aug 24th, 2014, 12:21 PM   7
Hollynesss
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict

Welcome, Alikat!

I just read that 85% of women between 30 and 40 years old will conceive within a year. Im not too concerned as of yet since I'm at the very beginning of that range!

Are any if you doing anything extra? Charting, OPKs, etc?

Old Aug 25th, 2014, 09:27 AM   8
alikat2014
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member

Good luck this cycle, I used a calendar and think I just ovulated so now the big wait, baby dust to all this cycle, it'll be cool to have buddies once we do get bfp, this place is great!

Old Aug 25th, 2014, 11:08 AM   9
Praying4BB
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member

I am! This is our second cycle "officially" trying, I'm happy to meet others in the same situation. I've gotten a bit of a reality check these last two months, somehow I just thought I would wait until I wanted to have a baby and POOF! I would get pregnant! Never knew there could be so much involved, with the charting and temping and OPKs! SO glad there are forums like this for support.

Old Aug 25th, 2014, 13:47 PM   10
Hollynesss
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict

Praying, you hit the nail on the head!! We spend so much of our young adulthood being told how just looking at a guy will get you pregnant, but when it comes time to want one it's suddenly not so easy!

I'm doing everything I can to make it a short journey....I chart and use OPKs, but so far no luck. I'm hoping 3rd cycle's a charm!!

SEO by vBSEO