Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Nov 12th, 2012, 05:32 AM   41
Briss
Trying to conceive (TTC)
BnB Addict
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: London
Posts: 4,261
I have to say I do not really know a lot about Chinese medicine so terminology is confusing. I tried yoga but could not stick with it, was not sure I was doing it right but I guess I do need to do some kind of exercise to help with blood/energy flow and also shift some weight. Over the years I have been gradually putting on more and more and moving from size 6 to 12, not a good thing. I also added 2 extra kg since July after I quitted coffee (and replaced it with even more chocolate)



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Nov 12th, 2012, 05:54 AM   42
Blythe
Mum (Mom)
Chat Happy BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: London
Posts: 1,707
Quote:
Originally Posted by Briss View Post
I have to say I do not really know a lot about Chinese medicine so terminology is confusing. I tried yoga but could not stick with it, was not sure I was doing it right but I guess I do need to do some kind of exercise to help with blood/energy flow and also shift some weight. Over the years I have been gradually putting on more and more and moving from size 6 to 12, not a good thing. I also added 2 extra kg since July after I quitted coffee (and replaced it with even more chocolate)


yeah i kind of put my exercise on hold as for two weeks of every month i was worried about jumping around and maybe dislodging egg so i too have been popping of a few pounds to the point where i have to readjust my jeans at the front when sitting down to accommodate my tummy. its not even mid day and i have already eaten two cakes...oh dear! went out earlier and brought lots of soup to take into work for the rest of the week and will need to keep off the chocolate as i have to remind myself it also contains caffeine. I do allow myself two cups of normal tea per day.



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Nov 12th, 2012, 06:06 AM   43
Briss
Trying to conceive (TTC)
BnB Addict
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: London
Posts: 4,261
I have been off exercise since we started TTC which is well over 2 years exactly for that reason, I used to care about how I looked now I just want to my body to be pregnancy friendly that's all. I am still not even close to being overweight so nothing to worry about although DH is making various comments about me looking as if I was pregnant maybe before O I could take up running again. Does Chinese medicine say anything about sport?



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Nov 12th, 2012, 06:18 AM   44
Blythe
Mum (Mom)
Chat Happy BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: London
Posts: 1,707
Quote:
Originally Posted by Briss View Post
I have been off exercise since we started TTC which is well over 2 years exactly for that reason, I used to care about how I looked now I just want to my body to be pregnancy friendly that's all. I am still not even close to being overweight so nothing to worry about although DH is making various comments about me looking as if I was pregnant maybe before O I could take up running again. Does Chinese medicine say anything about sport?
exercise advise is dependent upon your condition - but generally exercise is encouraged so that it leaves you energised but not exhausted. don't exercise in short, intense bursts (i used to like combat classes/spinning etc which is out) and avoid over-exercising - 30 mins 3 times per week so standard advise really.....so, try to avoid any strenuous exercise particularly during period. a good old fast paced walk/light jog around the block to move the blood around on a daily basis should do the trick and a nice daily stretch too. Post ovulation i avoid any proper full on exercise inc. jogging.....but try and do something which gets the blood circulating - more blood to uterus which is what i hope the pineapple is going to help with - when are you going to finish with the pineapple?



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Nov 12th, 2012, 06:50 AM   45
Briss
Trying to conceive (TTC)
BnB Addict
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: London
Posts: 4,261
I still have 3 pineapples to go through so another 6 days which will bring me to 10DPO. Somehow I just do not think I will get pregnant this cycle I still hope but it does not feel like that so may as well eat pineapples all I want… I am still contemplating whether I should test on Saturday morning before going for acu, I am slightly concerned about electric currents going through the needles on my belly.

jogging before O sounds like a plan for the next cycle. Something to look forward to.



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Nov 12th, 2012, 07:26 AM   46
Blythe
Mum (Mom)
Chat Happy BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: London
Posts: 1,707
Quote:
Originally Posted by Briss View Post
I still have 3 pineapples to go through so another 6 days which will bring me to 10DPO. Somehow I just do not think I will get pregnant this cycle I still hope but it does not feel like that so may as well eat pineapples all I want… I am still contemplating whether I should test on Saturday morning before going for acu, I am slightly concerned about electric currents going through the needles on my belly.

jogging before O sounds like a plan for the next cycle. Something to look forward to.
i would be a bit dubious too but so long as she knows you are in post ov phase I'm sure she knows exactly what she is doing - maybe it helps with implantation perhaps.....i feel totally the same as usual so doubt its my cycle but you never know...i suppose preg symptoms are very rare before implantation so i won't start symptom obsessing until thursday at least....I have no doubt we will both get pregnant so feeling positive about it in the long run



