LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Dec 15th, 2011, 00:07 AM   1
MrsHamstra
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member

Any success stories after long use of Depo Provera?

Im getting really frustrated
I discontinued Depo in June 2010 so I got my last shot in May2010. I was told to take follic acid while on depo but never did. I need success stories please. I need hope. Been ttc for a yr and havent been successful.
I was on depo for a total of 3 years. I was put on it at 17 I wanted to take the pill but long story short my ex bf's mom said if I didnt take depo I wouldnt have a place to live. She said id forget to take the pill. I hadnt researched it. Until a few months ago and it can sterlize women. I have very irregular cycles can women still get pregnant if we dont have a period every month?

Old Dec 15th, 2011, 19:09 PM   2
ImSoTired
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict

I had a relative on the depo and she gets pregnant even if her shot is slightly late! It drives me bananas cause here I am trying and she just gets lazy and boom. Baby again! I'm sure iit will happen whenyou finally regulate. It takes a long time I guess. I've been off of the pill for 6 months and my cycles are a terrible mess. A lot of women have long or strange cycles and it doesn't mean you're sterile or infertile it just means you are gonna have difficulty getting pregnant. It's sooo frustrating though, I know. I'm felling apart just waiting for my stupid period. Some days I cry about it for hours! I'm waiting to see if I get af within the next 2 weeks and if not I'm going back to the doctors. Have you contacted your ob/gyn to see what they had to say about your cycles and why it's taking so long to conceive?

Old Dec 15th, 2011, 19:34 PM   3
UenvyMEsha
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member

It is recommended to only prescribe Depo for 2 or less years. I rarely prescribe it because of the delay in fertility upon stopping the injections and because of the weight gain. It is not to late to start taking folic acid. Most prenatal vitamins have sufficient folic acid. Anyone who is trying to conceive should be taking prenatal vitamins anyway. It is not unusual to have trouble conceiving up to 1-2 years post depo. However, if you have been trying unsuccessfully to conceive for at least a year, that is enough for an infertility diagnosis. It is rare, but you can sometimes ovulate with no period. This is commonly seen, however, in women who are postpartum and/or breastfeeding. You should see your health care provider ASAP.

Old Dec 15th, 2011, 21:08 PM   4
MrsHamstra
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by UenvyMEsha View Post
It is recommended to only prescribe Depo for 2 or less years. I rarely prescribe it because of the delay in fertility upon stopping the injections and because of the weight gain. It is not to late to start taking folic acid. Most prenatal vitamins have sufficient folic acid. Anyone who is trying to conceive should be taking prenatal vitamins anyway. It is not unusual to have trouble conceiving up to 1-2 years post depo. However, if you have been trying unsuccessfully to conceive for at least a year, that is enough for an infertility diagnosis. It is rare, but you can sometimes ovulate with no period. This is commonly seen, however, in women who are postpartum and/or breastfeeding. You should see your health care provider ASAP.

Givin u a lil more background just to see if you think its an issue or normal for my situation.
I saw a obgny in july. I was put on clomid 50mg for 3months and it was regulating me 30day cycles. Im now on cd35 and didnt do a 4th round and here I am wondering where AF is. I didnt gain no.weight on the shot. Only side effect was UTI's every month like a period. Since beeing off depo I dont get uti's anymore. Im tiny and my obgyn said that could be an issue but im healthy.
I ovulated on my own with out clomid I just dont think im laying there long enough.

Old Dec 15th, 2011, 23:14 PM   5
UenvyMEsha
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member

Ovulation kits are good. Amazon has the Wondfo ovulation kits 50 for $9. Are you underweight? Being overweight or underweight can also cause fertility issues. I see that you are getting married soon. Stress can cause fertility issues. Dont be surprised if after you say your I dos and everything calms, you get your BFP. may want to wait a few more cycles and see if you can regulate your own cycles. However, sometimes birth control pills are used to regulate the cycle. They are taken until the cycle becomes regular, then discontinued. Unlike Depo, with birth control pills do not delay or alter fertility once they are ceased. Clomid is used to induce ovulation. If you are ovulating on your own, you dont need it.

