LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Apr 19th, 2017, 06:13 AM   1
Lynn623
Trying to conceive (TTC)
New BnB member

Is my dog telling me I am pregnant?

I am supposed to start AF today or tomorrow. This is kind of gross but our toilet has been having issues so I have had to throw toilet paper in the trash can whenever possible. I have a dog who never gets into the trash but this morning when I got out of the shower he had torn up the toilet paper I had used a few mins before. Is this some sort of sign? Anyone else ever had this experience and end up being pregnant?

Old Apr 19th, 2017, 15:30 PM   2
nikki_
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member

In my experience, all dogs LOVE female...liquids? Haha not sure the right word to use, but if I accidentally leave underwear on the floor my dogs have been all over it (so gross) and I've heard many others have similar reactions. So I wouldn't be surprised if he's just attracted to the scent, whether or not you're pregnant.

On the other hand, I have heard that dogs are sensitive to pregnancy hormone changes! Just not sure how reliable it is, since their reaction to these changes varies. Good luck

Old Apr 21st, 2017, 22:29 PM   3
sarah2211
Pregnant (Expecting)
Chat Happy BnB Member

My dog has no idea and I'm 21 weeks. I'd say probably not. Do a test.

Old Apr 21st, 2017, 22:35 PM   4
margeandmom
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member

My dogs turned out to be completely unreliable for predicting pregnancy. They say a dog's sense of smell is 10,000x more powerful than a human, so I was expecting some kind of change in there behavior. But really, they were incredibly clingy before BPF, and incredibly clingy after. I wouldn't be surprised if they have no idea and will be quite surprised when the baby comes lol! But my dogs aren't the "brightest bulbs" if you know what I mean lol.

SEO by vBSEO