LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jul 20th, 2011, 17:47 PM   1
Lucinda82
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

What is the best ovulation kit for first time tester (UK)?

I came off BCP last month and today my first 'real' AF arrived so I guess I need to buy an ovulation test kit so that I can find out if I'm ovulating. DH and I were initially planning to just 'get to it' regularly and just see what happens but now I think I'd like to just confirm whether I'm ovulating or not to see if we have a chance of getting a BFP this month.

Could anyone suggest the best brand/type of ovulation kit to buy in the UK? Also, when in my cycle should I start testing?

Old Jul 20th, 2011, 21:29 PM   2
Antsynewlywed
Other
Chat Happy BnB Member

Im just now ttc also, and i actually went to amazon and got a 50 pack of preg test and a 50 pack ovulation test for $20 (US) pretty good deal, especially if youre addicted to the tests as i am the brand is wondfo, the reviews are pretty good... and it came in the mail in 2 days here in the states. From what ive read ur supposed to start ov. testing from the 11th-16th day hope it helps baby dust to u!

Old Jul 21st, 2011, 03:50 AM   3
Srbjbex
Mum (Mom)
Chat Happy BnB Member

I'm using the Boots OPK at the moment (there are 20 sticks in there) -this is my first month and still waiting for a positive (expected next week) so don't have any opinion on whether it is any good yet or not!!! Seemed a reasonable price though compared to some of the branded ones.

I think im just going to use it this month so i know excatly when ovulating and pay really close attention to symptoms, so hopefully it will be easier to tell in the future without using an OPK?? Dont know if that will work but thats the plan!!!

Old Jul 21st, 2011, 05:10 AM   4
skweek35
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict

Hi ladies,
I have been TTCing for 4 months now and started off by using boots own opk's.
This last month I bought CB digi opk's - which I loved - nothing better for me (being a teacher ) than to see a smiley face - like getting a sticker for good behaviour - please humour me hehe
So my vote will have to go to cb digi opk's - although rather expensive.

Old Jul 21st, 2011, 06:21 AM   5
Kirsty.20
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member

Hi, i was exactly the same as you, i wasn't sure if i was actually ovulating so i bought a pack of 20 Clearblue digital ovulation tests. They are pretty pricey but they are so worth it for when you get that smiley face You can get the pack of 20 off Amazon for just over 20. I thought my cycle was about 31-33 days long but i started testing from day 9, but it turns out i didnt ovulate until day 23, weird!? x

Old Jul 21st, 2011, 06:26 AM   6
elliep
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member

I've used the CB Digi tests and they work well.
I'm noe using the CB Fertility monitor which is excellent but pricey!

Old Jul 21st, 2011, 11:19 AM   7
inpghttc
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

Ellip, I am debating about putting the money out for the fertility monitor...can you tell me a little more about it and why it is better and different that the digital CB sticks? Thanks!!

Old Jul 22nd, 2011, 04:26 AM   8
elliep
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member

The good thing about the monitor is that is detects low, high and peak days.
So you can start bd on the high days and then you should get 2 peak days, usually you are meant to ov later on in the first peak day or the second. So you could bd twice on those days!!

You can get them on ebay alot cheaper than the shops.
Hope that helps x

Old Jul 24th, 2011, 15:57 PM   9
FuzzyCaz
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by elliep View Post
The good thing about the monitor is that is detects low, high and peak days.
So you can start bd on the high days and then you should get 2 peak days, usually you are meant to ov later on in the first peak day or the second. So you could bd twice on those days!!

You can get them on ebay alot cheaper than the shops.
Hope that helps x
Amazon (uk) has them at 61.99 at the moment! With free super saver delivery

Old Jul 24th, 2011, 21:52 PM   10
MegJo2008
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member

We just bought the First Response Digital OPK and anxiously awaiting to try it It was about $33 here in the US. Not sure about the qaulity, but it seems simple.