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Nov 12th, 2012, 10:08 AM   47
MalaMae
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Toronto, Canada & Skopje,R. Macedonia
Posts: 275
Blythe, thanks for the research!
Just be carefull what herbs you are taking because some of them can cause misscariage. We think they are harmless, like parsley, but in fact in unwanted pregnancieswomen are encouraged to drink/eat these herbs to miscarry naturally.
There are other herbs as well. Check these websites:
http://voices.yahoo.com/natural-abor...bs-459057.html
http://www.92024.com/herbsnpregnancy.htm



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Nov 12th, 2012, 10:18 AM   48
Blythe
Mum (Mom)
Chat Happy BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: London
Posts: 1,707
Quote:
Originally Posted by MalaMae View Post
Blythe, thanks for the research!
Just be carefull what herbs you are taking because some of them can cause misscariage. We think they are harmless, like parsley, but in fact in unwanted pregnancieswomen are encouraged to drink/eat these herbs to miscarry naturally.
There are other herbs as well. Check these websites:
http://voices.yahoo.com/natural-abor...bs-459057.html
http://www.92024.com/herbsnpregnancy.htm
yes you are right and i would never suggest anyone take any herbs unless prescribed by someone who is authorised to do so....i cannot remember why i was taking dong quai but i was and that is when i (unexpectedly) became pregnant with my first (unexpectedly because i had given up on it happening) - i know that this herb must be used with care to as it can bring on bleeding - good if you have long cycles but i would imagine not so good in the first few weeks of pregnancy, for some at least. interesting about parsley - never knew that - thanks for links will check out now



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Nov 12th, 2012, 12:16 PM   49
MalaMae
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Toronto, Canada & Skopje,R. Macedonia
Posts: 275
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blythe View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MalaMae View Post
Blythe, thanks for the research!
Just be carefull what herbs you are taking because some of them can cause misscariage. We think they are harmless, like parsley, but in fact in unwanted pregnancieswomen are encouraged to drink/eat these herbs to miscarry naturally.
There are other herbs as well. Check these websites:
http://voices.yahoo.com/natural-abor...bs-459057.html
http://www.92024.com/herbsnpregnancy.htm
yes you are right and i would never suggest anyone take any herbs unless prescribed by someone who is authorised to do so....i cannot remember why i was taking dong quai but i was and that is when i (unexpectedly) became pregnant with my first (unexpectedly because i had given up on it happening) - i know that this herb must be used with care to as it can bring on bleeding - good if you have long cycles but i would imagine not so good in the first few weeks of pregnancy, for some at least. interesting about parsley - never knew that - thanks for links will check out now
I made that mistake taking Dong Quai without consulting first and messed up my ovulation timing. Apparently it shouldn't have done that, but I guess my body was too sensitive

When I read about the herbs for the first time, I freaked out and my DH found it amusing and said: "Why don't you just stop eating completely?"
Now I'm scared to have any tea after ovulation



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Nov 12th, 2012, 12:30 PM   50
Blythe
Mum (Mom)
Chat Happy BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: London
Posts: 1,707
Quote:
Originally Posted by MalaMae View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blythe View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MalaMae View Post
Blythe, thanks for the research!
Just be carefull what herbs you are taking because some of them can cause misscariage. We think they are harmless, like parsley, but in fact in unwanted pregnancieswomen are encouraged to drink/eat these herbs to miscarry naturally.
There are other herbs as well. Check these websites:
http://voices.yahoo.com/natural-abor...bs-459057.html
http://www.92024.com/herbsnpregnancy.htm
yes you are right and i would never suggest anyone take any herbs unless prescribed by someone who is authorised to do so....i cannot remember why i was taking dong quai but i was and that is when i (unexpectedly) became pregnant with my first (unexpectedly because i had given up on it happening) - i know that this herb must be used with care to as it can bring on bleeding - good if you have long cycles but i would imagine not so good in the first few weeks of pregnancy, for some at least. interesting about parsley - never knew that - thanks for links will check out now
I made that mistake taking Dong Quai without consulting first and messed up my ovulation timing. Apparently it shouldn't have done that, but I guess my body was too sensitive

When I read about the herbs for the first time, I freaked out and my DH found it amusing and said: "Why don't you just stop eating completely?"
Now I'm scared to have any tea after ovulation


I know it's worrying isn't it.....blimey there's loads on those lists including the pineapple I'm eating at the mo although intend to finish in a few days....I have been drinking ginger tea as I hope it is warming but not sure about that now....gotta have a cuppa during the day



 
Status: Offline
 

SEO by vBSEO