LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Feb 18th, 2012, 01:32 AM   1
Mrssykes
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

40+ day cycle, false positive opk?

I have irregular cycles anywhere from 32 to 48 days, during the 5 months we have been trying I have had one 32 day cycle and the rest have been over 40.

I was wondering if anyone else has had an experience with a false positive opk? On the cycles 40+ days I get a positive opk on as early as day 15 and as late as day 18... but then I don't get my period until day 42 or day 48. Could it be a false positive or is my body getting ready to ovulate and I am not releasing and egg? I know that a 28 day LP is not possible. I was wondering if anyone else has had anything similar? I am going to try Soy Isoflavones this cycle to see if it will move up the date and shorten my cycle but I am curious if anyone has had a similar experience. Any feedback is appreciate!

Old Feb 18th, 2012, 02:53 AM   2
ms sunshine
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member

try vitamin d apparently that can help with cycles, i have read other people on here that they have shortened their cycle and made it more regular. i have also read red blossom clover can also help make sure you are releasing an egg and is apparently according to a herbalist is the best thing to help conceive. im on month two of both. can't help with the other bits, but as my cycle is just over 5 weeks. Google susun weed she is a herbalist who specializes in fertility. hope this helps and good luck x