Forum Rules

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old May 3rd, 2012, 14:48 PM   1
Kittymommy
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

FB is the worst when TTC!!!

Okay this my first post. I'm 26 been married 6 yrs. and am going on my 10th cycle of TTC.
I'm a dance teacher to children and adults . Right now Im surrounded by pregnant ladies, a co worker, 3 students (adults), etc. All of wich happened in the time I have been TTC. One I found out about last night, "they only bd'd once what a surprise ." This started a brag fest of "it never took me no longer then 2 mths tc."
Needless to say I went home devastated and frustrated . Then I made the biggest mistake of my life! I went on facebook... Announcement after announcement, I had to laugh it was so ridiculous.
FB IS EVIL WHEN TTC !!!
Sorry had to vent thank you for listening

Old May 3rd, 2012, 14:54 PM   2
TSpeiser
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member

Agreed! Everyday I get on FB someone else is excited about sharing their wonderful news. Effin Baby Gaga needs to stop rubbing it in too, always posting updates on how everyone's baby is growing this week. One day...one day soon!

Old May 3rd, 2012, 15:49 PM   3
Kittymommy
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

yes I know! The worst is when people post pictures of their BFP pee stick

Old May 3rd, 2012, 16:02 PM   4
TSpeiser
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member

Or their ultrasound pics! This wouldn't have happened on Myspace lol

Where are you in your cycle? I'm 27, been TTC since November 2011 and had a MC in March 2012. Currently on cd10 of my first cycle since MC and have no idea when O will occur.

Old May 3rd, 2012, 19:05 PM   5
Kittymommy
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

I'm sorry for your loss. I actually had a chemical pregnancy last month and it crushed me. Im on CD 9 and sick of spending money on opk's so im probably going to go off of my cycle app I have on my phone . We will see the next week at work is going to be crazy so we will see what happens.

Old May 4th, 2012, 09:17 AM   6
TSpeiser
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member

So, we're pretty much in the same place. I was 6wks. Any loss is hard but it'll all work out at some point. I'm bad about pregnancy test, I don't even buy them anymore because if I have them I WILL use them. lol I've never used opk's but might start if I don't get a bfp within the next month or two.

Old May 4th, 2012, 09:24 AM   7
Nicola27
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member

sorry to hear about the MCs
i hate FB since TTC - i said in a post earlier this week that when i get my BFP i won't be putting it on FB - i don't want to rub it in people's faces (even though i know that's not why they do it-they're just happy) and the important people in my life will be told face to face. pictures of scans i will private message to people who i love - not on my wall so random people i went to high school with can see! GL you two x

Old May 4th, 2012, 10:52 AM   8
wristwatch24
Mum (Mom)
Chat Happy BnB Member

I actually ended up disabling my Facebook for about a week because of this. I was soooo upset one day because AF came and I REALLY thought I was pg. First thing that happened when I logged in was a picture of someone's ultrasound for her THIRD child and wasn't even trying. It actually felt awesome to completely cut myself off from FB for a few days. Hang in there. It'll happen soon!

Old May 4th, 2012, 10:57 AM   9
eebee
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member

I don't understand posting stuff about pregnancy on fb. So many people put their 12 week scan up and I know after 12 weeks it's a lot more likely that the pregnancy will continue but late miscarriages, still-births...I don't think I could cope with having to write something like that on my fb wall to update people.

I'll tell parents, sister, best friend, friends first and face-to-face. Everyone else will find out as and when they see me. I will not be one of those women who posts every single pregnancy symptom on fb or who complains about them, besides, I'll be too busy trawling baby sites to be worrying about whether or not fb land knows that I'm peeing every 3 minutes or that I haven't slept properly in 5 months.

Old May 4th, 2012, 11:02 AM   10
Nicola27
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member

i'm totally with you eebee - i have a friend who put just 2 things on fb for the entire length of her pregnancy and i have so much respect for her for not shoving it in people's faces - more than that, it's a special time to share with loved ones, not near strangers!

oh god, worse than scan pictures on FB is first baby pics put on by OHs, with mum looking totally knackered! geez leave the poor woman alone, she just gave birth!

SEO by vBSEO