Forum Rules

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old May 6th, 2012, 17:10 PM   1
TTC_NumberOne
Trying to conceive (TTC)
New BnB Member

Positive OPK two days apart?? HELP!!

Hi everyone! Im new to this whole posting online thing - so bare with me while I figure things out :happy dance:

My husband and I have been TTC number one for 2.5 years now. We had our first IUI in october, resulted in pregnancy, but sadly lost the baby in a miscarriage late December

So here we are five months later - and Im ready to finally try again. I had my ultrasound on may 3rd- cycle day 11. One follicle was 16mm had a few smaller ones but this little follie was the winner. Dr said it would easily hit 18-20mm by the time ovulation rolled around.

I got the smiley face on my OPK the very next morning. I called the office and they scheduled my iui for the next day (yesterday saturday morning).
FRIDAY OPK positive in morning
negative afternoon
positive at evening

SATURDAY OPK - negative morning & afternoon

SUNDAY OPK - POSITIVE 8am, 12pm and again at 3 just now.

WHAT IS HAPPENING TO ME ???

Can someone please explain why this would happen? Now I am afraid that we did the iui to early and we should really do another one tomorrow morning. UGH Can anyone shed some light on this for me???

Please...... Anyone???

Old May 6th, 2012, 17:27 PM   2
AS116
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

The only thing I could thing of is that your body was gearing up for ovulation, didn't for whatever reason, and tried again a couple days later - hence the two positives 2 days apart. Do you temp?

Old May 6th, 2012, 17:45 PM   3
TTC_NumberOne
Trying to conceive (TTC)
New BnB Member

I dont temp. Im usually pretty spot on when I know ovulation comes. I usually have cramping for two days - but in this case its been 4.....

Old May 6th, 2012, 18:34 PM   4
AS116
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

Do you have PCOS? From what I've read that can give irregular positives/negatives. I would call your doctor tomorrow and explain you had on and off positives. Are you doing a digital test or the strips?

Old May 6th, 2012, 19:23 PM   5
TTC_NumberOne
Trying to conceive (TTC)
New BnB Member

No PCOS. Usually very regular like clockwork. Using digital opk - the smiley face one

Old May 6th, 2012, 19:40 PM   6
AS116
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

Hmm, I would guess that you just didn't ovulate the first time. Good luck though!

Old May 6th, 2012, 23:30 PM   7
TTC_NumberOne
Trying to conceive (TTC)
New BnB Member

Just makes no sense! thanks for the reply though!!!

SEO by vBSEO