LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Aug 8th, 2017, 14:01 PM   221
Bloblo
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheshireDucky View Post
There isn't much to see in Palo Alto besides the Standford campus. It's pretty to walk around and check out. If you can get back to San Jose and enjoy strange things and history I highly recommend the Winchester Mystery House. I've toured it several times and every time see something new.
Thanks!

And sorry to all others for going off topic

Old Aug 8th, 2017, 19:14 PM   222
Desire2Mom
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheshireDucky View Post
There isn't much to see in Palo Alto besides the Standford campus. It's pretty to walk around and check out. If you can get back to San Jose and enjoy strange things and history I highly recommend the Winchester Mystery House. I've toured it several times and every time see something new.
I agree, the Winchester Mystery House is definitely something you should do! San Francisco has a lot to do. Alcatraz is interesting and good to do at least once, fishermans wharf amd pier 39 has a lot to see and do including a Madame Tussauds wax museum and ripleys believe it or not. There's also Lombard steet and the 16th ave tiled steps for photo ops, and the Walt Disney Family Museum.

AFM: just as I thought, no ovulation so next and only step is injectables. It will be expensive just for medications, and if I want to order the meds from out of the US, then I can cut the cost in half to $1200/cycle. On top of the multiple injections, I will have multiple US and labwork. And prior to starting they will check to make sure my tubes are open and patent. I hope none of you have to go through this. Baby dust and fx to everyone!

Old Aug 9th, 2017, 11:44 AM   223
CheshireDucky
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

Sorry for being off topic! Just wanted to add to Desire's recommendations the San Francisco Dungeon. It sounds weird, but it's full of history and really amazing.

Desire: Oh man, sorry to hear of the news. Will you be doing injectables with IUI or switching to something different? Keeping my fingers crossed for you.

AFM: I have my annual obgyn appointment today. If she sees something off (aka possibly pregnant) I know she'll say something about it. I don't test until next week, though, so not sure what changes there really could be at this point. Never been so nervous for an appointment before!

Old Aug 9th, 2017, 14:35 PM   224
Desire2Mom
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

Cheshire - good luck, fx for you! My only option at this point is the injectables. After this is IVF. They said if I could lose 20-30 lbs they would be willing to trial the Femara again, though. I called my insurance to see what might be covered and they said my ultrasounds are covered along with my hysterosalpingogram, but medications are not. They did suggest having my doctor fill out an exception form is he feels this is my only option for medications, so we will see how that goes. Trying to stay hopeful!

Dreamer - any good news yet? Sorry for the frustration. Fx for you!

Update: They denied the request to cover the medications. I went ahead and had the office put the order in for the prescriptions and I can start anytime between 2 weeks and a month whenever they arrive... assuming my tubes are patent and don't need to be flushed.

Old Aug 10th, 2017, 13:49 PM   225
CheshireDucky
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

Desire: Fingers crossed that the doctors are able to get you that medication. Really hoping this all works out for you.

AFM: obgyn wants me to give it until spring before we talk fertility stuff. She said everything looks great and has given me paper charts to start charting for her (periods and sex dates only). She said the app is great, but she needs something she can look at and keep for herself. She also confirmed for me that spotting DOES count as CD 1, which FF does not. I feel 13 again with the paper calendar.

Old Aug 10th, 2017, 22:34 PM   226
Desire2Mom
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

I wonder how docs determine CD1 as spotting or flow? My doc wants me to count CD1 as the first day I actually need to use a pad or tampon. I never liked paper charting, I just printed my FF charts and gave them to my doc.
Also.... meds are ordered and the hysterosalpingogram is waiting for me to schedule the appt! Now I'm super excited for this step. Bring on the 25% chance at twins!

Old Aug 12th, 2017, 08:21 AM   227
Desire2Mom
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

Love the signature Emily!

Old Aug 12th, 2017, 11:48 AM   228
CheshireDucky
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desire2Mom View Post
I wonder how docs determine CD1 as spotting or flow? My doc wants me to count CD1 as the first day I actually need to use a pad or tampon. I never liked paper charting, I just printed my FF charts and gave them to my doc.
Also.... meds are ordered and the hysterosalpingogram is waiting for me to schedule the appt! Now I'm super excited for this step. Bring on the 25% chance at twins!
Not sure although my spotting does reach my panty liner. Maybe that has something to do with it, too? And yea, I hate paper charting as well but if it's what she wants I'll do it.

Yay for meds ordered! Any idea how long they'll take to get in?

Old Aug 12th, 2017, 11:56 AM   229
Bloblo
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

I ended up just driving around on my day off, found some beautiful places.

I have ewcm, reaching home in 3,5 days so hopefully I will not o before then... I normally have about 5 days of ewcm so there is still a teeny tiny little bit of hope for this cycle...

Old Aug 13th, 2017, 04:44 AM   230
Desire2Mom
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

Cheshire - I'm still waiting for them to call me for payment and delivery schedule, but it's expected to be about 2 weeks to a month. Too long that's for sure!

Blo - I love just going for drives, you can see so much. Hope you enjoyed your trip! Fx you make it home before O!

SEO by vBSEO