LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jul 6th, 2017, 09:49 AM   661
Sasha92
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

I'm also back after a lost 2 weeks ago at 13 weeks. I feel totally lost and numb. I'm not even 100% if i want to try again yet as i dont think I could mentally deal with another loss but my partner really wants us to keep going so ibe agreed!

Old Jul 6th, 2017, 10:38 AM   662
abennion
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Chat Happy BnB Member

I'm so sorry Sasha

AFM: Day 3 of Suprefact, and my nose is starting to hurt! Definitely not liking the spray, and having to take it every four hours, especially when I'm supposed to be sleeping. Transfer can't come fast enough!

On the plus side, looking forward to a little rest and relaxation at the cabin next week. We leave tomorrow, and are taking my niece and nephew with us (their parents are coming out the week after, so its a one-way trip for them!)

Old Jul 7th, 2017, 23:03 PM   663
Sheece
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

I'm so sorry Sasha I hope with time you feel the same as your hubby does, it's a tough one x

For me, it's helping to focus on the next time, but I am terrified of this happening again. Everyone is different and it's important to take the time you need xx

Abe - that spray sounds yuck, especially the part about having to wake up to take it!

The cabin sounds lovely, rest and relaxation is always a good plan!

AFM - I've basically been stuck to the couch since Tuesday. Went to the shops yesterday and had to leave because I was in pain again, so annoying. Going back to work on Monday so I hope I'm better by then.

I've picked a colour for the babys room so we are going to focus on getting that painted. I never wanted to do it before incase we jinxed it, but at this stage, I dont think we can jinx it anymore anyway. Plus I feel like its at least putting some good intentions & vibes into the universe.

Old Jul 8th, 2017, 16:54 PM   664
Sasha92
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

@sheece

I've been the same. Just sorting out the nursery for now.
I know I want to try again but like you in scared to lose it again. I'm having loads of symptons already but I don't know if it's my hormone levels playing tricks on me. Just can't wait untill the end of the month when I can test again!

Old Jul 9th, 2017, 07:08 AM   665
Sheece
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

Todays the first day I haven't felt any symptoms :/ hcg must finally be going. Hope thats a good indicator that AF wont be too late!

Old Jul 9th, 2017, 13:09 PM   666
Fluffycookie
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member

@Sasha
So sorry to hear that! Take all the time you need.

@abe
The spray does not sound pleasant - how long do you have to take it for?

@Sheece
You're so inspiring! I think it's great that you're focusing on the nurservy. I can't wait to be able to do the same, but the nursery-to-be is currently my office, so I think it will only be fairly late into a pregnancy that I could start transforming it

AFM: Tomorrow is the last day of my medication, after that hopefully AF should show soon and end this 70+ day cycle. I believe they said it could be any time from the day after (so Tuesday) or up to 12 days later, so I guess I'll just have to be patient. Then onto CD3 tests and hopefully starting ovulation-inducing injections soon so we can finally have a chance!!!

Old Jul 9th, 2017, 15:40 PM   667
abennion
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Chat Happy BnB Member

Cookie: I have to take it until they tell me to start my progesterone. Hopefully by then ill be adjusted to my new sleep schedules.

I hope AF comes quicker for you.

Old Jul 21st, 2017, 04:29 AM   668
Fluffycookie
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member

hello ladies, I thought it was time for an update here and I have some questions which I hope some of you can help me with.

We have had a very emotional week, but long story short: AF arrived on Tuesday, we went into the clinic, were told we were untreatable, cried. Kicked up a fuss, went back into the clinic on Thursday and were seen by the head of the clinic. Not untreatable, just harder than we thought because a male factor (low motility, so slow guys) is added to the mix which we didn't know previously. We could have waited three months to repeat hubby's analysis and get insurance cover, or go ahead now and pay about 200-400 euros (150-300 pounds or 230-460 dollars) out of pocket - we decided to pay, my parents are helping us. So we are now in our first cycle of treatment! Emotional rollercoaster.

I am starting clomid on saturday, CD5-9. We will then have an ultrasound and if it works, we will do an IUI to give the guys a shorter distance to swim. I was not expecting this turn of events, so I have been trying to read up on IUIs now but I believe many ladies here have had IUIs already?

So to anyone who knows about IUIs and/or has had one, can you give me more information? What was it like on the day, how bad did it hurt, how were you told to behave afterwards or to prepare for it? What good or bad things have you heard or read about it?

and of course on a more general note: how is everyone else doing?

Old Jul 21st, 2017, 08:01 AM   669
abennion
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Chat Happy BnB Member

Oh Cookie, I'm so sorry.

IUIs aren't terrible at all. I did an monitored cycle, basically just took OPKs and called the clinic when it was time. They do a wash of the sperm (clean out all the bad ones) and then when that's ready they will call you back. After confirming details, they'll put the catheter in and that feels no worse than a PAP. Honestly, I just felt a pinch. They'll insert the sperm and then boom. Done. All in all it takes about ten minutes.

I was told to act as if pregnant - no lifting over 20 lbs, take it easy. You can go back to work after the procedure if you choose. You then either wait for a BFP or AF.

AFM - Started my estrogen pills on Tuesday. I bump my dose up tomorrow, and then again on Wednesday. We go in for a lining check on July 31 possible transfer date of August 7-8

Old Jul 23rd, 2017, 21:58 PM   670
Sheece
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

Fluffy, what a full on rollercoaster for you guys

I haven't done IUI yet but I will be next cycle (we are 99% sure). All I've heard is exactly what Abe has said.

Cause my OH has borderline DNA fragmentation, our doc said IUI is really good for the guys side of things because they wash the swimmers and pick out the best ones to get right close, so it's probably going to be a really good option for you guys.

Keep us updated won't you

Abe - Exciting that things are happening for you guys I have everything crossed for your lining check!!

AFM - I'm just waiting on my doctor to email me the lab results from my D & C. not expecting much news I'd just like to see them. Then I think later in the week I'll call the clinic and see what the next step is. Because we've already signed all the paper work and have all the prescriptions, I'm hoping we can just resume as we were before and start IUI next cycle.

Still kinda wanting to try natural one more time, but the only thing stopping me is the fact I have no idea how long my cycle will be. PCOS is lame if we don't go natural, we are still going to BD around the time of the IUI so we will just never know exactly which one worked

SEO by vBSEO