LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Dec 13th, 2011, 11:36 AM   1
Beccaboop
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict

Faint positive on ovulation test????

So I think I ovulated on Saturday as I had some clear cm and tummy pains and it was 14 days before my periodis due but I did an ovulation test at about 9am and it was negative so I meant to do one later but forgot and then I forgot to do one Sunday too and then Monday I got a faint positive so does that mean:

I'll ovulate today?? Even tho I don't have cm or pains anymore!!

Or

Do you get a faint positive when you have just ovulated maybe the day before???

Sorry that's confusing!! I'm new to testing!! I'll set an alarm to make sure I test at the same time everyday next cycle!!

Old Dec 13th, 2011, 13:39 PM   2
Bean66
Other
BnB Addict

You could fade out pattern. You're positive may have been the day before.

If your cm has dried up then you probably have O'd.

Have a look at the website peeonastick.

Old Dec 13th, 2011, 13:49 PM   3
taylorxx
Pregnant (Expecting)
BnB Addict

You may have ovulated on Thursday/Friday.. how long is your cycle? I'd keep on BD'ing and using OPKs because you may have not ovulated yet. It would be horrible if you missed your fertile window! xx

ETA: What do you mean by faint positive? Is there a faint line or is it almost positive?

Old Dec 13th, 2011, 14:41 PM   4
Beccaboop
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict

Sorry it was a faint line which normally means your about to ovulate in the next day or so Doesn't it? but the other symptoms have gone so I think I ovulated and missed it but would that be a faint line or just no line at all???

Thanks for replying xxx

Old Dec 13th, 2011, 16:22 PM   5
taylorxx
Pregnant (Expecting)
BnB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beccaboop View Post
Sorry it was a faint line which normally means your about to ovulate in the next day or so Doesn't it? but the other symptoms have gone so I think I ovulated and missed it but would that be a faint line or just no line at all???

Thanks for replying xxx

Faint lines don't mean anything hun. You can have days and days of faint lines. Most women always have a faint line. It has to be as dark or darker then the control line to be positive. Once it's positive, you should ovulate anywhere from that day to 48/72 hours after your last positive OPK. Also, getting a positive opk does not guarantee ovulation will occur. Some women get multiple surges, some try to ov and fail, etc. That's more common with long, irregular cycles.

Also, you can get o like symptoms before you even ovulate, then it can go away, then come back when you actually ov. It can be quite confusing. If you want to know for sure when/if you ovulated, the best way is to chart your bbt.

When did you start using OPKs hun? What CD? xxx