LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Dec 21st, 2011, 20:56 PM   1
MommaDukes723
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

No LH surge!!!

Hello. Me and my husband have been TTC since September. I got off the pill on September 3, 2011 and weve been trying ever since. I bought my first OPK's (7 pack) in November after no luck for 2 months. I used them when I had cramps and CM. I used all 7 first thing in the morning for the next 7 days and did not have any LH surge at that time. Well, my P came and went. (My cycle is 35 days, and my P lasts about 7 days and is usually very heavy). I started using the 2nd pack of OPK's (a 20 pack this time) on day 3 of my cycle, just because my cycle is very irregular. I went 10 months with my P last year and just before that happened, I had my P for about 3 months straight. I went on the pill due a thick uterine lining that needed to be shed. That was in April. Got off in September. Well anyway, I have been using the OPKs everyday at the same time, and I still have no LH surge. I use a digital one so im not reading it wrong. Is is possible that TTC conceive will be tricky business for us? Is it possible that no LH surges mean I could be infertile?

Not to make this really long, but I do have a child already. However, it took awhile to get pregnant. I was in the "not trying, not preventing" catergory mainly because I was too young to be seeing a doctor about this (I was 16, bf was 18...long story, tough story) and I didnt get pregnant until I was 18. Possibly due to my age, but maybe not?? Is it possible that it is going to take me 2 years to do this again?? Its been 5 years since I gave birth to my son.

Has anyone else had an LH surge problem but still able to get pregnant???

Old Dec 21st, 2011, 21:10 PM   2
countryblonde
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member

ive had problems with opks myself...i could never get a positive... i get ewcm and all the other symptoms of ov. plus i used to temp so i know i do ovulate, but used opks for months and never got a postive..so maybe your just like me

try taking them at a different time of the day, not fmu.. try like 8 at night...opks dont need fmu..some people test two or three times a day too...for me its not worth the money..not yet anyway..lol

Old Jan 5th, 2012, 16:21 PM   3
LilSluz
Other
BnB Addict

Hi MommaDukes -

I have same probs. I have never had +OPK/LH surge & I've been testing since April/May in 7-10 day periods. I usually have 35D cycle. I finally bought ClearBlue Easy & still no LH in DEC - until I had a dream of a smiley face on CD28. I tested - positive LH - 1st time ever! So, I finally found a site where women were talking about conceiving on CD44 & I found research that said it can be up to CD40 (but we all know there are always exceptions!).

So, I started a thread but I don't think any1 knew what to tell me. I have no AF & neg HPT as of "DPO10". Chart says may be too early for HPT...

My advice: (1) chart! I know it sounds silly/lot of work, but its really easy & kinda fun (I do fertilityfriend.com but there's others), and (2) test EVERY day - I mean every day unless you have AF. For some reason, we have weird cycles & this last one is really throwing me for a loop!? I'm 38. But, I have foundout that it IS definitely possible to ov on days WAY past that 7-day perfect window that others have. If still no LH, test 2x/day.

Good luck to you! Post back if it happens!

Old Jan 5th, 2012, 16:24 PM   4
LilSluz
Other
BnB Addict

Btw - yes you can def still get preg w/no +OPK. Lots of people have. You can just "miss it" sometimes

Old Jan 5th, 2012, 16:51 PM   5
WGP0909
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member

ya i too had zero luck with opks. if you don't follow instructions to a t, it's very easy to not get the positive. i've never had a positive, but can also tell i'm ovulation by cm and cervical position. opks aren't for everyone. the pill can mess you up sometimes, so try finding a natural supplemnt(i used vitex agnus cactus look it up. worked well for me) so just cuz the opks read no, don't cancell it out. good luck!

Old Jan 5th, 2012, 20:46 PM   6
Katikins612
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member

Hi,
I read alot about people checking their cervical position. Could someone explain this to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WGP0909 View Post
ya i too had zero luck with opks. if you don't follow instructions to a t, it's very easy to not get the positive. i've never had a positive, but can also tell i'm ovulation by cm and cervical position. opks aren't for everyone. the pill can mess you up sometimes, so try finding a natural supplemnt(i used vitex agnus cactus look it up. worked well for me) so just cuz the opks read no, don't cancell it out. good luck!

Old Jan 6th, 2012, 07:30 AM   7
lanicol12
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member

I would def recommend charting, even just for 1 month to see if you are ovulating and put your mind at rest. Charting is the only way you can tell for certain that you have ovulated, CM and CP are secondary signs and both can change during your cycle to indicate ovulation without ovulation actually occuring at all. The only way to know for sure that you ovulate is with BBT.

Don't let the OPK's worry you, many many people never get positives on them for whatever reason and they do indeed ovulate and concieve

Edited to add - For some reason FMU isn't recommended for OPK's so maybe try mid morning and mid afternoon x