Forum Rules

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Apr 10th, 2012, 19:34 PM   11
san fran shan
Other
BnB Addict

Hi Ashley, I know what you mean about not finding much info on this. Usually women with discharge have high prolactin levels. Mine was really low, like at 3, but the discharge was there. My RE never questioned anything about it since my level is normal, I just happened to mention it. The cabergoline is a medication that people with elevated prolactin levels take. I think it works on your pituitary gland. I don't have a tumor, and my levels are normal, but the medication stopped the discharge. I have been on it for about 4 months. I am still not pregnant though, so who knows if that was the reason.

Thyroid problems run in my family, and one of the tests for me is on the lowest end of the normal range. I went on thyroid meds for a couple weeks like over a year ago and it gave me the worst anxiety attack. I stopped the meds and figured I would wait til I am outside the normal range. My dad is on thyroid meds for the rest of his life.

How are your cycles? Are they normal? Before the cabergoline mine were up to 40 days long and I would spot for like 4 days before it actually started. The cabergoline shortened my cycles a lot. Almost too short though since the last one was onle 22 days long. That is why I am on the progesterone suppositories now.

Old Apr 12th, 2012, 00:47 AM   12
ashley23ttc
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

I see, yes my prolactin levels are normal too. I will be on thyroid meds forever too but they have helped me greatly with all my weird symptoms (aside from the lactation) My periods are not normal, my bleeding pattern is normal but my cycles are anywhere from 35-45 days long!!! Has the progesterone helped at all? I just got a ton of blood tests and my follow up is on May 1st, they think low progesterone might be it for me too.

Old Apr 12th, 2012, 21:48 PM   13
san fran shan
Other
BnB Addict

Ashley, that is good your getting tested. Did you specifically ask about the breast discharge? The progesterone has kept my period from starting too early, but it was the cabergoline that shortened my cycles. A 40 day cycle is torture when you are TTC!!

Old Apr 15th, 2012, 09:40 AM   14
san fran shan
Other
BnB Addict

I got my BFP on Friday the 13th!! That was 12 dpIUI. I took 3 tests Friday and one at 4 AM Saturday because I couldn't sleep. All positive. Yesterday I went in for a blood test and go back tomorrow for another one to make sure the levels are rising. Once those results are known, I will start to get excited. I am very cautious right now. Here is the link to my new journal.
http://www.babyandbump.com/pregnancy...l-finally.html

Old Apr 15th, 2012, 14:53 PM   15
ashley23ttc
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

OMG that is amazing news Congrats!!!!! And good luck dear

Old Apr 15th, 2012, 14:56 PM   16
ashley23ttc
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

Yes it is good my doc has been very thourough so far! Follow up on May 1st so ill see what the results are. And ya 40 day cycles are torture indeed!!!

Old May 7th, 2012, 19:58 PM   17
rowdyratts
Press/Research
Active BnB Member

Congrats! I hope you have a very smooth pregnancy. My sister saw a nutritionist regularly throughout both of her pregnancies and she said it did wonders for her and her babies.

SEO by vBSEO