Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Mar 4th, 2012, 18:09 PM   1
staceyful
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Newcastle Upon Tyne
Posts: 162

7 days late but cramping


Hi I'm TTC and 7 days late for my period but keep getting cramps at night like my period is going to come but so far it hasn't! I'm bloated and have sore legs which I usually get with periods, but am tired all of the time and going to the toilet more often which is unusual. I've just ordered some pregnancy tests but wondered what people thought in the meantime? Also I know that for a few months after a mc you are more fertile and I miscarried at 3 months in November but didn't stop bleeding until start of January so not sure whether that means more fertile from the date you miscarry or the date you stop bleeding
Any advice would really help! TIA xx



Status: Offline
 
Old Mar 4th, 2012, 18:30 PM   2
keepholdingon
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 2,883
Quote:
Originally Posted by staceyful View Post
Hi I'm TTC and 7 days late for my period but keep getting cramps at night like my period is going to come but so far it hasn't! I'm bloated and have sore legs which I usually get with periods, but am tired all of the time and going to the toilet more often which is unusual. I've just ordered some pregnancy tests but wondered what people thought in the meantime? Also I know that for a few months after a mc you are more fertile and I miscarried at 3 months in November but didn't stop bleeding until start of January so not sure whether that means more fertile from the date you miscarry or the date you stop bleeding
Any advice would really help! TIA xx
Have you been charting your morning temperature (BBT)? Can you run to the store to get a preg test? The wait would drive me crazy if I were a week late



Status: Offline
 
Old Mar 4th, 2012, 18:35 PM   3
staceyful
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Newcastle Upon Tyne
Posts: 162
No but I use my days app and have recorded periods since 2008 and only ever missed period before miscarriage and once when I drastically changed my diet! the shop closed at 10 so can't get one until the morning but am dreading it in a way in case it's negative



Status: Offline
 
Old Mar 4th, 2012, 18:44 PM   4
keepholdingon
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 2,883
Quote:
Originally Posted by staceyful View Post
No but I use my days app and have recorded periods since 2008 and only ever missed period before miscarriage and once when I drastically changed my diet! the shop closed at 10 so can't get one until the morning but am dreading it in a way in case it's negative
Doh! I forget not everyone is in the same time zone as me.

I use MyDays too, but I recently starting temping myself to track if ovulation is actually occurring when it's supposed to be.

While you're at the drugstore, see if they have a basal body temperature thermometer. From what I've gathered, if your temperature right in the morning when you wake up, BEFORE YOU DO ANYTHING, is over 98 consistently it means you've ovulated and if it stays up there well past your O then you are quite possibly pregnant. THAT being said, every body/woman is different but you can use it as a point of reference. Your actual temperatures may be completely different. Try tracking your own temps in the morning and see if they stay high if you get a BFN on the preg test, then schedule a dr. appt.



Status: Offline
 
Old Mar 4th, 2012, 18:51 PM   5
staceyful
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Newcastle Upon Tyne
Posts: 162
oh I never realised about time zones lol! thanks for that I'll have a look for one of those, are they expensive? Also do you find MyDays to be very accurate? As I usually calculate my due day by counting 4 weeks from when my last period finished which was the 28th but the app calculated my due date as the 23rd which would make it 12 days late!



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Mar 4th, 2012, 18:58 PM   6
keepholdingon
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 2,883
Quote:
Originally Posted by staceyful View Post
oh I never realised about time zones lol! thanks for that I'll have a look for one of those, are they expensive? Also do you find MyDays to be very accurate? As I usually calculate my due day by counting 4 weeks from when my last period finished which was the 28th but the app calculated my due date as the 23rd which would make it 12 days late!
I got my basal thermometer for about 8 USD at a local drug store.

MyDays was usually pretty consistent for me, but within the past couple months, it's been a little off. My schedule's been a bit different and I didn't realize that the light spotting I get before the regular flow does NOT count as the beginning of a new cycle so my days are a bit off on there.

Cycle day 1 is the day you start bleeding a red flow. If you say you have a 28 day cycle, then the day after your 28th day is the day you will get your period and it will become CD1 again. Your next period should start 4 weeks after the START of your last period. If you have a 40 day cycle, then after CD40, you'll get your period and it becomes CD1 again. CD1 is always the first day of red flow.

So... depending on the date you got your last period, you may actually be quite more than 7 days late.



Status: Offline
 
Old Mar 4th, 2012, 19:07 PM   7
staceyful
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Newcastle Upon Tyne
Posts: 162
I'll definitely be getting one of those then! Thanks and yeah I'm not sure of it any more there's a lot of things that can really affect your cycle which it doesn't have an option for! Awh I'm really excited now my last CD1 was 25th Jan but I think my cycle is longer than 28 days, maybe about 31ish. Thanks for all your advice !! xx



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Mar 4th, 2012, 19:37 PM   8
keepholdingon
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 2,883
Good luck and keep us updated!




Status: Offline
 
Old Mar 5th, 2012, 06:53 AM   9
staceyful
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Newcastle Upon Tyne
Posts: 162
Just thought I'd update, went to shop this morning and got a pack of sure sign tests, waited about an hour and a half, dipped the first and the lines showed instantly, did the second and same again so proud to say I'm expecting! have an appt booked with GP and will find out soon how far I am!!! Thanks for all of your help and fingers crossed for you xxx



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Mar 5th, 2012, 08:23 AM   10
keepholdingon
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 2,883
Quote:
Originally Posted by staceyful View Post
Just thought I'd update, went to shop this morning and got a pack of sure sign tests, waited about an hour and a half, dipped the first and the lines showed instantly, did the second and same again so proud to say I'm expecting! have an appt booked with GP and will find out soon how far I am!!! Thanks for all of your help and fingers crossed for you xxx
YAY!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!



Status: Offline
 
Reply



Bookmarks

Tags
cramping , days , late

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search






SEO by vBSEO