LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Feb 4th, 2013, 13:12 PM   1
Bedtimebear
Trying to conceive (TTC)
New BnB member

Ovulation test kit issues

I just wanted to share this to help others that may have experienced a similar thing:

Following my miscarriage in November 2012 I decided to try using the clearblue digital ovulation sticks as I'm over 35 and want all the help I can get!
For 2 months I used them as instructed with the first urine of the day and I had not one smiley face to say that I had my LH surge just empty circles.

So I got myself a clearblue fertility monitor from eBay (40 as opposed to 100 new!) and used that this month. Low and behold it showed me that my cycle has returned to normal and that I had an LH surge and am indeed fertile! Relief doesn't even cover it as I had started to think tht I was broken!

I wanted to share this so that other people don't have to worry like I did

Old Feb 4th, 2013, 13:21 PM   2
jem77
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member

I never have luck with OPK's. Never get a real positive. ot sure if I give up too easily or what. Maybe next month I wil try a monitor.
I know exactly what you are saying about feeling broken. I have felt that way since my MC too. I am also over 35 and I feel like I need to get a BFP now!
Good luck to you!

Old Feb 7th, 2013, 16:47 PM   3
rach.jay
Other
Active BnB Member

I got pregnant on my first cycle with CB digi OPK. We had been trying for six months before that. Unfortunately I miscarried but I have my next pack ready for #2. I am currently on day 8 after my mc so I don't know if i will ov on this cycle or have to wait a bit longer. I will keep you updated with my OPK results!

Old Feb 7th, 2013, 17:36 PM   4
Pippi_elk
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

From what I have read the LH hormone is produced from 10am-8pm. i thought it peaks around lunch time so maybe fmu may not have a high enough concentration?
I usually test at after lunch or at 8 or 9 in the evening....

Old Feb 16th, 2013, 13:51 PM   5
rach.jay
Other
Active BnB Member

Update, got a +ve OPK today, 16 days after mc. I don't know why CB say use fmu as it has only worked for me in the afternoon. If you get your surge that day, it won't show up in the urine for at least 4 hours so you might miss it with fmu. Clearblue need to address their instructions.