LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jun 2nd, 2017, 13:01 PM   21
CheshireDucky
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

Seconding a BBT from Amazon. I think I spent about $8 or $9 (USD) for mine and I really like it. I test it against my normal thermometer every once in a while and it seems pretty accurate.

Old Jun 2nd, 2017, 14:17 PM   22
melissandei
Trying to conceive (TTC)
New BnB Member

Thanks guys... definitely ordering the amazon one for the coming cycle.

I am planning to do OPK + BBT + CM for every day next cycle leaving no room for error (and wishing I don't have to do this next cycle) .. haha

Are you guys doing all three?

Old Jun 2nd, 2017, 14:27 PM   23
adastra
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by melissandei View Post
Thanks guys... definitely ordering the amazon one for the coming cycle.

I am planning to do OPK + BBT + CM for every day next cycle leaving no room for error (and wishing I don't have to do this next cycle) .. haha

Are you guys doing all three?
I'm doing all three. I've tracked my temp before, so I could get a better idea of my cycles, so I'm pretty happy about how that works. The last two months I've used OPKs, just cheap internet ones, and I'm not totally confident about reading them properly... Both months I've had no second line until about CD13, then two days of faint lines. Today (CD15) the test line had a thin strip at the 'start' of the line that was as dark as control line, but the rest of the test line was fainter than the control line. Not sure whether that's a positive or not. Had the same last month as well. I had quite a lot of EWCM CD13 and 14, and nothing at all today, which is a bit confusing. I've been ill this week, so maybe that is messing with ovulation.... I really don't want to miss O, because we haven't had sex all week cos of me not being well!! I'm hoping OH will be up for it tonight... he is very relaxed about the whole TTC thing, isn't taking the limited time frame for conceiving into account yet

Old Jun 2nd, 2017, 14:31 PM   24
Nuthatch
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

I do all three as well. CM for me isnt super reliable as i take an antihistamine that dries everything out. I am going to try to not take it this cycle and see if i can increase ewcm, but i am not sure how that will work out.

Old Jun 2nd, 2017, 14:54 PM   25
Bloblo
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

Im also doing all 3. First month of opks i also had trouble with them - but then i switched brands and now it makes my picture super clear! My monthly pattern: when ewcm starts, bd every 2nd day until positive opk - then two days in a row right after positive opk. Continue every 2nd day until temps jump.
It got me pregnant 2cycles ago, so Im hoping it works again for my rainbow baby!

Old Jun 2nd, 2017, 16:15 PM   26
mrsfrank
Trying to conceive (TTC)
New BnB Member

Hi Ladies,

I'm hoping you won't mind another join! Hubs and I have been together for 7 years, married for 1 year and have been TTC since shortly before our wedding. 26/27 years old and we're just getting nowhere. I feel like I'm stuck in a world of people who just can't understand and I really need to be able to talk about it. My MIL and Mom are excited and keep asking me when it's going to happen, every person I've seen since we've been married has asked about babies and I can't bring myself to talk about the struggle with any of them. Hoping to be a part of your community and sort of try to get out of my own head. I'm a great listener too!

Old Jun 2nd, 2017, 16:47 PM   27
MeepMeepHP
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

Welcome, Mrs. Frank! You've definitely found a good outlet for discussing TTC. I feel your pain, this Xmas I walked downstairs to greet my relative who had come to visit and the first thing she asked was "Are you pregnant?" I know they mean well and are excited but I'm like - don't call me, I'll call you.

Melissandei, I do temping and OPK. I got my bbt thermometer at Target, it was next to the pregnancy tests. I think it was 10 dollars or so? If you decide to do OPK, I'd recommend getting Wondfo from Amazon so you can have a lot of tests for cheap, and test every 12 hours when you think you're getting close to O. That was the only way I was finally able to get a dark positive OPK.

I personally don't have much luck checking my CM so I just watch for EWCM when I wipe and make a note of that.

Old Jun 2nd, 2017, 17:31 PM   28
CheshireDucky
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

Welcome mrsfrank! It's a good place to vent and chat while TTC and in the TWW.

melissandei - I do temping and OPKs. I have an alarm set pretty early (5 am) to temp and after I just roll over and go back to sleep after recording it. I'll start the OPKs the day after AF is gone testing once a day, and when the lines start to get darker I'll test twice a day (afternoon and evening) to catch my surge. This cycle I'm going to use conceive plus to make sure nothing dies in the process (or at least I hope).

Old Jun 3rd, 2017, 13:21 PM   29
melissandei
Trying to conceive (TTC)
New BnB Member

Welcome Mrs Frank.. I am sort of in the same boat.
I am 27, DH is 30. married for 3 years.
My MIL is overly excited as well... Since the last 3 months there has been no call where she has not asked me.... When I called her to wish Mothers Day...she responded saying when are you giving us a chance to wish you. Its too much pressure.

Good to know i am not alone!

Old Jun 3rd, 2017, 16:14 PM   30
polkadotpixie
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

Hi ladies, please can I join too?

I'm 33 and DH is 29, we've been together for 5 years and married for 2 years in August. We are proud parents of a spoilt pooch and have been TTC our first human baby since February

I am currently in my TWW of cycle 4 on CD24 and 7dpo. I usually ovulate on CD15 but was later this month so I'm expecting a 28 day cycle instead of my usual 26 days

I am using OPKs and started temping last month (still getting to grips with that!)

Nice to meet you all & hoping to see some BFPs soon �� x

SEO by vBSEO