Forum Rules

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old May 3rd, 2012, 22:38 PM   1
misshydra
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

Just for fun! #of kids and gender predictor!

Hey ladies!

I've only been TTC since October, but I'm already impatient to know what gender/how many children I will have. I was at a baby shower this past weekend and people were doing the ring test. Any of you heard of it?

I thought it was tons of fun and it predicted I would have FIVE KIDS [girl, girl, boy, boy/girl twins]. I definitely don't know how much I believe it but it was good for a laugh (though it did do the same pattern twice on me over the course of the shower... lol).

SO! here are the directions - I want to hear what the ring test predicts for you!

--------

What to do:
Thread a sewing needle and knot it so there is 6-10 inches of thread - or, take a chain/pendant or put a ring on a necklace.

Hold your left hand out, palm up (helps to place on a table!)
Anchor your right elbow and hold the chain/thread in your hand with the ring just above your palm and wait for the movement to stop.
Then, hold both hands still and let the needle do the work.

The needle will begin to move:
Circles = girls (twin girls - circle will go in one direction and then switch direction without coming to a full stop between)
Lines = boys (twin boys - lines will go in one direction (eg. side to side) and then switch in another (up and down))
Boy/girl twins - will be either a circle or line and then switch to the others without stopping between.

It will stop moving completely in between each pregnancy.
Turn off any fans and make sure circulating air is not affecting the reading.

-----

Have fun!!!!!

Old May 3rd, 2012, 23:23 PM   2
jessandaj
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Chat Happy BnB Member

It did boy then girl and then stopped wouldint move a mucsle lol i always thought id want alot of kids but that could change after you have em i guess hahah well we will see according to the chinese gender predictor if i get pregnant within the next couple cycles its suppose to be a boy so kinda weird haha and my phycic prediction was for a boy but it was for janurary but still i just think im having a boy first

did it again and it did the same thing haha idk if it a mind thing or what but i swear im not moving my arm at all

Old May 3rd, 2012, 23:44 PM   3
misshydra
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

haha awesome! I can't wait to check back to see if these are right! I just did mine again and it did the exact same thing, ack. I better start looking for a bigger house

Old May 4th, 2012, 00:22 AM   4
jessandaj
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Chat Happy BnB Member

I did it again and the more i pay attention it slows down but never stops compltly between going from boy to girl hmmm my grandma had twins and no one has had them since so maybe haha i could not imagine twins my sister in law has them but she already had 2 kids shes actually on her 6th ! you just better hope there far apart girl cause her life is hard lol she is pregnant her youngest is 7 months then her twins 1 boy and 1 girl are 2 her next son is 3 and her daughter is 5 it is crazy over there but fun then again im not there 24/7 im sure the fun runs out at times haha

Old May 4th, 2012, 00:50 AM   5
kerrbear7183
Trying to conceive (TTC)
BnB Addict

I just tried it, too. Mine was boy/girl twins then boy. I tried it 3 times and it was the same each time. It would be cool if this were true. Twins run in my family and I've always said I want twins and would love for them to be boy/girl. We also want to have 3 kids. I would so excited if this was right.

Old May 4th, 2012, 01:36 AM   6
misshydra
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

That's really cool!! Well, loads of baby dust to you

I love old wives games like this. Anyone know of any others?

Old May 4th, 2012, 01:38 AM   7
misshydra
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

And HOLY CRAP jessandaj! That sounds like a busy house!

Old May 4th, 2012, 01:43 AM   8
jessandaj
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Chat Happy BnB Member

YES it is a extremly crazy house haha and there mom is stay at home with them 24/7 barley has breaks idk how she even does it but there is the whole first pregnancy test thing and its suppose to have something to do with gender to but long long long looooong ago women would pee on a planted day after day and if it grew then they were pregnant but there was something to do with gender about it too and they proved that 70% of the time pregnant womens pee made a plant grow while women not pregnant and men would not make the plant grow

Old May 4th, 2012, 10:32 AM   9
curlygurl
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member

Ladies I had to jump in on this! My sister had heard about this and she did it with my mom who has daughter, son, daughter, daughter, and when she put the ring over her hand - it did that exact pattern!

I just did it and mine was boy, girl, and boy again. (although there were alot of circles!)

I haven't had any luck yet, AF is due tomorrow if I get it, I am getting clomid and IUI this month - praying that will work - its been so long!

Good luck and thanks for sharing! I needed this fun post today!

Old May 4th, 2012, 12:55 PM   10
pennylane2
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

I plan on only having one and then adopting one. I always thought girl and hoped girl for my biological child- but I'd be grateful for boy. I assumed we would adopt a girl.

SEO by vBSEO