LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jul 5th, 2013, 14:07 PM   11
Emmi
Mum (Mom)
Chat Happy BnB Member

Hee hee - you made ma laugh! It's people with children that come out with such stupid rubbish!!

I have laid down the law with hubby - go over there at the weekend and tell her to mind her own business etc.....It's just causing an extra stress and I am just not interested!

The chance of ICSI is lifting a fog that has surrounded me for a few months now - possibly depression with the lack of conception and we just don't need any negativity!

Anyway - lots of sprinkling of baby dust to everyone

Old Jul 5th, 2013, 14:27 PM   12
Emmi
Mum (Mom)
Chat Happy BnB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juniperjules View Post
Hi Girls, I'm 39 in December & were ttc our first baby too. I've never been pregnant at all. So Kat, I think you said it very nicely, there are lots of threads in here for talking about lots of things- and each thread has its place. It is quite different to be our age & never have had any children & wanting some support from other girls who get it. I totally understand that ttc is hard work & painful for girls who might b trying for number 2. But for us, (and I'm not trying to be a downer), but the reality is that we worry about the chance of NEVER getting the opportunity to be a mum, & what impact that will have on our relationships, lives, families etc. it can change the whole course of ur life. My OH is an only child, so his mother is desperate for us to have a baby, my parents only have me & my sister, if I don't have a baby it affects them too. There are many things that are different if you don't have even 1 child yet.

So I agree Kat, it's good to be chatting to like minded girls about it all. And there's loads of threads in here, room for everyone!
This really sums it up oh so well! Thank you Juniper!

Old Jul 5th, 2013, 20:56 PM   13
BabyHopes1974
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Chat Happy BnB Member

Kat s: just want to say good luck for your iui!

Old Jul 10th, 2013, 20:24 PM   14
Peacenik
On a break (TTC)
Active BnB Member

Hi all, I'm 40, ttc #1. Got my first BFP in Jan. and had surgery for the ectopic at the end of Feb. And yes, I agree, that sometimes it's hard to read about everyone's other children. We're just sort of hoping that since we got one BFP after about 8 months of not trying/not preventing that it will happen again and be in the right place.

Old Jul 10th, 2013, 22:03 PM   15
Kat S
Other
Chat Happy BnB Member

Peacenik, welcome! I'm so sorry for your loss (I lost my first in January, so I'm with you.) Sending your way!!

Emmi, how did the talk with SIL go? All better now?

I'm 4 dpiui today. I have no symptoms post iui, which is weird. With the last 5 IUIs, I had cramping from the day of the IUI to anywhere from 6-10 dpiui. I can only hope that this change is a good sign. I should know on Tuesday if 6th time was the charm.

Old Jul 11th, 2013, 02:27 AM   16
Juniperjules
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

Good luck Kat! Got everything crossed for you!!

Quick question! When u have IUI there's no anaesthetic or anything right?? So ur wide awake? Did u feel any discomfort having the IUI?

I ask bcos I had a HSG last week & everything about it was awful & very painful. Now I'm nervous that If we go down the iui route that ill experience the same pain. In the end the head of radiology had to come in & do it all. My pain came from the speculum firstly.. After 3 different speculums eventually it was managed. Then the pain came from the balloon on the catheter & the iodine solution.. Terrible terrible cramping like I've never felt b4. Bit nervous now that iui could be awful for me as well. Most girls say the HSG was uncomfortable but bearable. Mine was NOT bearable at all & took over an hour.

Old Jul 11th, 2013, 04:49 AM   17
Emmi
Mum (Mom)
Chat Happy BnB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat S View Post
Peacenik, welcome! I'm so sorry for your loss (I lost my first in January, so I'm with you.) Sending your way!!

Emmi, how did the talk with SIL go? All better now?

I'm 4 dpiui today. I have no symptoms post iui, which is weird. With the last 5 IUIs, I had cramping from the day of the IUI to anywhere from 6-10 dpiui. I can only hope that this change is a good sign. I should know on Tuesday if 6th time was the charm.
It's a long story but my sister in law is bit of a nutcase - very strange and has become quite bitter over the years. Hubby spoke to her and it ended in world war 3 but we have just decided not to see her etc......We don't need the hassle and in the bigger scale of things we are facing - she is not important.

Thank you for asking

And good luck to you Honey and everyone else - send lots of baby dust to everyone on her. x

Old Jul 11th, 2013, 07:51 AM   18
Kat S
Other
Chat Happy BnB Member

Juniperjules, no the IUI doesn't hurt! I promise! It feels just like a pap smear exam. The speculum is the worst part (isn't it always?). It only takes a minute and you're done. Very different from the HSG procedure. It's a breeze.

Yikes, 3 speculums? I hope you get someone more experienced for your IUI. I can't imagine having to go through THREE speculums. *hug*

Emmi, I'm glad your family issue was settled, but I'm sorry it was a battle in the first place. No one needs that! Enjoy your peace and quiet while you ttc!

Old Jul 16th, 2013, 06:25 AM   19
Kat S
Other
Chat Happy BnB Member

What a shock. Not pregnant.

You know, I went into this with such high hopes. I knew getting pregnant at 40 was tough, but I thought that with the help of award winning fertility experts and drugs, I'd be pregnant within 6 months. Well, I was I guess, but that hardly counts now does it? Right now I feel cheated. I feel angry. I feel sad. I feel left behind while everyone else gets their happy family. I'm also angry at myself for waiting too long.

I love J to death and we have a wonderful marriage, but right now I feel like we have an incomplete life. Turns out the baby I miscarried was our only chance and she's gone. I never get to know what it feels like to be a mom...to hold my own baby...plan birthday parties...give hugs and kisses...watch them grow...

I'm sorry. I'm just really down right now. I don't know what to do.

Old Jul 16th, 2013, 06:56 AM   20
Juniperjules
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

Oh Kat am so sorry ur not pregnant. It's so hard. I'm having a f*#*#d day myself & wrote a post in another thread basically with the same sentiments you just wrote. That scary feeling of not being 'in the motherhood club' & wondering how life will pan out if we never have a child.

Are you going to keep trying? Is it an option? What does ur FS say about it all?

There's no good words to say Kat. This pain is like no other pain. Don't feel like u have to apologise... We all have bad days where things feel hopeless. You've had a particularly hard time with a loss. It's just downright crap that good people have to live with such pain & loss.

Your not alone honey. We're all here x

SEO by vBSEO