Forum Rules

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Aug 28th, 2017, 11:58 AM   761
abennion
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Chat Happy BnB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheece View Post
Abe - When are you going on your cruise again? and where? The idea of a cruise fascinates me. I've never been on one but I would love to do a canada / alaska one one day. Bit far from home though :P

I'll be heading into year 3 come January if nothing happens before then. Still holding out hope for 2017 for the both of us Abe!
We're going to Hawaii! 10 Day cruise from Vancouver to Honolulu. We got upgraded to an Oceanview Stateroom on Deck 8, so I'm sure we will have a more relaxing time this time around (we were on the bottom deck in an inside room and could hear EVERYTHING!). I'm so looking forward to the nice little break. I love cruising

I'm hoping year 3 doesn't come around for either of us. DH and I don't have much hope for this next FET, and have already accepted we will probably have to do another retrieval at some point in 2018. It's hard to remain positive when you're told IVF should work based on your age and diagnosis and it just doesn't happen. Twice. So we'll wait and see, but we've got low expectations for this next one. Hopefully we'll just end up being pleasantly surprised.

It does look like you've O'ed Sheece! Looks like that IUI is just around the corner

Old Aug 29th, 2017, 01:12 AM   762
Sheece
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member

Wow that sounds amazing! Oceanview stateroom sounds very fancy too

I have everything crossed that you will get a good surprise Abe

Yeah my temp went up again this morning so i've definitely ovulated. the no fertile CM thing threw me at first, but now I reckon its just a dodgy ovulation.

I'm definitely happier about starting IUI (next week!!) now than I was at the start of the month when I was umming and ahhing about it. Seems time is all I needed!

Old Aug 29th, 2017, 03:00 AM   763
Fluffycookie
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member

@abe
Your cruise sounds amazing! I have always wanted to go to Hawai and to do a cruise but have never done either (yet).

@Sheece
I never see much of a change in my CM, not even in my lucky cycle, so I think that one is just a difficult sign to observe for some of us!
Glad you're feeling happier about IUI now, it really is like a normal (medicated) cycle with 5-minute-assistance on ovulation day I really hope it does the trick for you!

AFM:
Woke up this morning, 5 weeks 6 days, and nearly threw up next to the bed. Hello morning sickness I guess :S Is it weird that I'm kinda happy about it? I feel like I waited and waited and now it's finally here, I'm even happy about all the stupid things ^^" First scan on Thursday, cannot wait, both excited and nervous!

Old Aug 29th, 2017, 10:28 AM   764
Alligator
Pregnant (Expecting)
BnB Addict

Fluffy that's so not weird at all! With my pregnancy I felt so ill...was counting down the days til the end of the first trimester so I would feel better. I gained so much weight as I basically could never let myself get hungry or the nausea was debilitating, but all I could stomach was carbs and smoothies (one day I ate 3 bagels!!! who does that?!)...Then, of course, we found out I was going to miscarry. What I wouldn't give to go back to feeling like garbage again just to have my baby with me! Of course I don't HOPE to be sick the next pregnancy, no one hopes for that, we all want a perfect pregnancy where we feel amazing, but I will embrace it if it comes!

Old Aug 29th, 2017, 20:11 PM   765
Sheece
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member

Fluffy - yeah usually I get at least one day of ewcm but some months I really have to look for it, and there was once or twice I've got none, so its normal I guess. Probably another PCOS related thing!

Definitely normal about the happy to be feeling sick thing! Relishing the experience even though it kinda sucks too :P I was lucky in that I didnt get nausea, but I relished even feeling really tired & my sore boobs because it made me feel pregnant hehe.

Old Aug 31st, 2017, 12:08 PM   766
Fluffycookie
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member

Little update from me: Went in today for my first scan and got to see the heartbeat So, so relieved - I cried, I couldn't help myself. It feels real now

Just to check again, how does everyone feel about pregnancy updates here? Short & sweet or every little detail (or something in between)? I want to make sure everyone feels okay with what I'm posting since this is the TTC section after all! So please just let me know if/where there would be a line for you or what would be more difficult for you to hear about!

@Alligator
I generally eat really healthy and so far I've not had any weird cravings, so while I eat almost every two hours (crazy!), it's mainly veg/fruit, some protein and whole grains. Can't stomach much at once, so I have only gained 1 pound so far. My mum gained a lot of weight in all her pregnancies though, so I'm fully prepared for the pounds to pile on come 2nd trimester, haha!

@Sheece
I'm sure you'll be there again soon and then we can both complain about nausea! How is the wedding planning coming along in the meantime?

Old Aug 31st, 2017, 13:33 PM   767
Alligator
Pregnant (Expecting)
BnB Addict

I'm glad you're still able to eat healthy Fluffy! I totally tried, and I did have a lot of fruit smoothies, but it was more the volume of food that did me in. Just to keep myself from being hungry I was snacking on pretzels, crackers, bread, whatever all day long. Meals were a bagel with cream cheese and an apple then an hour later a banana then an hour later a smoothie then an hour later a handful of crackers. It was just too much. Plus I wasn't working out because I felt like I was constantly going to throw up so I probably gained like 5-10lb, and I have a pretty small frame. I am the same as you, I usually eat really healthy and limit treats but it was so tough...I hope you can keep this up!

As to pregnancy updates I so want to hear them...gives me hope!

Old Aug 31st, 2017, 20:05 PM   768
Sheece
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member

Fluffy - such a special moment!!

And of course I want to hear all the updates I'm with Alligator, it gives me hope too, plus I just like to hear about all these things!

AFM - 8dpo today. Completely written off this cycle but of course I'm still living up to my POAS-aholic ways. Swear I saw a squinter this morning in certain light, but its a FRER so not getting my hopes up.

Plus BD'ed 4 days before ovulation so also not getting my hopes up with that

Old Sep 1st, 2017, 23:41 PM   769
Sheece
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member

Well AF came early giving me a 8 day lp :/ but the good news is that the last cycle was 28 days! Shortest ive had in a long time. Too bad the wrong side of ovulation was short though heh.

Rang the clinic and im officially starting IUI! They have to call me back about some paperwork but should be having my first blood test on Monday

Old Sep 4th, 2017, 06:20 AM   770
mickels
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member

Abennion & Sheece: Thanks for the encouragements and thanks for being hopeful with me, i'll be hopeful with you guys too

Fluffycookie: please, please, please and thank you for pregnancy updates. when I conceive it will be my first so i'll take all I can get. congrats!!!

SEO by vBSEO