Old Jan 12th, 2012, 20:26 PM   1
ghinspire22
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member

So...I have PCOS...

I just got diagnosed today.

I have mixed feelings.

They put me on a medication.

I feel a little nervous because...am I going to be able to get pregnant or is this when I just give up?

Old Jan 12th, 2012, 20:45 PM   2
CrystalMarie
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member

Lots of women with PCOS concieve so dont give up just yet, you have plenty of options!! What medication did they put you on?

Old Jan 12th, 2012, 20:57 PM   3
amyv15
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

A girl I work with has PCOS and she has a 1 year old daughter. Don't count yourself out!

Old Jan 12th, 2012, 21:03 PM   4
ghinspire22
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalMarie View Post
Lots of women with PCOS concieve so dont give up just yet, you have plenty of options!! What medication did they put you on?
They put me on Metformin.

Old Jan 12th, 2012, 21:15 PM   5
Helena_
Pregnant (Expecting)
BnB Addict

hey! I have PCOS and was put on Metformin and Clomid. I ovulated for the first time last month. Tons of women concieve with pcos...they just usually need a little assitance (herbs or medication). Don't lose hope! I'm here to talk if you need me

Old Jan 12th, 2012, 21:17 PM   6
ghinspire22
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helena_Lynn View Post
hey! I have PCOS and was put on Metformin and Clomid. I ovulated for the first time last month. Tons of women concieve with pcos...they just usually need a little assitance (herbs or medication). Don't lose hope! I'm here to talk if you need me
Thank you! I definitely will! I hope you have luck this month!

Old Jan 12th, 2012, 21:18 PM   7
Helena_
Pregnant (Expecting)
BnB Addict

Thanks! I just ovulated yesterday so I'm in the tww now

Old Jan 12th, 2012, 22:16 PM   8
CrystalMarie
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member

I might have PCOS myself and started metformin Dec 24th for insulin resistance, I had extremely irregular cycles, only had 3 periods last year, April, August and November, took metformin for two weeks and bam af showed up so it appears to be helping some how! I started bbt this month too to see if Im ovulating if not I will be starting on clomid at some point, so dont get discouraged my dear there are lots of options out there!!! Ive heard many success stories of women getting pregnant just from taking metformin, maybe you and I will join those stories

Old Jan 12th, 2012, 23:21 PM   9
RainAngel
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Chat Happy BnB Member

i have PCOS, started on Metformin in october. i've had 2 cycles - 39 days compared to not having AF for months (sometimes years!) at a time. my dr said there's all kinds of options for PCOS women

Old Jan 13th, 2012, 10:07 AM   10
ghinspire22
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member

Thank you everyone! I feel so much better knowing that I am not alone. I didn't even know PCOS existed until I started doing research after the doctor told me what the ultrasound had shown.

I have been trying to read as much as possible to make sure I know what I can do to help my body. Luckily I started going to the gym with a friend and they say that excerise and weight loss can help. So I figure I am going in the right direction.

SEO by vBSEO