LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Feb 4th, 2013, 20:18 PM   1
kismett
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

Pregnant or perimenapausal ???

I am not really ttc I kinda gave up a few months ago but in the back of my mind every month I still wonder if this is the month...lol... I am 42 and the past several months my periods have become a little erratic I am normally 30 days never late never early I could even pin point the hour it would come! The past months though it comes 2 days early 5 days late and it isn't lasting the 5 days last month my af only lasted 2 days tops and hardly anything on pad jus when I wiped... So now I am 2 days late and wondering am I just getting ready for menapause? This month does feel a bit different like normally after ov my boobs gets super sore till a few days before af this month nothing!!! And all 3 of my pregnancy I never had sore bbs ... Also usually after ov I am dry till right before af when I get watery cm this month it has been a lot of cm all different types. ... I got hemroids a few days ago haven't had that since last pregnancy ... And my nose is stuffy but more like a swollen stuffy nothing helps! And I started getting Charlie horses in my calves .... So I am wondering are these perimenapause or pregancy or just old lady body changes? I am not moody ( by now I should have ripped my husbands head off at least twice by now!) I don't notice any smells, no nausea but my nipples have been really sore off and on more on though but I noticed what appears to be varicose veins on my nipples and that is where the pain comes from now that scared me! Hemroids and varicose veins what next depends!?!
Any help would be appreciated I took 4 tests about a week and more ago the 2 blue came up positive but on the time limit borderline and the pink tests ummm hard to say I thought I saw a faint line but it wasn't fmu and I figured it was my imagination... Ok thanks!

Old Feb 5th, 2013, 11:26 AM   2
gardeninggirl
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

It could be but there really is no way to tell. Maybe you should check with your doctor to be 100% sure.

Annoying stuff, right? Hope you get everything figured out.

Old Feb 5th, 2013, 18:53 PM   3
kismett
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

I did call the doctor but I have to wait till next month for the appt. so u was just hoping someone that has been through some I the same symptoms might shed some light in their experience and outcome .... Yes it is all annoying stuff don't remember going through this 10 years ago makes me dred what lies ahead!

Old Feb 6th, 2013, 07:54 AM   4
Eve2012
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member

Hi kismet

Before I took a pregnancy test I had the CM that was all different. There was no rhyme or reason to it. And new veins began appearing on the inside of my wrists then on my breasts. I also got dizzy.

My periods got longer when I began ttc. They went from 26 days to 29 days. And the period I had before my BFP was half as short and different from any period that I had in recent memory. I had the stuffy nose too and still do. I was also getting numbness in my hips and odd second long shooting pains in my bikini line area deep inside before getting the BFP.

I turn 40 two months after baby is due. This is my first so I have nothing to compare too. But many of the symptoms you are talking about I had.

Try Neil Med saline rinse for your nose. It's helping me breath easier these days. Hope you are well!

Old Feb 6th, 2013, 17:00 PM   5
kismett
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

Oh my gosh thank you I was starting to second guess myself!! I have been getting numb and pins and needles hands when I wake up that started about a week ago do u get that?? My hips are numb every morning now when I wake and they hurt to walk first thing in the morning to.... I hear a lot of women say they are peeing more but I don't really have that I mean its weird in the 2 ww I always owe more often but now I just know when I have to pee it is urgent and and uncomfortable.... I am scared to test to scared to see that dreaded bfn but I think also scared to see a bfp ... I am more terrified than scared and I am not quite sure how to handle either so I feel the longer I wait to test the longer I can take to figure out which scares me more .. I don't know I just figured I couldn't get pregnant this old so ttc seemed harmless to try... Not smart!!!

Old Feb 7th, 2013, 10:09 AM   6
Eve2012
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member

I'd take a test Kismett to find out for sure or go visit your doctor.

I didn't have the urgency to pee during the TWW and still don't have it unless i drink a copious amount of liquids. I was waking up in the middle of the night though to pee which was odd for me during the TWW as I'd normally not wake up during the night. I have a retroverted uterus so it tilts backwards towards my bowel and does not sit on top of my bladder. It should flip to forward facing naturally over the next two weeks though by what my doctor says.

Good luck!

Old Feb 7th, 2013, 17:50 PM   7
kismett
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

Well I am going to take a test tomorrow I feel like I already know what the answer is though..... Thanks for the advice..

Old Feb 7th, 2013, 17:53 PM   8
kismett
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

Oh and congrats on your pregnancy! Happy and healthy blessing for u and ur mini u...

Old Feb 8th, 2013, 14:11 PM   9
kismett
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

Well with fmu I got a bfp ... Then a few hours later I got a faint positive but it took longer to show up but with most of my pregnancy's I would be at least a week late before I would get a bfp on a poas test.... Actually the olden days tests where it looked like a science experiment and the beaker water would turn pink if pregnant those are the only ones that showed as early as the time af was due... So I am 100% it is a bfp and as terrified as I was I am now starting to adjust and looking forward to it but I still get these panic attacks of terror that lasts only a few minutes to.... I am glad that I took the test so I can face it I know there r women that would kill to be in my shoes and I understand that but the thing is I am 42 I lost twins 5 years ago at 2 months and lost 1 tube my second tube is badly scarred up and getting pregnant was my obsession back then ... Now I am older and scared that my body is being put through to much and the risks to a baby at my age are also higher so all these things are running through my head all day and night and the terror has out weighed the excitement because of all the negatives....
So not sure what is in store for me next but I think I am going to start an online diary to help clear my head and have it to look back on...
EVE2012 thank you for all your input you were really a great help!!!

Old Feb 8th, 2013, 14:29 PM   10
wannabubba#4
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict

Congrats Kismet -hope all is well with you and little bean -loads of sticky dust for you xxxx
Funnily enough came on to say i had the same question a few weeks ago; pg or peri lol -late period, usually very regular too; heaviness in pelvis and shooting pains down my thighs (spd previous pregnancy and felt the same) but bfn for me haha - i am not ttc but would love to be lol; and have an IUD inserted so wasnt much chance of being pg but still ... the symptoms were there -thought maybe I was perimenopausal but my doctor said no -too young; but then it does happen young too -I am 40 this year lol ( so young yeah haha )

That's all by-the-by now cos you are pregnant yay!!! All the best, hope you have a fab pregnancy labour and birth xxx