LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Oct 2nd, 2017, 21:17 PM   1
FivexFive
Pregnant (Expecting)
New BnB Member

Keeping TTC a Secret

Hey folks! Is anyone else here not sharing with family and friends that they are TTC? I have found that this means that I have no one to obsess over everything with (DH is very zen right now and keeps saying "Whatever happens, happens...) Anyone willing to squee with me? I am 7dpo and I *think* I had implantation bleeding this afternoon and now I'm excited and nervous but don't want to get my hopes up and basically going a bit batty.

Anyone else keeping TTC on the DL? How are you dealing?

Old Oct 3rd, 2017, 10:45 AM   2
bclaytonsc
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

I am! I think it's very normal to keep TTC between you and your DH. A few of my very close friends know, but that's it. I wouldn't want to tell my family just in case TTC takes a while, or we have a loss. There are certain people I wouldn't want to know.

I'm excited for you!! FX you get your sticky bean! I'm on CD 12 and still having sticky/lotiony CM so I'm thinking O is a bit out yet. I'm still trying to figure out what's normal for me coming off BCP.

Old Oct 3rd, 2017, 10:57 AM   3
thencomesbebe
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

I wanted to keep it a secret SO bad, but then mil came to visit and she was like: "Why aren't you having wine? Why aren't you having coffee? Why aren't you eating salami and soft cheese?" The first DAY she got here (we're in Italy currently). I just felt it was easier to tell her than dodge questions for 2 weeks and since I told her I had to tell MY parents, so now the cats out of the bag, oh well. Still don't feel like sharing the journey with anyone except you gals and DH. No one else will obsess over this journey like other women going through the same thing

FX for you five!!!

Old Oct 3rd, 2017, 22:20 PM   4
Rosslyn
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

We're not telling anyone. Or, at least, I'm not. My husband told his mom but I don't want anyone else to know. I'm afraid people will start asking and offering advice if it takes time. Good luck!

Old Oct 4th, 2017, 13:11 PM   5
belle_
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

This was a conversation that we had a little while ago. We decided only to tell two close friends in confidence that we are actively trying to get pregnant (I had to tell SOMEONE) but are keeping it a secret for the most part from everyone else. We also don't want more questions if it takes longer than we had hoped. Our families are lovely - but very nosey! Ha!

FX for you!

Old Oct 4th, 2017, 15:14 PM   6
FivexFive
Pregnant (Expecting)
New BnB Member

Yeah, I am worried about it taking a long time. I am symptom spotting like crazy right now and wish I could fast forward a few days. Took a test this morning (9dpo) but got a BFN. I’m still 6 days out from AF so not out, but it still sucks.
Baby dust to you all!!!! Fx

Old Oct 11th, 2017, 20:06 PM   7
AmandaB23
Trying to conceive (TTC)
New BnB member

It's hard not to have someone to vent to! My husband is also being totally relaxed about it while I'm obsessing over every sign and symptom. I would be really worried about telling people and it taking a while to conceive though, so for now I'll keep my mouth sealed!

Old Oct 13th, 2017, 20:30 PM   8
CallieB
Trying to conceive (TTC)
New BnB member

Right there with you

I'm also 7dpo and trying to keep it a secret. My sister knows but only because she lives with us and there is only so much you can hide from those living with you. Had cramping really low today and was super nauseous this morning. Hoping it leads to a BFP!
Good luck everyone.

Old Oct 14th, 2017, 05:19 AM   9
becsboo
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

me and we wont be telling people till at least 12 weeks x

Old Oct 14th, 2017, 05:37 AM   10
crusherwife44
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

So my regulation for work (military) says I have to tell them within 2 weeks of having a doctor confirmation blood test... So I think I'm going to wait to even get that until 12 weeks. Some close friends know. No family.

SEO by vBSEO