LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jan 23rd, 2012, 19:42 PM   1
Sombra
Pregnant (Expecting)
Inactive

Anyone TTC after DH with testicular cancer?

Is there anyone else out there that is TTC with a husband that had testicular or any other kind of cancer?

My husband was diagnosed with testicular cancer at the age of 19. He had one testicle removed and did not have any sperm frozen prior to chemotherapy. He is 36 now and has been in remission since soon after we got together 14 years ago.

We have been TTC for 8 months now without success. After a few months I was so afraid that he would not be able to father a child, but last month we bought a home male fertility kit and low and behold there were tons of swimmers when I looked through that microscope. This made both of us much more hopeful, however still no success.

Just wondering if any of you have had experience with this...

Old Jan 24th, 2012, 09:32 AM   2
LDC
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict

Congrats on your oh being in remission, that's great

I haven't had any experience of this but if the home fertility test shows good swimmers then it may just be a matter of time, do you do ovulation tests etc to find out when the best time for you to conceive is?

Other than that maybe try health websites and see if there is any info on there, sorry I can't be any more help.

Wishing you lots of luck x

Old Jan 27th, 2012, 20:36 PM   3
Chickadeedee
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member

Meee!!!!!! My DH was diagnosed when he was in his early 30's. We met and started dating when he was 37. He had one testicle removed and radiation but no chemo and no frozen sperm. We have been trying for 6 months, with no luck., he went in for a SA on Wed and we are awaiting results!!!!
We are now 53 (him) and 37 (me) and have been together for 17 years!

Old Jan 28th, 2012, 06:43 AM   4
Sombra
Pregnant (Expecting)
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickadeedee View Post
Meee!!!!!! My DH was diagnosed when he was in his early 30's. We met and started dating when he was 37. He had one testicle removed and radiation but no chemo and no frozen sperm. We have been trying for 6 months, with no luck., he went in for a SA on Wed and we are awaiting results!!!!
We are now 53 (him) and 37 (me) and have been together for 17 years!

I'm looking forward to hearing your results. There's a good chance they will be just fine. My husband too had one testicle removed, but the one really does step up to the plate. His sperm count is anything but low. The human body is smart AND resilient.

I would like it if you keep me posted...we have husband with similar challenges and you and I are both about the same age. It would be nice to hear about your success.

Old Jan 28th, 2012, 15:00 PM   5
Chickadeedee
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member

Sombra - absolutely will keep you posted! I am currently in my TWW now, so fingers crossed!

Old Jan 28th, 2012, 15:49 PM   6
Sombra
Pregnant (Expecting)
Inactive

I just got my positive OPK this morning. Hoping to DTD today and tomorrow. I love when I ovulate on a weekend...makes it much more convenient!

Old Jan 29th, 2012, 11:59 AM   7
Chickadeedee
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member

Sombra that's terrific!! Let the TWW begin for you!!
I am going to try like mad to hold off on testing until Friday.....that will be 1 day before AF is due. I'm having some symptoms over the past few days that could be either AF trying to show up early OR maybe pregnancy symptoms?? Eeekkkk it is so hard to wait!!!!

Old Jan 29th, 2012, 12:44 PM   8
Sombra
Pregnant (Expecting)
Inactive

Well, you know I will be hoping for a BFP for you! All this TTC can really play with your emotions, especially when you always have that fear in the back of your mind that it will never happen. Can't wait til the waiting days are through for the both of us!

Old Feb 3rd, 2012, 19:03 PM   9
Sombra
Pregnant (Expecting)
Inactive

So Chickadeedee! Update me on what you have found out and how things are going. My two week wait has turned into a one week wait...coming down the home stretch. Keeping fingers x'd!

Old Feb 4th, 2012, 09:00 AM   10
Chickadeedee
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member

Hello!!! No results on the SA yet....DH has promised to call on Monday!
I am officially late for AF...tested yesterday afternoon and got a BFN but it wasn't with FMU....I didn't bother testing this morning....tomorrow we willl be in a hotel room so I don't think I'll test then either....but maybe I willl....trying not to get my hopes up, its probably just a really long cycle this month
How are you feeling???