LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Oct 12th, 2011, 05:32 AM   1
lillyjw
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member

Christmas BFP

Hi ladies
So hoping we are all going to get bfps before christmas, How would you plan on telling the family? especially the parents and in laws?
Also would this be their first grandchild as well as your first?

I plan on getting them babygrows saying 'I love my nanny/grandad' and wrapping them up. This would be both set of parents first granchild! even though I feel if we dont hurry up it might not be!!, we have competition lol
Would be the best christmas

Old Oct 12th, 2011, 06:12 AM   2
asb198
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

If we did it this month I would be about 13 weeks at Christmas, so thought would pop scan picture in card to my nana for other halfs mum as will be her 3rd grandchild, would be my parents first grandchild so not sure what we would do to tell them prob the same but not sure what they will want to be called as haven't discussed that with them. Only my mum knows we are trying so will prob of let slip to her before anyway as I can't keep secrets from her!! She has already knitted it enough jumpers so we won't need to buy any until it is about 10!!

Fingers crossed this is our month, or at least before Christmas. Although not sure I will tell anyone apart from oh until at least 8 weeks.

Old Oct 12th, 2011, 06:15 AM   3
CARNAT22
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

We're not telling anyone until at least after our early scan (due to prior M/C I will be scanned at 7 weeks) but Ideally I'd like to wait until at least 12 weeks.

If we get a BFP this month then we'll be able to make an announcement at Christmas, if we wanted to!

After a M/C and CP I am wanting to keep things as quiet as possible for as long as possible though.

Old Oct 12th, 2011, 06:22 AM   4
lillyjw
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member

Yeah I can see where you are coming from, not rushing the announcement just because its christmas may be wise, but I still dont think I would be able to control myself. wouldnt tell everyone though just parents, would announce to everyone after new year, although they would deff suspect if dont drink at new year!!

Old Oct 12th, 2011, 08:45 AM   5
nevernormal
Trying to conceive (TTC)
BnB Elite

At the moment, our first would be the first grandchild on both sides. My sis and sil both got married this year though, and while I'm pretty sure neither is TTC, there's always Ooops babies lol. My sis will probably start TTC around 1 year after being married (give or take a few months), sil wants to finish up her college first, which she'll do in either Dec. 2012 or May 2013.

I have no clue how I would tell my family. I will be seeing my parents in person around the same time AF is due this cycle (if I ovulate on time), and won't see them in person again until at least May 2012, so if I tested before AF was due (testing would be 13dpo, AF due 15 or 16dpo), which would be the last day my dad would be there, I would maybe go ahead and tell them then, even though we would like to wait until after the first trimester to tell. DH is pretty adamant about not telling though, and I will go with his decision. Last time I was going to see my family in person, I was also possibly due to test (had a super long cycle), and DH got mad that I even took an HPT with me (of course, he'd told me not to before me left...). I didn't use it, as I ended up figuring out that O didn't happen.

Anyway, if I CAN'T tell them in person? I really don't know. I was thinking I could send them a bedtime story or children's book with a note that said "in X months you can read this to me!" or something similar, but their mail is all screwed up and it can take them forever to get packages so I'll have to come up with something else.

DH's parents, Two scenarios: If we tell my parents before Christmas, I will try to force him to drive us up there (it's only 2 hrs away!) and tell them in person. We could wait until Thanksgiving I guess. I would love to see the excitement on MIL's face. FIL I don't really care about, lol. I'm sure he'll be excited but he probably will want to tell me everything I'm doing wrong/how I should raise my children, and criticize everything I do during/after the pregnancy since he's basically like that now. Love my MIL though, and think it would be awesome to tell her face to face.
If we wait to tell my parents, we will just tell the in-laws on Christmas day probably as we should be seeing them that day, at least.

Old Oct 12th, 2011, 10:59 AM   6
Longing2bAMum
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict

Well I really hope for a as I have it all planned out for a christmas announcement. I don't live in the same country as my family and won't be home before christmas this year, so I would send them each christmas cards with "Skype me before opening" written on the back, and then I would have a pic on the front of the card of me and OH infront of our new house and I would wear a t-shirt saying Holmvall baby, (that's OH's surname) And then inside address the cards to Grandma and Grandpa, and aunt uncle for brothers and sister. They must skype before opening so I can see their reactions

My god I hope I get a before christmas

Old Oct 12th, 2011, 16:31 PM   7
TheAnie
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

I made the mistake of getting super hopeful this cycle and was dreaming about Christmas morning. In my dream we'd waited until then to tell the family. I clearly remember my FIL unwrapping a "World's Best Grandpa" mug. So if by some amazing luck this is our month then I am going to listen to my dream. Or try to. And try to make the husband wait as well. Oy. This would be his fathers first Grandchild, his mother has a Grandson from her first marriage. Our child would not be the first Grandchild for my mother or father. My sister has three kids. I imagine the husbands family is going to be more excited for us anyways.

Old Oct 16th, 2011, 15:50 PM   8
Lea05x
Other
Chat Happy BnB Member

If I get my BFP this month I will keep it a secret as I had a miscarriage in August....Im hoping that by Xmas I will be 13 Weeks preg and will also do the same as you with the nanny and grandad babygros. I have both sets of parents and grand parents coming for xmas day so it would be perfect. I thought for my sis n bro I would get the scan pic framed and make them all open their presents at the same time.....my mom went to see a medium and she told her there would be a big celebration at xmas this yr sooooo im praying its my little baby x

Old Oct 16th, 2011, 17:11 PM   9
michelle23
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

If we did get a BFP this cycle I would be 13 weeks (almost 14) by Christmas. For my family it would be the first grandchild (since I am an only child). For OH family it would be the second grandchild.

I thought of the families opening a present with a picture of a scan in there but I am also liking the ideas of "best insert grandparent".

We shall see, hate to dream too big before knowing...

Old Oct 16th, 2011, 18:08 PM   10
starlight11
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

I'd love to be able to get my BFP soon or anytime before Christmas. We have discussed the Grandparents, Uncle/Auntie cards as part of telling people if it happens around a holiday. But I do like the idea of including a scan in the cards, too!