Forum Rules

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Apr 25th, 2017, 21:13 PM   921
BelleNuit
Other
BnB Addict

Thanks MK I'm actually really curious to see how many follicles I make on femara. Its probably just 1 (thats pretty common for femara). But I'm even more curious to see how my lining is doing! Thats good to know that a lighter AF didn't necessarily correlate to a thinner lining.

Congrats on finishing your last clinical! I hope you love what you do!

God I would love to make all of this a distant bad memory.

Old Apr 28th, 2017, 08:45 AM   922
MKaykes
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Chat Happy BnB Member

So, infertility awareness month is just making me sad! I have a friend who struggled to get pregnant with her first, and had been trying over a year for #2 who keeps commenting on articles on Facebook. I read them, and then can't acknowledge it because I don't want the Facebook world to know my struggle. I'm very open about it in person, but can control who I share it with. It's just frustrating that it seems to be this dark secret we hold onto.

Probably more frustrating since I'm pretty sure CD1 will be here today 😡

Old Apr 28th, 2017, 09:08 AM   923
BelleNuit
Other
BnB Addict

Honestly MK it really does feel like people who experienced infertility and came out on the other side are the only ones able to talk about it. I've been thinking of making a general post of support during the Canadian infertility week. I think its important to raise awareness. Infertility is still stuck in the dark and taboo. Its never going to get the public funding it needs unless people stand up and talk about it. I've been thinking about posting something funny about what not to say to someone with infertility haha. I've heard just about all of them at this point. I've started telling people who ask when we are having kids, that we are dealing with infertility and that it is unexplained and that I don't want to talk about it. The responses I get from that are quite varied and not always positive, but it feels better to just own it then to sit there stewing angrily with my own thoughts. I'm also quick to correct people that relaxation/stress has nothing to fucking do with it haha

Old Apr 28th, 2017, 22:16 PM   924
MKaykes
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Chat Happy BnB Member

Haven't you heard? When you relax you just fall pregnant by lying next to someone, no need to try. lol!

Old Apr 29th, 2017, 08:15 AM   925
BelleNuit
Other
BnB Addict

MK not even joking I was told by someone to have a glass of wine and read each night and then I would become pregnant haha like WTF! There is so much ignorance out there about infertility!

Old Apr 30th, 2017, 09:46 AM   926
MKaykes
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Chat Happy BnB Member

Well ladies, my foolish hope for a natural bfp has been squashed. CD 1 is here. Thankfully, that was only a slight hope so I'm not devastated. More pissed off.

Old Apr 30th, 2017, 10:21 AM   927
BelleNuit
Other
BnB Addict

I'm pissed off for you MK!

Old Apr 30th, 2017, 17:49 PM   928
MKaykes
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Chat Happy BnB Member

And, to top it off I had my cousin's baby shower today. I did fine until I tried to write something more than my name in the card. Couldn't come up with anything but how much I wanted a baby, decided just my name was best, lol!

I did offer to babysit once a week once baby is home from the hospital since I'll have about 6 weeks working part time and studying and no one wants some random babysitter for their preemie. I'm happy to get some baby snuggles, then she asked if I do mornings if she gets a sitter for a night out and can't handle the morning after...kills me that those of us who want nothing more than to be a mother are doing everything to have that and some people have whoopsies!

Old Apr 30th, 2017, 17:59 PM   929
BelleNuit
Other
BnB Addict

Oh MK I really admire you for going to the baby shower in the first place and offering to babysit on top of it all. I wouldn't be able to handle that. I've cancelled dinner dates/showed up late to parties just because I don't want to see people's kids/babies.

Well I'm feeling pretty low too. Told my mother about our infertility. She lives in Mexico and her response was that she never wanted to be a grandmother anyway and if I didn't have kids then she wouldn't have to visit as often....

Like why do I even bother with her?

Old May 1st, 2017, 17:34 PM   930
WishnandHopn
Pregnant (Expecting)
Chat Happy BnB Member

MK, I'm so sorry the witch came. CD1 is such a bitch. Your cousin...my god...you are seriously a saint for offering to babysit. I would be like, you made your bed, now you can lie in it! Even when you're hung over!

Belle, I remember you saying once you didn't have much of a relationship with your mother, but WOW now I really see why! I just don't even have words. You deserve SO much better.

I asked (demanded?) that my doctor check my tubes before we do another IUI, so I'm having a HyCoSy on Wednesday. I'll be CD10, so it's decent timing. I'm pretty nervous...I know I had at least one tube open last summer when I got pregnant, but what if they're both blocked now? Important to know before I waste more time and energy and money on IUIs.

SEO by vBSEO