LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Apr 27th, 2013, 00:36 AM   1
SMBC33
Waiting To Try (WTT)
Active BnB Member

Introductory and flexible spending question

Hi! I'm currently 33 will be 34 in a month. I am currently in the planning stages of trying to conceive. I will be a single mother by choice with an EXTREMELY supportive family. I want to start TTC in April of 2014 in which case if I'm able to conceive I will be 35 during the pregnancy. I have hypothyroid, irregular periods, and very bad cramps during AF that has me concerned about other issues that might hinder conception. I am seeing an RE in a couple weeks to start pre-testing to make sure that I am able to do all that is possible before next year as I can to get my body prepared and my ovaries doing what they need to be doing for a hopefully successful IUI. Hopefully you guys don't mind if I join this group. I'm a little bit anal, obsessive as well as really excited about starting that I'm really immersing myself and planning. I joke all the planning in the world does not ensure successful conception, but I'm stubborn and persistent. I've also got a really big heart and refuse to wait any longer for Mr Right to come along to start a family. I'm at an age right now where I really need to think about my future and if a husband is not in it, so be it. Anyway, for the next portion of my question...does anyone have experience using flexible spending for treatment? I, of course, will call them to make sure, but would love to hear experiences using this for possible injections and the IUI itself. My insurance will cover 3 IUI/IVF treatments but only after a year of not being able to conceive naturally. This is perplexing as I do not have a partner to try the year of conceiving with. Hoping that they will accept seeing the RE for a year as the requirement, but not counting on it. This is where flexible spending comes in. I would love to use it to supplement what I am able to save with the FSA. Any help is really appreciated and really sorry for the rambling!

Old Apr 27th, 2013, 07:43 AM   2
Sis4Us
Trying to conceive (TTC)
BnB Addict

Cudoos to U for being a strong woman willing to take EVERYTHING in your Hands!!!

I'm not sure about the FSA as I never use it w my insurance(bcbstx).... But I too am Hypo. Finally started my Armour 3wks Ago and Cortisol a wk ago waiting to start my Progesterone after I ovulate!!! Haven't gotten a +OPK but did get a temp spike (long story check out my other post)

I'm not sure where u r in the states and what kind of treatment u are getting for your Hypo. I would suggest using Dessicated thyroid and Natrual hormones(Bioidentical)
I recently ward off all Synthetic meds and only use Natural now and my body thanks me for it!!!!
If u are on thyroid meds and still HAVIN heavy periods u might be lackin in Progesterone (common for us Hypos)
Ur Dr can do a CD3 and CD21 blood panel to check ur levels and give u a Lil more insight!!!

GL!!!!

Old Apr 27th, 2013, 08:22 AM   3
SMBC33
Waiting To Try (WTT)
Active BnB Member

Thanks so much!!! That's great information!! I had never heard that and it's definitely great to know

Old May 3rd, 2013, 14:14 PM   4
gingmg
Pregnant (Expecting)
Chat Happy BnB Member

Hi,
I do IUIs at a clinic with donor sperm, I married a woman. Yes, you can use FSA money to pay for cycles, you just have to submit an itemized receipt after. And yes all those cycles will count towards your year of trying. Once you are 35 its only 6 months. I will be 35 in a couple of months and we are in our 6th month of trying. If we stopped for a few months it would all be covered once I am 35, except for the sperm of coarse, which is the expensive part. Hope this helps.