Forum Rules

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jan 24th, 2012, 18:12 PM   1
TTC our first
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member

Please Help!

Hey! I am new to B&B. I have been married for 1 yr 4 months and have been TTC for 7 months. Unfortunately no luck so far. I have a 28 day cycle and my AF is due Jan 27. I took a 6 day early pregnancy test from first response on sunday and this morning both BFN. This past week I have been having pain in my lower abdomen,had a sore throat for a day that went away on its own and weird sensations in my breasts kind of like soreness. My symptoms seem to come and go. I am getting very depressed and losing faith that I will never get a BFP. Is anyone else experiencing these symptoms or have any advice? I am really scared to test tomorrow but know if I dont I wont let it go all day. I really think im addicted to POAS!

to all who are testing this week!

Old Jan 24th, 2012, 18:23 PM   2
WantsALittle1
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict

Hey sweets. First I'll say of COURSE it's possible. Keep your spirits high, and just know that we all do this...wonder if every symptom we feel is because we are actually PG. I just know from my last cycle that the mind is very powerful in convincing us that we're PG when we aren't, and so it pays to be a bit cautious. My AF was 2 days late and I was sure I was PG (even though we started trying on CD23 so there was no way it was gonna happen!)

The crappy truth is that all symptoms during the TWW mirror those of PG because you are being flooded with the same sorts of hormones that flood your bloodstream during pregnancy. So yes, sore bbs is one of the first and most widely-experienced signs of a PG, but it's just impossible to know right now whether it's PMS or PG that's causing your sore bbs. The sore throat is encouraging, as I've read that quite a few women get flu/cold-like symptoms just before getting a BFP. The pain in your lower abdomen could be menstrual blood getting ready to shed, but hopefully it's not. Hopefully it's a burrowing bub! I'm crossing all my fingers and toes for you! 6 days is probs too early to test, but then again some ladies get BFPs a week after conception. Wishing you so much luck and hoping this is your month!

Old Jan 24th, 2012, 18:29 PM   3
LilSluz
Other
BnB Addict

yes it is possible! I did the same thing last month - ended up with a 43-day cycle, but could have sworn from my symptoms that I was preg. I tested every 3 days & only did "that well" b/c I held myself back, but every day it was really hard not to test! If its a cheapie, I say do it b/c yo u can drive yourself crazy not doing it. And stress is really bad for you if TTC...

Don't give up!

Old Jan 24th, 2012, 18:44 PM   4
TTC our first
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member

Thank you ladies! Tomorrow I will finally be last before AF. I have many first choice pregnancy tests from the dollar store to use. I had a OPK kit and from that first response gave me three tests. So thats what I have been using.

This is the first month out of 7 that these symptoms are driving me absolutely crazy so I am really really hoping this is it and not my imagination. I wasnt aware that cold/flu symptoms could be possible pg symptoms. That brings my spirit up a little and gives me hope!

Old Jan 25th, 2012, 19:06 PM   5
aegle
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member

BTW, I had a sore throat a at 7-8 dpo... pains in my abdomen the whole time, my breasts got sore at 15dpo or so. There's hope! I got so upset after my 5th BFN.. but the 6th was the key. Try to be patient...

SEO by vBSEO