LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jan 27th, 2013, 00:34 AM   1
vkj73
Mum (Mom)
Chat Happy BnB Member

almost 40 and irregular perionds

the title says it all

i'm thinking my irregular periods are the main culprit to our ttc#2 issues.
my last few cycles have been:
39 days, 29 days, 38 days, 30 days (this is the most recent).
although i know soon-to-be 40 doesn't help.

i started taking vitex this last month, so i'm hoping it helped to shorten my cycle, but it's hard to say since two cycles ago it was 29 days.

my cycles before getting pg with our first were:
35, 38, 36, 36. so not as much of a range as now.

i would love to hear any success stories, advice, natural remedies you've heard about or have tried.

i have done acupuncture off and on since june 2012, but no luck yet. also, nettles/raspberry tea and just bought coq10 today.

i'm also using the cbfm, which worked like a charm the first time around, but now, not so much.

i'm hesitantly willing to try clomid, but would really like to get a bfp naturally.

thanks ladies.

Old Jan 27th, 2013, 01:55 AM   2
Kismet
Trying to conceive (TTC)
BnB Addict

Vitex can take 3 cycles to fully kick in, and it can cause some irregularity in the interim, so don't get discouraged. I haven't quite made it to the end of my third cycle with it, but it's definitely helping! I have more Ewcm and I am ovulating, or at least my body is trying to, earlier.

Good luck! I hope you get your BFP soon.

Old Jan 27th, 2013, 08:23 AM   3
charm2mama
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

Do you know if you are ovulating regularly. My cycles are also irregular ranging from something like 30-40 days. I've started temping and now on my second cycle to see if I am ovulating. I think that even if your periods are irregular, if you ovulate you should be fine. I've read that fertility meds like clomid are beneficial only if you are not ovulating...so I was a little discouraged about it. But then some ladies in another TTC forum told me that even if you do ovulate, clomid may still help to improve egg quality...I dont' know tho.

If you have been trying for over 6months, it might be a good to visit a OB or FS to see if everything checks out. They will of course encourage you to do fertility treatments but you can see if your hormone balance checks out and your husband's sperm quality is OK. More knowledge about your fertility will give you a better idea of how you should proceed I think. Although it is a little bit scary...Good luck hun.

Old Jan 27th, 2013, 11:59 AM   4
vkj73
Mum (Mom)
Chat Happy BnB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by charm2mama View Post
Do you know if you are ovulating regularly. My cycles are also irregular ranging from something like 30-40 days. I've started temping and now on my second cycle to see if I am ovulating. I think that even if your periods are irregular, if you ovulate you should be fine. I've read that fertility meds like clomid are beneficial only if you are not ovulating...so I was a little discouraged about it. But then some ladies in another TTC forum told me that even if you do ovulate, clomid may still help to improve egg quality...I dont' know tho.

If you have been trying for over 6months, it might be a good to visit a OB or FS to see if everything checks out. They will of course encourage you to do fertility treatments but you can see if your hormone balance checks out and your husband's sperm quality is OK. More knowledge about your fertility will give you a better idea of how you should proceed I think. Although it is a little bit scary...Good luck hun.
Both DH and I have been checked out. So far, everything looks good.
I actually got a peak on the cbfm the same day the FS was able to show me I had, or was about to ov.
I'm on cd2, so ready to try again naturally and go from there.
Thanks for the reply