Forum Rules

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old May 7th, 2012, 10:37 AM   1
doggylover
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict

Desperately ttc...could use some support

Hi ladies

This isn't my first time on baby and bump but I have moved here from the miscarriage forum.

My oh and I have been ttc since September. I have very irregular cycles and we were thrilled when I got a bfp in January, but I miscarried the next week. It's been pretty hellish but we both decided we wanted to ttc straight away again. Since January I have only had 2 cycles and am midway through my third, with no luck yet.

I have been using opk which is how we conceived so quickly before Christmas, but now i have started using bbt as well. I'm not 100% sure if I am doing this correctly- but I'm hoping with opk we will get some pretty accurate ideas of when I am ovulating.

I am worried something is wrong, which I know is irrational as I was pregnant before and the doctors were happy that my miscarriage was pretty straightforward. However as I'm sure you all know- no matter what anyone says I just feel so desolate. I know myself I am becoming obsessed and I just feel so down all the time. I think I am coming into my fertile window in the next few days and am just so terrified of my af arriving in two weeks time.

Anybody else in similar boat?? Any words of advice on how to continue without falling apart would be gratefully received! Good luck to everyone else who is ttc.

Old May 7th, 2012, 12:27 PM   2
chicky160
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict

Hiya hun I'm so sorry about your mc I've never had one so cant even imagine how that must feel. I can however offer advice and support its still early days it will happen again, and all this sadness will seem a distant memory as for temping, the basics are make sure you have at least 3 hrs of good solid sleep, take temp at the same time each day before moving, talking etc. and it really helps to join one of the sites for charting, I and lots of others here use fertility friend it's quite simple just take temp, input data, and it will pretty much work out ov for you. Remember the actual temps aren't important it's the pattern that counts, and it won't show you ov until after when you have a sustained raise in temps. But it will confirm ov and should you need it be a good tool should you need to see a dr about ttc. Hope this helps and makes sense.

Xxx

Old May 7th, 2012, 15:00 PM   3
doggylover
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict

Thank you so much for that info, it was really helpful. I will definitely join a charting site to help me figure it all out. I was sent a paper chart with my bbt thermometer, but the figures on it only go up to 36.7c and all my temps so far have been above this so it is useless!

Fingers crossed for your bfp soon x

Old May 7th, 2012, 15:13 PM   4
chicky160
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by doggylover View Post
Thank you so much for that info, it was really helpful. I will definitely join a charting site to help me figure it all out. I was sent a paper chart with my bbt thermometer, but the figures on it only go up to 36.7c and all my temps so far have been above this so it is useless!

Fingers crossed for your bfp soon x

Your very welcome and I fin paper charts a nightmare unless you know how to read them, if you do join remember to add your chart to your signature so all us chart stalkers can stalk you! x

SEO by vBSEO