LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 16:51 PM   1
Paula08049
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

Help with opk

I just ordered 25 ovulation prediction strips and I have never used them before. I'm wondering how long after my period I should start using them....any help at all would be great!!

Old Jan 21st, 2013, 17:03 PM   2
twiggers
AutoSignup (SAAB)
Active BnB Member

I'm new to this too, but I've read anywhere between CD6-10.

Old Feb 1st, 2013, 17:07 PM   3
Aeropanda
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

what I found

I too have been using OPK's this month. I googled when to start testing, and used the fertility plus website to get an idea. Of course, because I don't chart or temp, I started early, but this helped me get an idea. Hope this helps!

Old Feb 2nd, 2013, 04:23 AM   4
Lady H
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict

If its first time and you are not sure when you ovulate I'd start on CD6 initially. You should get some guidance instructions with the strips when they arrive. I tended to test at 6pm then twice a day nearer my ovulation day. I would pretty much get a second line from early on, and honestly rarely caught a really dark second line. I've posted a pic of what my progression looked like if it helps. Good luck!

Old Feb 2nd, 2013, 10:51 AM   5
pbl_ge
Other
BnB Addict

It totally depends on how long your cycles are. If you expect normal (or longer) cycles, they say to start CD 9/10, with an average O date of CD14. If your cycles are longer, then that would be a lot of sticks wasted!

Old Feb 3rd, 2013, 09:33 AM   6
Paula08049
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady H View Post
If its first time and you are not sure when you ovulate I'd start on CD6 initially. You should get some guidance instructions with the strips when they arrive. I tended to test at 6pm then twice a day nearer my ovulation day. I would pretty much get a second line from early on, and honestly rarely caught a really dark second line. I've posted a pic of what my progression looked like if it helps. Good luck!

Thank you so much Lady H! This helps tons! The instructions were very vague and I wasn't sure if I should be testing multiple times a day or not. The only thing I really knew was not to use fmu. Thanks again! Congrats on your BFP!