LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jun 18th, 2015, 21:44 PM   1
Offbcafter7yr
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

Stopped BCP & TTC! Whos with me?!

Lets stick together til we all get BFP's! Its hard coming off BCP & not knowing when af will come or when or if you even ovulated. Ive read horror stories about some who dont o for months, even up to a year! I keep hoping i will be one of those lucky ones who regulate soon after but i can only hope!!

Id like a few people who are stopping bc to join me keep us updated & share experiences! Hopefully with this we don't only help each other but the future mom's who come here will see this and know what to expect when coming off bc. If youd like to be added please tell us your age & how long youve been ttc & how long you were on bc & any experiences you've had so far and i will add it to this post. Feel free to share anythihg else too!

Group:

Offbcafter7yr
age- 25
on BCP for about 7 years
Currently ttc month 1

Flueky88
27 y.o
BCP for 10 years
2nd cycle ttc

Old Jun 19th, 2015, 07:31 AM   2
Flueky88
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Chat Happy BnB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Offbcafter7yr View Post
Lets stick together til we all get BFP's! Its hard coming off BCP & not knowing when af will come or when or if you even ovulated. Ive read horror stories about some who dont o for months, even up to a year! I keep hoping i will be one of those lucky ones who regulate soon after but i can only hope!!

Id like a few people who are stopping bc to join me keep us updated & share experiences! Hopefully with this we don't only help each other but the future mom's who come here will see this and know what to expect when coming off bc. If youd like to be added please tell us your age & how long youve been ttc & how long you were on bc & any experiences you've had so far and i will add it to this post. Feel free to share anythihg else too!

Group:

Offbcafter7yr
age- 25
on BCP for about 7 years
Currently ttc month 1
Flueky88
27 y.o
BCP for 10 years
2nd cycle ttc

I hope you are blessed and ovulate no problem and get a bfp soon. I tried clear blue advanced digital opks this cycle since my first was 36 days. I had empty circle x1 day then that stupid flashing smiley x9 days. I do not feel confident that I will ovulate this month and have resigned to wait for AF and try again next cycle. Fingers crossed for you though, hun!

Old Jun 19th, 2015, 09:01 AM   3
Offbcafter7yr
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

@flueky88
thanks. Im getting cramps now, like af will be here any day. If i count from my withdrawal af its not due til the 28th.. but if i count from my last active pill todays day 31.. i think im out this month

Old Jun 19th, 2015, 09:59 AM   4
mininun1
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

Hi Offbcafter7yr! It sounds like your body is adjusting well to being off the pill - I just went off bc after 6 years at the beginning of March. I'm 26, and my hubby and I wanted to start trying for our first. I had always had regular periods my whole life, and I was afraid that going off the pill would throw me off. I had withdrawal bleeding for a couple days after stopping, and then I got my next period about four weeks after, at the beginning of April. Since then, I've been regular, but I don't think I ovulated until this month (of course, I didn't actually track April or May). I had some spotting and cramps right around when my fertile time was supposed to be, and some double pink lines on the ov test sticks. Next cycle, I'll be trying the digital tests, as people seem to find those easier to read.

This month was my first month actually tracking ovulation (seriously trying), but AF is due in about eight days and I don't feel pregnant lol. Good luck and baby dust!

Old Jun 19th, 2015, 11:26 AM   5
AmandaBanana
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member

Hey ladies! I love this thread and wanted to give you some awesome hope.

I was on bc for about 5 years or so. I had all these same fears. I was terrified what my body would do.
My last af on bc started April 12th. After that week, a couple days later I had another 5 days of heavy withdrawl bleeding.
And then I got my bfp on may 19th
I'm not sure when I ovulated or anything because it was the first cycle off bc.
But it's definitely do able and I'm sure all you ladies will get your own bfp very soon!

Best of luck ttc and have fun!!

Old Jun 19th, 2015, 11:31 AM   6
Offbcafter7yr
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mininun1 View Post
Hi Offbcafter7yr! It sounds like your body is adjusting well to being off the pill - I just went off bc after 6 years at the beginning of March. I'm 26, and my hubby and I wanted to start trying for our first. I had always had regular periods my whole life, and I was afraid that going off the pill would throw me off. I had withdrawal bleeding for a couple days after stopping, and then I got my next period about four weeks after, at the beginning of April. Since then, I've been regular, but I don't think I ovulated until this month (of course, I didn't actually track April or May). I had some spotting and cramps right around when my fertile time was supposed to be, and some double pink lines on the ov test sticks. Next cycle, I'll be trying the digital tests, as people seem to find those easier to read.

This month was my first month actually tracking ovulation (seriously trying), but AF is due in about eight days and I don't feel pregnant lol. Good luck and baby dust!
Good luck to you too!!! I swear i thought i o'ed. I had cramps for 3 days. But idk now cuz if i did o idk how i missed it. We bd'ed 5 out of the 7 days! :/ makes me worry that im not o'ing. I feel like my period should start any moment now

Old Jun 19th, 2015, 11:39 AM   7
mininun1
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

Sounds like you covered all your bases if you did ovulate during that time. Will you start tracking ovulation with the tests or have you been doing that already?

Old Jun 19th, 2015, 11:52 AM   8
Flueky88
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Chat Happy BnB Member

I hope you get your bfp, offbcpafter 7 years! If not, I hope you get AF so you can get started again

Mininun1- I used the clear blue advanced digital ovulation tests. I don't really recommend them. If you can maybe get the basic. I had 9 days of flashing smiley, never got my peak,LH surge. Another member also got her 9th flashing smiley today. So yeah, get the basic which is empty circle or solid smiley.

Old Jun 19th, 2015, 11:53 AM   9
Offbcafter7yr
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mininun1 View Post
Sounds like you covered all your bases if you did ovulate during that time. Will you start tracking ovulation with the tests or have you been doing that already?
I havent started tracking anything I was hoping i wouldnt have to. Would you recommend temping or the o sticks? Ive never done either

Old Jun 19th, 2015, 12:00 PM   10
Offbcafter7yr
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmandaBanana View Post
Hey ladies! I love this thread and wanted to give you some awesome hope.

I was on bc for about 5 years or so. I had all these same fears. I was terrified what my body would do.
My last af on bc started April 12th. After that week, a couple days later I had another 5 days of heavy withdrawl bleeding.
And then I got my bfp on may 19th
I'm not sure when I ovulated or anything because it was the first cycle off bc.
But it's definitely do able and I'm sure all you ladies will get your own bfp very soon!

Best of luck ttc and have fun!!
Wow thats amazing!! Did you test before may 19 & get any bfn?? So you had an af twice within like 2 weeks?

SEO by vBSEO