LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jul 16th, 2017, 20:04 PM   8081
terripeachy
Other
BnB Addict

Congratulations!!!! She's gorgeous!!! I cant believe you moved just in time. Wow wow!!!

Old Jul 16th, 2017, 23:08 PM   8082
Taurus8484
Other
Chat Happy BnB Member

Congratulations Vonn xx Im so so happy for you xx she is gorgeous....

Old Jul 17th, 2017, 03:51 AM   8083
Alleke
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

Congratulations, Vonn! She's beautiful!

Old Jul 17th, 2017, 09:00 AM   8084
Wish2BMom
Pregnant (Expecting)
BnB Addict

AHHHHH VONN!!!! I'm SO HAPPY for you!!! Sailor is GORGEOUS, I love the name and she's just perfect! I hope your BP drops to normal soon. Will they monitor you until it's low enough to go home, I assume? omigosh and you got everything you needed done DONE. Phew!! Oh I am so happy for you - I audibly said 'Vonn!' when I saw your post!

Old Jul 17th, 2017, 09:40 AM   8085
Wish2BMom
Pregnant (Expecting)
BnB Addict

all - yikes, that sounds HORRIBLE!! Do you know what caused it? a bug or bad water or something?

miki - 16 weeks, that's crazy!! I don't think I'll get a doppler (I actually didn't realize they were so small! HA!) as I'll probably drive myself nuts trying to figure out if I'm listening to the same baby each time, or a different one. I need to have more faith in this pregnancy so I'm going to work on that.

terri - glad you're home safe and sound! I agree - biking with a crowd isn't always the safest. Depending on them to pay attention to you and themselves is a lot. I'm glad you and your friend are ok!! When is your next big ride? Do you and DH have any vacation plans this summer? How's the biz going?

rainy - where you at?

msripple - how are you doing? 3rd tri yet? I think so, right?

ttc - good luck on that diet! that sounds crazy!

afm - NT scan tomorrow. I'm oddly not nervous about it. I think I'm finally sinking into relaxation mode. I'm excited to see them again tomorrow, though. Hopefully DH can come. It's been a few weeks for me and he hasn't seen them since the first scan! They should look a bit more like babies tomorrow I think, than the turtles he originally thought they looked like. Or giant-headed aliens.
Overall, still feeling great. Went camping this weekend and told our friends we were with. They were all just as stymied about it being twins as we were! HA! But it was great to let that out and be able to talk about it. Almost all of them have kids, ages ranging from 9 mos to 8 yrs old and another couple who just got married who wants to wait and another singleton who is still figuring out her life. So all walks - and we love them all. I can't wait to tell more people and just let it out! no more secrets!

Old Jul 17th, 2017, 13:04 PM   8086
Rainshiny
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member

Congratulations Vonn!!! Sounds like you're in good hands. Birth plans don't always go the way you imagine - between the surprise induction and the magnesium, it sounds like you both went through an ordeal. Hope you both get to go home soon! I had magnesium too- I pumped around the clock for a while. Breastfeeding (when they were strong enough- mine were 5.5 weeks early) and massage did the trick. A good lactation consultant knows some tricks too! And fenugreek- try fenugreek or some of the other herbs out there, and lactation cookies I'm sure you'll get there!! If you have to use some formula, that's ok too!

So happy for you!!

More later...

Old Jul 17th, 2017, 20:22 PM   8087
Rainshiny
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member

Wish- that's fantastic that u went camping and are feeling great! You're friends sound so fun. Did they all bring their kids? Glad u get to see the turtles weds. Will they be able to see gender? I forget. Do u want to know gender(s)? Any preferences?

Alleke- sounds like a fiasco. Did they figure out what it was? Do u feel better?

I was wondering - do u see signs of the political oppression over there- it sounds wild from here but maybe it's under the radar there.

Terri- yikes, that is scary that u almost had a bike accident. I guess leaving early helps a bit. Glad u had a good time anyway. Yeah, I used to hate people who had just had kids (bnb members excluded of course) and now it's the ones without them im jealous of - in moments... I guess it's poetic justice. Lol...I'm also jealous of people w only one child. I'm a mess! I'll go count my blessings now (and pray that a good nights sleep tonight is one of them).

I read the potty training books and I'm doing it all wrong! You can't do it casually... I put the potties away for now. We will probably try in late September. Girl tot now can jump- very fun. Nothin much else!

Old Jul 17th, 2017, 20:26 PM   8088
Rainshiny
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member

And I'm still so excited that there's a Vonnlette thats joined the world!!! She is adorable.

Old Jul 17th, 2017, 23:00 PM   8089
mikihope
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member

Alleke- Wow, what a horrible experience! I did laugh at your DH’s idea regarding the vial, though. And you lost 10 pounds! You must have been very ill. I hope that you’re feeling much better now.

TTC- Congrats on losing 8 pounds through your determination!

Terri- What a great trip! You must be exhausted, I have no idea how you managed to type all that when you got home! Luckily you got home safe, and that woman didn’t cause an accident with her trike.

Rain- Jumping tot, how adorable!

Wish- How nice that you managed to share your good news with your wonderful friends! Oh yes, now I remember the reason I didn’t suggest the Doppler to you. I was thinking it would be really tough with multiples! I hope your NT scan goes great, and your DH can be present with you to see your twins once again. I’m glad that you’re relaxed about it and looking forward to it. Yup, I’m now headed towards 17 weeks, suddenly that number looks really big!

AFM- I tried taking a photo of my belly and I’m posting it here with apologies... I don’t take selfies and so this isn't a very good photo. I must be doing something wrong, it was so hard to turn sideways and take the photo! Sorry also for the unclean mirror. Anyway, I’m hoping that the bulge around my middle is not only bloat/fat but also the beginnings of an actual baby bump!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg me_16weeks_shrunk.jpg (55.8 KB, 14 views)

Old Jul 18th, 2017, 06:16 AM   8090
terripeachy
Other
BnB Addict

Vonn- I hope you and Sailor can go home today. It must be so frustrating to have your baby but you can't go home. It's best that she's under close scrutiny while you focus on getting your milk in. Hugs!

Rain-sorry the Pty training isn't really working just yet. They'll know when it's time and will probably run to the bathroom! I hope so, anyway.
Oh, I was watching the daily show and they did a segment with interpreters. They were saying it's hard to repeat what the Cheeto sets because a lot of countries don't have the same words so they say something else that didn't sound as pathetic. Instead of 'write, you're in good shape' they would say 'you look well.' it's not the same condescending, old man, creepy, disgusting statement.

Miki- you're so petite. I bet when that belly pops it'll look like a basketball. I think your selfie looks great.

Alleke- are you feeling better now?

No more troops for me for a while. I'm not really sided to take vacation, so I'm stuck to local weekend trips unfortunately. I wanted to go to my family reunion this year but I can't. It's sad but I do have a few client meetings so that's positive. I sure did have fun with my moto girls so that will have to do for now.

SEO by vBSEO