LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jun 11th, 2013, 11:27 AM   1
gardeninggirl
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

Infertility and Gluten

My DH and I have been married for almost four years and sexually active for 5 1/2. I am not on BC and we have always used the pull-out method. It's honestly amazing I never accidently got pregnant.

Three years ago I figured out I have an intolerance to gluten. I may very well have celiac diesease but do not want to pay for the testing to find out I can't eat gluten when I can just eliminate it myself. Today I have been doing some research on gluten intolerance and ran across tons of information on infertility and gluten. They are definitely linked. Mmmmm, maybe that is why DH and I haven't gotten pregnant. I have just now stopped cheating on gluten so let's see if something changes.

If you are having trouble conceiving you might want to take a look at your diet and do a little research on this. It might just be the answer to your prayers.

Old Jun 11th, 2013, 17:02 PM   2
Hope3
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

I was just thinking about this today. I had read about cutting out gluten a while ago in the Baby Making Bible but to be honest I found it hard to cut it out. I also found that special gluten free products just didn't taste nice.

In the last few days I thought I'd give it another go after someone I know said that they felt great after cutting out gluten for a week.

I've been almost gluten free for the last 4 days apart from some biscuits.

Old Jun 12th, 2013, 07:09 AM   3
gardeninggirl
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

I don't know if it's necessary unless you are intolerant. I was having horrible gastro problems until I cut it out. Anytime I eat gluten they come back. It is really hard to cut it out. Luckily I have found the products that I like so it's not so bad.

Old Jun 14th, 2013, 12:03 PM   4
littlepeps
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

The gluten inflames your digestive track .. and is this that stops you absorbing nutrients which are essential for conception.

I was very low in Vit D and calcium and magnesium and this was the cause so I went gluten free ... and Ive lost weight aswell

Old Jun 14th, 2013, 17:08 PM   5
Hope3
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

Interesting. Last year a blood test showed that I was borderline vit d deficient.

Old Jul 23rd, 2013, 07:03 AM   6
Dogtanian
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member

when i was TTC my first i discovered i was gluten intolerant,about 4 months into TTC,i totally removed all gluten from my diet,OH is also gluten intolerant and had been gluten free for a year before TTC.After about 2-3 months i got pregnant,and i have a feeling this made a difference.My little girl is 18 months and never been ill a day in her life.I really believe that if gluten doesnt agree with you,it should be removed from your diet

Old Aug 6th, 2013, 17:07 PM   7
Hope39
Pregnant (Expecting)
BnB Addict

Gluten is really bad horrible stuff!!!! It's a trigger food for most auto immune diseases and should not be given to autistic children!

I have auto immune thyroid disease, researched how to reduce them and the only thing I found was gluten free, so that's what I did.

What a result, my antibodies reduced by half and I lost 2 stone

Xx
Xx

Old Aug 6th, 2013, 17:11 PM   8
Hope39
Pregnant (Expecting)
BnB Addict

http://www.naturalfertilityandwellne...f-infertility/

Listen to the chat show link with Dr Tom O Bryan, really good
Doctor and knows his stuff. I've spent hours listening to him and the affect gluten has on so many things, I.e autism, miscarriages, infertility, auto immune disease

It's vile stuff and should be banned!!

Old Aug 6th, 2013, 17:11 PM   9
Hope39
Pregnant (Expecting)
BnB Addict

http://www.naturalfertilityandwellne...f-infertility/

Listen to the chat show link with Dr Tom O Bryan, really good
Doctor and knows his stuff. I've spent hours listening to him and the affect gluten has on so many things, I.e autism, miscarriages, infertility, auto immune disease

It's vile stuff and should be banned!!

Old Aug 8th, 2013, 07:56 AM   10
e_miso
Trying to conceive (TTC)
New BnB member

alternatives to gluten

My DH and I are trying to cut out gluten completely. It's not as hard as I thought but it must be done gradually to be successful. I use lots of oats and make my own granola that he snacks on. I also prepare basmati rice or potatoes, sweet potatoes.

Proper diet is crucial to conception.

SEO by vBSEO