This is my 2nd cycle TTC. I started using ovulation kits and taking prenatal vitamins w/folic acid 6 months prior to TTC. From this I learned that I ovulate every month on CD 15 and I have a 29 day cycle. Last month was the first cycle we TTC the natural way. This time, I am trying Preseed and Mucinex. Preseed is the only lubricant that is nontoxic to sperm. Also, mucinex (Guaifenesin) thins the cervical mucous, allowing more sperm to enter the uterus and find their way to the fallopian tubes. I plan to BD every other day starting the CD13 since I ovulate every month on CD15. So I plan to BD the 13, 15, and 17. This is my plan.

Old Dec 16th, 2011, 08:49 AM   6
MrsHamstra
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member

That sounds good.
Funny story. Ok last year in october or november I felt pregnant so I believed I could of been so I bought a test. I went to my best friends house and she said.good luck and it came up pos! I said theres no way really ahhh so I still couldnt believe it. She grabbed the box she.goes you have to lines? Two noticeble ones? I said yes seeee look! She goes renea your ovulating. Omfg! I bought an ovulation test not a pregnancy test. Ha ha lmao so I have been ovulating but the dr. put me on clomid because he thought I wasnt. And I got all pos every month on cd16 was way dark and then cd 17 bam faint pos.
I am going to try mucinex or whatever u said. Can you explain more about it?
Im not stressing about the wedding I am too excited to marry my man
Im stressing over stupid crap like saving 1000.oo in a week to go home to get married and vacation. And in january im really gonna be stressing because were paying rent in two places then two loan payments just out rageous expensive to live in a college town. Thats why we bought a house but the payments are due before we are moving in

Old Dec 16th, 2011, 20:37 PM   7
UenvyMEsha
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member

Thats what I meant by stress. I remember I was stressed the entire year prior to my wedding. Was my dress going to be ready on time? Would the it fit properly? What kind of cake? Who's sitting where? Thats what I meant by stress.

Additionally, Mucinex thins the body's mucous. This includes cervical mucous. Prior to ovulation the mucous should become clear, eggwhite, and watery. This allows sperm to enter the uterus more readily. Cervical mucous serves as a barrier to infection, sperm, etc. during nonovulation times of the month. Mucinex just helps thin this mucous. It is not an FDA approved usage. However, I am trying it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsHamstra View Post
That sounds good.

I am going to try mucinex or whatever u said. Can you explain more about it?
Im not stressing about the wedding I am too excited to marry my man
Im stressing over stupid crap like saving 1000.oo in a week to go home to get married and vacation. And in january im really gonna be stressing because were paying rent in two places then two loan payments just out rageous expensive to live in a college town. Thats why we bought a house but the payments are due before we are moving in

Old Dec 16th, 2011, 22:46 PM   8
MrsHamstra
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member

I never have.eggwhite stuff. I have like white cream stuff tmi sorry but I hear about all this egg white stuff but ive never had any of that

I know what u meant ur so sweet. Its a.cheapie wedding. I have my views on.certain things I dont have family so its.just courthouse. Then reception for his family. I Invited my mom and dad and they.declined. I dont.need a.reminder.when I look out in the crowd and not.see.the 2 people I want to be there.the most. I think maybe thats the problem too ive reached out to my mom and.she told me she hated me and that she dont.want me to.be apart of her life. Ive been so depressed

Old Dec 16th, 2011, 22:58 PM   9
MrsHamstra
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member

I never have.eggwhite stuff. I have like white cream stuff tmi sorry but I hear about all this egg white stuff but ive never had any of that

I know what u meant ur so sweet. Its a.cheapie wedding. I have my views on.certain things I dont have family so its.just courthouse. Then reception for his family. I Invited my mom and dad and they.declined. I dont.need a.reminder.when I look out in the crowd and not.see.the 2 people I want to be there.the most. I think maybe thats the problem too ive reached out to my mom and.she told me she hated me and that she dont.want me to.be apart of her life. Ive been so depressed

Old Dec 16th, 2011, 23:00 PM   10
MrsHamstra
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member

Oops stupid phone it posted that twice