LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jul 27th, 2011, 19:08 PM   1
evilangel21
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

q tip method?

everyone ever heard of doing that? a women swabs her cervix and checks for any kind of blood to see if af is oming. i found thid on onaother website anyone ever try it and it be right?

Old Jul 27th, 2011, 20:00 PM   2
Ambree
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilangel21 View Post
everyone ever heard of doing that? a women swabs her cervix and checks for any kind of blood to see if af is oming. i found thid on onaother website anyone ever try it and it be right?
Hmm I haven't heard of it before, but really if you swapped or touched the opening of your cervix and there was blood there,
it would not be a very meaningful precursor, because AF (or possible implantation bleeding) would be imminent.

Or do you mean put a swab into the cervix
but I don't think you mean that??

Old Jul 27th, 2011, 20:17 PM   3
evilangel21
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

lol well women say that they have indeed swabbed around their cervix and some saw blood and had af bout 24 hours later. thats a sign that af is soming.or implantaion bleeding

Old Jul 27th, 2011, 20:19 PM   4
Ambree
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilangel21 View Post
lol well women say that they have indeed swabbed around their cervix and some saw blood and had af bout 24 hours later. thats a sign that af is soming.or implantaion bleeding
Yes, but it isn't much of a precursor, in that bleeding can be observed 1 - 24 hours later
ie swabbing shows you what is imminent anyway.

Old Jul 27th, 2011, 20:27 PM   5
Ambree
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

For implantation bleeding, swabbing could be useful because it would allow you to observe bleeding (spotting) that may otherwise go unnoticed, due to the small amount.

Old Jul 27th, 2011, 21:11 PM   6
pusheangel
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member

Be careful if you are pregnant you don't want to irritate the cervix too much, that in itself can cause bleeding.