Forum Rules

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jan 19th, 2012, 21:46 PM   1
felecia
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

CM question

Hello this may be TMI for many but i have a question im hoping someone can answer. I have never had normal periods and just found out I'm insulin resistant. I went on birth control for three months and took my last pill Dec 25th. I had a withdrawal period from the 28th thru the 2nd. I have also been on metformin ever since October so this will be my first month on it without the birth control. Anyways I have been checking my CM each time I go to the bathroom and I just had a glob that looked like snot. If I am regulated and have a 28day cycle I should start my period Tuesday so why would my CM look kinda like a snotty substance not really egg white and it's just a hint of yellow but doesn't smell. Has anyone had this? If so did you find out what it was?

Old Jan 19th, 2012, 23:43 PM   2
WGP0909
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member

it could be pre-ovulation CM.. or after af CM. are you saying you are having regular cycles now? if your ccle is a bit longer, this could be your body starting ovulation, or just coming off ovulation. there's really no way to know without being tested. if you aren't tested, you need to closely watch your body, so you know what's normal and what's not. i would recommend looking into vitex agnus castus. i'm not really sure what insulin resistant is... (stupid of me?) but i know vitex helps with regulating periods, for a range of reasons. i personally took vitex when coming off a nasty BC that stopped my periods all together. i wasn't having any at all when i stopped my BC. i looked into and found vitex. it really helped and i now am regulated. it's really something worth looking it to. it can be found online, in powder or pills, and quite inexpensive! GL! xxx

Old Jan 24th, 2012, 13:56 PM   3
felecia
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WGP0909 View Post
it could be pre-ovulation CM.. or after af CM. are you saying you are having regular cycles now? if your ccle is a bit longer, this could be your body starting ovulation, or just coming off ovulation. there's really no way to know without being tested. if you aren't tested, you need to closely watch your body, so you know what's normal and what's not. i would recommend looking into vitex agnus castus. i'm not really sure what insulin resistant is... (stupid of me?) but i know vitex helps with regulating periods, for a range of reasons. i personally took vitex when coming off a nasty BC that stopped my periods all together. i wasn't having any at all when i stopped my BC. i looked into and found vitex. it really helped and i now am regulated. it's really something worth looking it to. it can be found online, in powder or pills, and quite inexpensive! GL! xxx
I don't know if I am going to have regular cycles yet... I just came off b/c Dec 25, 2011.. I'm supposed to start today according to my calendar, but I don't have the feeling of AF coming, b/c before I usually had a horrible bach ache then she came. I have taken the vitex before and it didn't help, although at that time I was on my period for 9 months and I didn't have anything under control. Insulin resistant is basically something that can lead to diabetes (I am at a 12 and diabetes people are 25). Basically we have trouble losing weight, and due to the insulin problems it makes ovulation harder and most of us don't have regular periods at all... we can either have no periods or have them constantly. I am on metformin currently, but tomorrow will be looking into clomid (which vitex is supposed to be equivalent) hopefully that will work being I am now taking metformin. Thanks for your reply... if clomid doesn't work and the dr runs out of ideas I will probably try vitex one more time!

SEO by vBSEO