LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Oct 29th, 2017, 11:02 AM   1
quiche0304
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

TTC after stopping BCP, looking for friends

Hello everyone

A little about me: I just stopped taking the birth control pill at the beginning of this month. I had been on it for 10 years straight! Husband and I are now ready to TTC. I wish I had stopped it sooner as I am worried it will take some time to sort out. AF is due Nov. 9th assuming my cycle is regular but I honestly can't remember what it was like before!

Anyway, I am looking for some friends so we can encourage each other, tough it out together, and, of course, celebrate each other when we get that BFP!

Baby dust to all of y'all

Old Oct 29th, 2017, 11:04 AM   2
EllenEmily
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

I'll befriend you on this magical journey! I'm on my 4th month ttc, after stopping the poll after 4 years.
Af is due in 2 days so ill test if late!

Old Oct 29th, 2017, 11:10 AM   3
quiche0304
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

Hello! Good luck to you and lots of baby dust your way
It must be so hard to wait to test. Are you keeping yourself busy?
Also, do you recall after stopping bcp if you were extra hormonal? I seem to be that way and I doubt I'll get a BFP this cycle just since my body seems to be playing tricks on me haha

Old Oct 29th, 2017, 20:28 PM   4
sherii
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by quiche0304 View Post
Hello! Good luck to you and lots of baby dust your way
It must be so hard to wait to test. Are you keeping yourself busy?
Also, do you recall after stopping bcp if you were extra hormonal? I seem to be that way and I doubt I'll get a BFP this cycle just since my body seems to be playing tricks on me haha
welcome! I'm first month TTC myself. I had a copper IUD for five years, so I'm not sure on the hormonal BC. But I had weird side effects when I had the IUD removed, and kind of wondered if I would get my BFP immediately.. but nope, just weird side effects of removal I guess. I had a hard time finding info online about side effects with IUD removal, aside from those with Mirena (hormone IUD) saying it was really difficult emotionally when they had it removed. Presumably a drop in hormones, or unbalance I suppose. I would say based on testimonials and my personal experience that stopping any kind of birth control, or having it removed, can have unpredictable side effects. Though I expect things would smooth out within a cycle, possibly two.

Old Oct 29th, 2017, 20:52 PM   5
quiche0304
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

Hello sherii! I don’t have any experience with an IUD but from what I’ve heard, the cooper one is easier on the body (as far as bouncing back) than hormonal bc.
[I’m a pharmacist so I am basing this on my patients and their experiences.]
So hopefully your body regulates real soon! Are you charting or anything?

Old Oct 29th, 2017, 20:54 PM   6
quiche0304
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

*copper (dang auto correct haha)

Old Oct 29th, 2017, 20:58 PM   7
sherii
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member

oh, I've been fine since my first AF post removal. I had it removed the day I o'd in Sept, so I spent two weeks with cramps and dizziness. I half thought we got a hole in one, but alas BFN, so I chalk it up to my body's reaction to the IUD being removed. A couple days before AF it subsided, and after AF started I felt totally normal. Everything has been good since.

I spent this month charting CM and doing OPKs. Next cycle I would like to start tracking BBT, since CM and OPK seem to have a larger margin of error than BBT. Frequency of BD is a minor issue with DH and I, so I want to get a good idea of my body's rhythms so we have a higher chance of catching the right dates.

Old Oct 31st, 2017, 05:10 AM   8
WannnaBaby
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

Hi All,

Hope you're all well.

We are currently ttc, ive been off of the pill since July, first Cycle was 54 days, and I am currently on CD55.

I check my cm and cp religiously, a few times a day, On Friday and Saturday (CD 51 and CD 52) I had pink in my cm. It was only because I checked cm that I saw anything, it never made it to tp or to my underwear. TMI I know. I was expecting AF on day 54 which was yesterday and have not had a single inkling that she was about to fly in.

What I would like to know, is if the CM with the pink streaks was Implantation bleeding, how long should I wait before using a hpt? I don't want to test to early and get a negative.

I have been feeling nauseas on and off since Friday and have been so tired! but no other symptoms so far. not even symptoms of AF! normally I get really sore Boobs for a week leading up to it, this month, NOTHING!

Any and all help appreciated

Old Oct 31st, 2017, 08:37 AM   9
sherii
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannnaBaby View Post
Hi All,

Hope you're all well.

We are currently ttc, ive been off of the pill since July, first Cycle was 54 days, and I am currently on CD55.

I check my cm and cp religiously, a few times a day, On Friday and Saturday (CD 51 and CD 52) I had pink in my cm. It was only because I checked cm that I saw anything, it never made it to tp or to my underwear. TMI I know. I was expecting AF on day 54 which was yesterday and have not had a single inkling that she was about to fly in.

What I would like to know, is if the CM with the pink streaks was Implantation bleeding, how long should I wait before using a hpt? I don't want to test to early and get a negative.

I have been feeling nauseas on and off since Friday and have been so tired! but no other symptoms so far. not even symptoms of AF! normally I get really sore Boobs for a week leading up to it, this month, NOTHING!

I've never had BFP, so I'm not sure from experience. But I have been creeping these boards and BFP pics like crazy haha. As I understand it, your hcg levels will rise continually after implantation, so within a day or two you should get faint but definite lines appearing. I'm eager to see what your result is! Please let us know!!

Old Oct 31st, 2017, 18:09 PM   10
WannnaBaby
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherii View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannnaBaby View Post
Hi All,

Hope you're all well.

I've never had BFP, so I'm not sure from experience. But I have been creeping these boards and BFP pics like crazy haha. As I understand it, your hcg levels will rise continually after implantation, so within a day or two you should get faint but definite lines appearing. I'm eager to see what your result is! Please let us know!!

Here's hoping!!!! Haha so bloody anxious! To nervous to test!! Am going to wait a little bit longer I think, CD 56 currently

SEO by vBSEO