LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old May 16th, 2017, 08:07 AM   181
DeuceMom
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member

Sarah,

Happy belated viability week! I hope you are still doing well.

Old May 17th, 2017, 02:42 AM   182
sarah2211
Pregnant (Expecting)
Chat Happy BnB Member

Thanks! I'm almost 25 weeks now so the odds just keep getting better from here

I hope you're doing well

Old May 17th, 2017, 07:50 AM   183
DeuceMom
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member

Babies have their first cold and both are teething. I would be better equipped to handle it if I wasn't also quite ill. My family is around, but they have got their own things going on at the moment that I've been pretty much on my own for the last few days. Very tired! Just want to

Old May 18th, 2017, 02:38 AM   184
sarah2211
Pregnant (Expecting)
Chat Happy BnB Member

Oh no that sounds rough! I hope you manage to get some sleep. Poor wee poppits!

I had the midwife today and I'm measuring 3 weeks ahead. She's a bit worried about GD so I'm jumping straight to the glucose meter rather than the GTT. So lots of finger pricking. Next scan in 3 weeks.

Old May 18th, 2017, 13:06 PM   185
DeuceMom
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah2211 View Post
Oh no that sounds rough! I hope you manage to get some sleep. Poor wee poppits!

I had the midwife today and I'm measuring 3 weeks ahead. She's a bit worried about GD so I'm jumping straight to the glucose meter rather than the GTT. So lots of finger pricking. Next scan in 3 weeks.
Finally got some decent sleep! Of course, now I've to go back to work today, so I'm just hoping I don't have a renewed bought of sickness. Babies have been quite well-behaved last night and today which has made things infinitely easier.

Sympathies for the finger pricking. I did get GD and had the same for the last couple months. Luckily, mine was diet controlled and babies were fine at birth.

Do you have a journal? I feel a bit weird practically hijacking this thread so we can back-n-forth. I like getting updates from you though!

Old May 21st, 2017, 07:31 AM   186
sarah2211
Pregnant (Expecting)
Chat Happy BnB Member

That's good to hear. Poor wee things. I hope they're on the mend. You're an amazing women working plus having twins!

Finger pricking is going ok. All readings so far are below what they should be. But I've been doing my best to avoid sugar if my pre-meal reading is highish haha. I'm glad you were able to manage it with diet. Did that mean cutting out carbs?

Haha I was thinking the same! Nope I don't have a journal. I don't think anyone else's uses this thread though so I don't really mind. I hope we hear from ILoveMe some time though. She doesn't seem very active on here anymore.

Old May 21st, 2017, 18:08 PM   187
DeuceMom
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah2211 View Post

Finger pricking is going ok. All readings so far are below what they should be. But I've been doing my best to avoid sugar if my pre-meal reading is highish haha. I'm glad you were able to manage it with diet. Did that mean cutting out carbs?

Haha I was thinking the same! Nope I don't have a journal. I don't think anyone else's uses this thread though so I don't really mind. I hope we hear from ILoveMe some time though. She doesn't seem very active on here anymore.
That's good! I usually had set times to eat and take readings. I had to cut down on carbs and really plan what I was going to eat. I feel like I starved myself, but partly because I had low appetite and exhaustion in those final weeks. One good trick is to pair carbs with protein to help it break down more smoothly.

Well, if you don't think she'll mind, we can continue as-is. I've only seen her posting in the IVF groups now (from her name page search). I hope she let's us know how she's getting on at some point, too.

I'm doing better. If you are interested, I do have a journal (link is in my signature). I would recommend starting one (even if it's offline). It's nice to have an accounting to look back on.

SEO by vBSEO