LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Mar 2nd, 2012, 12:39 PM   1
kristen
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

When is the best time to BD during your fertile time??

Hey Ladies, im back on this thread from the TWW as AF came today
after crying for ages am now ready to start a new cycle!

I ovulate on the 16th March, I was told to BD a couple of days before and that on the day of ovulation is too late?

Last cycle i ovulated on 17th Feb and BD every day from the saturday to the 16th (had to catch my train home on 16th unfortunately) Also used preseed.

Please tell me the best time for conceiving on your fertile window please as heard so many diff stories I just want the best chance as its really heartbreaking every time AF shoes. x

Old Mar 2nd, 2012, 12:48 PM   2
Beccaboop
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict

I heard the best time to is 2 days before ovulation but that's what we do and I'm not pregnant yet so I don't know either.

Sorry you didn't get your bfp this month hopefully next month you will xxxx

Old Mar 2nd, 2012, 12:56 PM   3
kerrbear7183
Waiting To Try (WTT)
BnB Addict

A general recommendation is to BD 3 times per week throughout the cycle. During your fertile window, you should BD every other day up through 3 days before ovulation, then go to daily. For example, if you ovulate on CD14, you should BD daily on CD11,12,13,14.

Hope that helps a little!

Old Mar 2nd, 2012, 13:31 PM   4
Hausfrau
Other
Chat Happy BnB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrbear7183 View Post
A general recommendation is to BD 3 times per week throughout the cycle. During your fertile window, you should BD every other day up through 3 days before ovulation, then go to daily. For example, if you ovulate on CD14, you should BD daily on CD11,12,13,14.

Hope that helps a little!
Yes, this! BDing at least 3 times a week will gaurentee that you'll catch your most fertile day(s)

Old Mar 2nd, 2012, 13:46 PM   5
hello_kitty_t
Pregnant (Expecting)
Chat Happy BnB Member

I agree with the above. Every other day when O is close. Then every day for the 2 days leading up to O & including the day of O. You can continue a couple days after just to be on the safe side. As long as you have fertile CM (or Preseed) the little swimmers can live in there for up to 3 days or so. (Have read it's possible for even 4 days) Then when you O the sperm is there waiting for it and they have "matured" a bit, too. The day of O isn't too late! But, the egg starts to break down after 12-24 hours so after that.. it is too late.

Old Mar 2nd, 2012, 13:48 PM   6
kristen
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

Yeh thats what ive heard will try preseed again this month. thansk hun you too xxx

Old Mar 2nd, 2012, 13:51 PM   7
kristen
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

On ovulation calculatore predicts my fertile days are on tues march 13th to sat 17th march. So will be doing it on those dayss its just sometimes I have to catch my train home on last fertile days which can be annoying, but i spose its done when it can be

Old Mar 2nd, 2012, 14:30 PM   8
hello_kitty_t
Pregnant (Expecting)
Chat Happy BnB Member

Do you and your OH not live together? That would be tough!

Old Mar 3rd, 2012, 02:45 AM   9
kerrbear7183
Waiting To Try (WTT)
BnB Addict

I understand how it's sometimes hard to BD on all fertile days. My husband and I work different shifts which makes it hard. Good luck!

Old Mar 3rd, 2012, 06:36 AM   10
twinklestop
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

sorry to gate crash!!! so when you get a positive Ovulation test does this mean you should have BD before you get your positive on there???