LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jul 2nd, 2016, 11:44 AM   1
MrsBeany85
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

Sneaking back in...

I've kind of been keeping off here for a while because we've been trying to ttc for a while no with no luck so far. Sometimes I find it hard not to obsess over it so I took a break from the forums for a while.

So we've decided to give opks and Pregnacare his and her conception tablets a try for the first time and see how we get on. I'm trying to stay relaxed about it all but I'm not sure how well it's going! Keeping my fingers crossed...

Old Jul 2nd, 2016, 12:59 PM   2
2ducks
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member

Hello, welcome back! Many of us use OPKs so you are in good company. I am going on month 15 ttc, I never thought it would take this long but here I am still chugging away at it.

You are definitely among friends here! How long have you been ttc?

Old Jul 2nd, 2016, 13:04 PM   3
MrsBeany85
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

Thank you 2ducks! It's nice to hear from people in the same boat as us.

We've been ntnp/ttc since Feb 2015 and it's been a loooong few months! It's always been in the back of my mind it wouldn't be quick for me (women in my family seem to be unlucky with fertility!) but I guess I thought it would've happened by now!

Old Jul 3rd, 2016, 05:57 AM   4
2ducks
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member

I never thought it would take this long. There are days when I feel like it just won't happen plus i am sooooo tired of temping/charting/OPKing/checking CM etc. I have to take clomid to ovulate so I do all of the above to maximize my chances at conception. If anyone ever tells me to "relax it will happen" will probably punch them in the head because relaxing doesn't help me ovulate, only medication does! This time last summer I thought for sure I would have a baby in my arms, but alas...I just try to keep a positive attitude and keep on going with life.

Old Jul 3rd, 2016, 06:13 AM   5
MrsBeany85
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

It gets so frustrating when people give their advice! I know they mean well but most people just don't understand unless they've been there. My sister had 4 rounds of IVF that resulted in two miscarriages and two completely unsuccessful attempts and people kept saying things like "well, maybe this will kick start your body into working normally. I know a woman who had IVF and then got pregnant naturally". I wanted to scream at them that that would never happen for her! DH and I have agreed that we'll try using opks and a bit more "active trying" for a few months and if there's still nothing happening we'll go to the docs.

I'm not scared of going, just a bit scared that I might get a result I don't want to hear,if that makes sense?

Old Jul 3rd, 2016, 16:59 PM   6
2ducks
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member

That makes sense. I am not scared to go to an RE just scared that they are going to say I need to jump to IVF and IUIs. Currently I am taking Clomid with my OBGYN. I would love to go to an RE but my insurance covers nothing. I am so worried that something more serious is wrong that I will need an RE's help with but I know I will be paying out of pocket. I was re-reading Taking Charge of Your Fertility today in my hammock and it gave me severe anxiety. What if I need IUI or IVF? I live in a small state. I am not kidding when I say there are two private fertility clinics and only two hospitals in the whole fricken state have REs. The closest is 1.5 hours from my house and about 2 hours from my new job. How the hell am I going to be able to do IUIs/IVF plus all of the monitoring that goes with it with a two hour commute??? Needless to say I am feeling anxious.

I don't share our ttc troubles with anyone because I don't want any unsolicited advice. My partner told one of his childhood nest friend that we were having trouble ttc and he said "just keep dumping it in her"..um thanks for the sage advice! Your poor sister, did she ever have a baby? I really hate to hear when good people can't conceive, it breaks my heart...

Old Jul 3rd, 2016, 17:08 PM   7
MrsBeany85
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

It's bad enough for us getting things paid for by the NHS, I can't imagine how much more stressful it must be for you having to think about what your insurance covers too. I can totally understand your anxiety. I would say try not to worry but I know that's not helpful as I'm a worrier too!

No, my sister never did have a successful pregnancy, but she and her DH have now adopted an adorable little boy. He's so lovable and I feel so protective of him, it doesn't feel as though he's not a blood relation. It kind of made me and DH realise that we'd be more than happy to go down the adoption route if it comes to it.

Old Jul 4th, 2016, 21:43 PM   8
BelleNuit
Trying to conceive (TTC)
BnB Addict

Hey ladies, I haven't been trying nearly as long as you two but I'm having a hard time with it. I'm on cycle 9 now and kind of feel like I'm in no man's land. It's been longer than what's considered truly "normal" (over 80% of women would be pregnant by now) but not long enough to get testing done.

I worry it will never happen and we will be facing IUI/IVF or adoption, but then I feel like those worries aren't legitimate because it hasn't been long enough to truly worry about it.

It just sucks. I always thought I would be a mother one day. It wasn't even a question. Now I worry it may not happen for me at all

Old Jul 5th, 2016, 01:32 AM   9
MrsBeany85
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

That's exactly it Bellenuit. All I ever wanted when I was younger was to have a happy little family, it never crossed my mind that it might be difficult, let alone might not even be possible. What frustrates me is that there are two women I work with who got pregnant last year for the first time, both over 40 and neither of them wanted to be pregnant. Don't get me wrong, they love their babies, but one in particular (she's actually quite a good friend of mine) kept saying how unlucky she was and how she wished she could just have her life back. Even now, her baby is 8 months old, she says if she could go back she wouldn't do it. I just wanted to cry when she was saying stuff like that. I would have been over the moon to be in her shoes!!!

OK, I'll stop sounding like a bitter old cow now!!

Old Jul 5th, 2016, 07:58 AM   10
BelleNuit
Trying to conceive (TTC)
BnB Addict

It drives me nuts to hear people complaining about their kids or complaining about being pregnant!

My dad and step mom got pregnant by accident, he was 41 and she was 38 (I had very young parents).

Like WTF!!!! Lol Here I am young and healthy and trying
.... and trying.... and trying...

so I haven't told my family we are trying because they would have NO CLUE what that's like! Babies just seem to happen in my family

SEO by vBSEO