LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old May 27th, 2011, 21:09 PM   1
opera_lady24
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Chat Happy BnB Member

Cold symptoms a sign of pregnancy?

Hi everyone,

I've been reading around and have gotten mixed answers about this. Yesterday I developed a sudden sore throat out of the blue and this morning I woke up with a stuffy nose, dizzy headaches and am extremely tired. I haven't been sick in almost two years so I'm wondering why all of a sudden I'm feeling sick now?

I know this could totally just be a common cold but my sore throat is starting to go away after only a day. I'm a singer so I can tell if it's just b/c I've talked too much or something and I haven't been yelling or anything.

Does anyone have any info on this? AF is super late but that could be b/c I have a mild form of PCOS or the fact that I've always been irregular.

I'm not trying to get my hopes up and I did get a BFN this morning but apparently you can get cold symptoms just after a week of conception so perhaps the test was false?

Please Help!!!!

Old May 27th, 2011, 21:28 PM   2
opera_lady24
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Chat Happy BnB Member

Does nobody have an answer?

Old May 27th, 2011, 21:52 PM   3
pinksprinkles
Other
Chat Happy BnB Member

I don't know about cold symptoms, but I do keep thinking that maybe you should start charting your BBT if you don't get a BFP this month. :/ I'm really irregular and just started tempting. Before now, I was always thinking I was PG when I really had just ovulated late. I say do another test with FMU in a few days if AF hasn't showed, and then once aweek until you either get a BFP or AF. Then start charting- seriously, now I'm all crazy about the 2ww, but at least I know for sure when I'd O'd, that I O'd, and when my BFP or AF should be here.

If AF does decide to rear her witchy head, go pick up a bbt thermometer at Walgreens and start charting.

Here's my chart if you want to see what one looks like. (Appears I'm having another really long cycle, but that I probably ovulated on the 25/26. I O spotted on the CD25 w/a temp dip on CD26, followed by a temp spike on CD27.)

Good luck, hun! I hope you do get your this month! Much to you! FX'd!

Old May 27th, 2011, 22:03 PM   4
opera_lady24
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Chat Happy BnB Member

That was really helpful...thank you!

Old May 27th, 2011, 22:18 PM   5
pinksprinkles
Other
Chat Happy BnB Member

No problem, hun! I hope your HPT goes well!

Old May 28th, 2011, 05:43 AM   6
bunni84
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member

same here! i been using OPK's this month got my surge 2 days ago, now all of a sudden i got a sore throat and headache...streaming nose too...

my hubby has had colds but i dont catch them...he had one last night maybe i caught it...meaning my immune system gone down, which it hasnt done before..?? hmm wonder if its pregnancy...oo i hope so

Old May 28th, 2011, 09:09 AM   7
BH040
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

I just started with a cold a yesterday.... my cycle is always reguar and this month all i had was spotting the entire time but I still got a this morning , not sure if it was because I am getting a cold or whatever but I i love pickles and last night i tried to eat one... took one bite and everything almost came back up I had to force myself not to. I hate throwing up! I have also been crazy moody.... but still no period and a negative test... so I don't what to tell you.

Old May 28th, 2011, 14:56 PM   8
opera_lady24
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Chat Happy BnB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH040 View Post
I just started with a cold a yesterday.... my cycle is always reguar and this month all i had was spotting the entire time but I still got a this morning , not sure if it was because I am getting a cold or whatever but I i love pickles and last night i tried to eat one... took one bite and everything almost came back up I had to force myself not to. I hate throwing up! I have also been crazy moody.... but still no period and a negative test... so I don't what to tell you.
That sounds crazy! I hope you get your BFP soon! Maybe you just tested too early?

As for me this has been the strangest cold I've ever had and yesterday I had a bowl of soup (of my favorite kind) which was fine while I ate it, but I felt sick afterwards and then the taste of it in my mouth later, with a weird metallic flavor added in was so disgusting.

FX'd for your to you!

Old Jun 8th, 2011, 08:44 AM   9
bunni84
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member

hi did you get any BFP?!

i got bit of spotting and its only a tiny bit..if AF was to start would have started full blown in 2 hours like it does!! so hmmmm 48 hrs and only 3 spots of brown cm.

i will test on weekend

im starting to think the cold was a sign for me..., i still got stuffy nose

Old Jun 8th, 2011, 15:23 PM   10
Stinas
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict

I hope you guys get your BFP this month!!!