LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jul 22nd, 2013, 13:47 PM   51
Kat S
Other
Chat Happy BnB Member

Briss, yeah, I have to go on birth control in order to shrink the cyst, which is feeding off my high estrogen levels. Talk about going backwards!

Well, at least now I can use the Royal Birth as an excuse to drink as much as I want. Champagne for all!

Old Jul 22nd, 2013, 14:19 PM   52
Emmi
Mum (Mom)
Chat Happy BnB Member

Ahhhh - enjoy the champagne - am desperate for a glass

Old Jul 22nd, 2013, 16:34 PM   53
Briss
Trying to conceive (TTC)
BnB Addict

I also have a cyst but no one told me anything I even had a lap and they left it in said it was too small to be bothered it was about 2 cm but it was a year ago not sure what it looks like now

Old Jul 22nd, 2013, 19:29 PM   54
Kat S
Other
Chat Happy BnB Member

Briss, your cyst was likely reabsorbed by your body a few weeks later.

Old Jul 22nd, 2013, 19:51 PM   55
bash73
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

I was told I had a cyst on my ovary due to the hormones and it should go away, but doc dummy never rechecked...i'm writing in my notes for tomorrow's visit. Thx

Old Jul 22nd, 2013, 20:49 PM   56
Kat S
Other
Chat Happy BnB Member

Good luck, Bash! I'm sure your old cyst is gone I only had to go on BC because my cyst was too big and it appeared was not going to be reabsorbed as usual. I have a paratubal cyst on one side that's there always. It doesn't bother anything, i'm told, and we don't do anything about it.

Old Jul 22nd, 2013, 23:44 PM   57
Juniperjules
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

I'd like to have some bubbly too!! But AF is due in 2 days so better hold off. I make a deal with myself that the first weekend of AF arriving I let myself have a wee drink with my mum on the Friday nite.. Am not a big drinker so usually only 1-3 drinks depending on what it is. That way I feel like I'm drowning my AF sorrows & not depriving myself completely.

Have to get myself back in check a little bit..my eating/snacking hasn't been fab the last few weeks & I feel like I could b putting on weight.. Clothes still fit the same but my mind is telling me I'm eating too much naughty stuff like white potatoes, white bread & choccie biscuits!! It's winter here so the motivation to exercise is very low. I like to bike ride to keep my weight down, but can't be bothered when it's cold or raining. OH wants me to buy a dirt bike so we can go riding the dirt tracks but am trying to b careful with my $$$ at the moment.

I put on about 8 or 9 kilos a few years ago, mostly bcos I was quite depressed for about 12mths after a death in my family... Felt like crap & was miserable in my own skin for years, then lost it all about 2 years ago... So when I feel like I'm putting weight on again it kind of freaks me out a lot!! Need to start being more disciplined again & take control.

Just got a call from the new FS office with an earlier appt!!! 9th August! Yikes!!! Am really nervous now... Crapping myself actually. This woman is known as 'the baby whisperer' here in australia... Am so nervous of what the appointment will be like & what she'll say. I think I'm gonna go by myself first off... Speak with her & get her first impression & then take OH next time. I know this might sound stupid but my OH is very like my father in that he's no good with 'official' people, he starts trying to be funny & make jokes probably bcos he's uncomfortable, but then I get uncomfortable for us both & stressed out!! So i'd prefer to just go to the first appt with all the results I have in tow, see her. Then take him when he's needed. His sperm analysis is fine so he's def not the problem anyway.

Old Jul 23rd, 2013, 06:21 AM   58
Emmi
Mum (Mom)
Chat Happy BnB Member

We have both given up drinking in preparation for IVF/ICSI over the summer...I have been the only one sober on many occasions at the moment!

I know that feeling about knowing that you are eating the right stuff......then you get worried and depressed about it.....I am just very anxious about everything that I get depressed and then eat more - total vicious circle.

Think of the appointment as something positive - and get as much info as possible. Funny you should mention about your other half - my hubby tends to just look like a rabbit in the headlights and not say a thing which is not very helpful!!!!!

Old Jul 23rd, 2013, 09:04 AM   59
Kat S
Other
Chat Happy BnB Member

I've put on a few pounds, too. I think it has to do with the change in crazy hormones. I didn't used to be such a huge snacker. Now I eat all the time! And dealing with my miscarriage the past 6 months hasn't helped, either.

Juniper, your new FS sounds really promising! I hope this is the answer for you!

Old Jul 23rd, 2013, 11:34 AM   60
Briss
Trying to conceive (TTC)
BnB Addict

they first saw the cyst in November 2011, the lap was in April 2012 and it was still there and then another scan in July 2012 and again it was still seating there so I doubt it was absorbed by my body, most likely still there I just hope it is getting smaller. I also have a different type of cysts that come and go, they can be quite large but they disappear in 1-2 cycles.

Juniper, best of luck with your appointment, 'the baby whisperer' – sounds great!

SEO by vBSEO