LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jul 6th, 2016, 13:44 PM   31
MrsBeany85
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

I'm CD19 (I think) of a cycle that could be anywhere from 38 to 60+ days! I've not tried EPO but I like the thought of using "natural" products. Have you been using it long? How soon did you notice it have an effect? Sorry for lots of questions! I hope it hasn't made you O too early

Old Jul 6th, 2016, 19:09 PM   32
BelleNuit
Trying to conceive (TTC)
BnB Addict

This is my first cycle using EPO and you are only supposed to use it leading up to O. It increased my ewcm SUBSTANTIALLY lol So I noticed an effect right away, but z lot of women say they didn't notice effects till the second cycle

I'm also taking maca which I think smoothed out my temps earlier in my cycle.

I'm not sure if one of those supplements (or maybe the combination?) May have had an impact on my early O.

Old Jul 7th, 2016, 02:14 AM   33
MrsBeany85
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

Ah OK, thanks Belle. I've been reading about maca and wondering about trying that too (my phone just tried to autocorrect it to macaroni, not sure that would have the same effect!). I think this cycle I'm just going to stick to what we're doing and get used to the opks for now. As usual, I'm obsessing everytime I go to the toilet - have I got cm, has it changed, am I getting cramps? Lol

Old Jul 7th, 2016, 05:54 AM   34
2ducks
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelleNuit View Post
There is no way we could afford IVF, so that's my worst fear. I'm not sure I want to adopt although I know it's a great option for many! I'm just not at a place yet where I can give up wanting a biological child. So knowing that, it wouldn't be right to pursue adoption right now. I would have to make peace with myself first

But Wishn I know there are meds like metformin that are given to stabilize hormones and some people are low on progesterone which can make it hard to get/keep a pregnancy and there are things you can take for that! So it's not just egg quality they would look at

But I hear your frustration, I O regularly and have very regular cycles (albeit on the shorter side 25-27 days). So I wonder why it hasn't happened yet
BelleNuit, there is no way we could afford IVF without taking out a line of credit. It makes me wonder, should we just put that money towards adoption? But like you, I don't want to give up on the idea of having a biological child on my own. And if we adopt will everyone assume that I am baron?

I have a free 30 minute phone consult in a week and a half with a private fertility clinic. I hope that this will point me in a good direction. I will have to drive 1.5 hours to get to a clinic, after reading how many times women go to their clinics for injections, monitoring, IUIs, egg retrieval etc I realize that it will be a huge burden on us to get there.

Old Jul 7th, 2016, 06:00 AM   35
2ducks
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsBeany85 View Post
That's exactly it Bellenuit. All I ever wanted when I was younger was to have a happy little family, it never crossed my mind that it might be difficult, let alone might not even be possible. What frustrates me is that there are two women I work with who got pregnant last year for the first time, both over 40 and neither of them wanted to be pregnant. Don't get me wrong, they love their babies, but one in particular (she's actually quite a good friend of mine) kept saying how unlucky she was and how she wished she could just have her life back. Even now, her baby is 8 months old, she says if she could go back she wouldn't do it. I just wanted to cry when she was saying stuff like that. I would have been over the moon to be in her shoes!!!

OK, I'll stop sounding like a bitter old cow now!!
That is so irritating! Since I started ttc my best friend got pregnant with her first and gave birth. We live in different states, I went to visit her for the weekend and bring her gifts when she was in her third trimester. She literally complained about being pregnant the entire weekend, like not once or twice but ALL the time. She said she hated being pregnant. I was so irritated by the last night I finally said "Let's switch places and I can be 7 months pregnant" and she stopped complaining. Of course she meant nothing offensive but it was hard to hear.

Old Jul 7th, 2016, 08:03 AM   36
BelleNuit
Trying to conceive (TTC)
BnB Addict

2ducks to choose between adoption or IVF would be so difficult. I would be afraid the IVF wouldn't work and then it's money wasted, but the lure to have my own child would be just about irresistible

As for me, my temp dropped a bit today and I got crosshairs for CD 9. I know it REALLY looks like I've O'd but I'm not convinced that I have lol. My post-O temps are usually up around 36.8-9. We will keep up the BD marathon just in case and I will wait and see what my next few temps do.

CD 12-13 is my normal O days, and this wouldn't be the first month that my chart looked like I O'd earlier but didn't

Old Jul 7th, 2016, 14:06 PM   37
MrsBeany85
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

Ah 2ducks, that's so frustrating. I like to think I'm quite a calm and rational person, but when it comes to issues with ttc I turn into a bit of a tiger!

And to have to choose between IVF or adoption is heartbreaking. I hope this won't happen for any of us, but if it does then I wish you/us luck. We're very lucky in the UK that we don't have to rely on health insurance and I have to admit I'm very grateful for that.

Old Jul 7th, 2016, 17:13 PM   38
2ducks
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member

MrsBeaney- does your healthcare system cover IUI and IVF?

Old Jul 7th, 2016, 17:20 PM   39
MrsBeany85
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

In certain circumstances and certain areas IVF is sometimes covered. Unfortunately, my sister and her DH had (I think) only their 1st of 4 cycles covered. Their 5th would have been paid for as it would have been part of a clinical trial, but they didn't get that far.

If we get to the point of IVF and have to pay for it we'll struggle, but I have to admit after seeing my sister go through it I'm not sure it's for me. DH also said he'd be so scared to see me go through what my sister did and isn't sure he'd want to go through with it. I think that's another reason why I'm putting off going to see the doctor.

Old Jul 7th, 2016, 19:05 PM   40
BelleNuit
Trying to conceive (TTC)
BnB Addict

I haven't actually looked into the mechanics of IVF from the woman's perspective. Not sure I'm wanting to at this point in time to be honest!

SEO by vBSEO