LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Aug 3rd, 2017, 21:29 PM   8151
Wicky78
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member

Bear - I am on my first IUI cycle (medicated), but we did 7 home AI cycles a couple of years ago, before I found out I had a dermoid cyst on my right ovary and uterine polyp in 2014. It took awhile to recover from the surgery to remove those, and then all kinds of wacky things happened in my life to postpone TTC for awhile. Sorry to hear your bfn was so difficult. This group seems like the perfect place to get some support, though!

Taurus - I cannot thank you enough for starting this thread, which has developed into a vibrant community of ladies!

Miki - thank you! I agree that my body feels ready for this now... I'm hoping that some of the things I am currently feeling are not just ovidrel side effects, but I'm trying not to obsess!

Spud and Vonn - yeah, I started at the beginning and felt drawn to join in, but didn't want to just jump in three years into things without knowing some of the history. So I jumped forward to this year and caught up, but I'm still working on the middle parts! I find all the stories so helpful, even the heartbreaking ones. It is a very long thread, but I love the richness of it. I am so glad that there are so many on here who stay, even after they get their BFPs.

Wish - my cousin's daughter just turned 11, and she loves kids, so I am kind of excited to see how she is if (when?) I get my BFP. I love when kids get interested in what's happening and find ways to participate!

TTC - I hope you can hang in there and that you'll get a BFP soon. I remember getting really discouraged from testing and just seeing nothing or wondering if my eyes were playing tricks on me with super faint lines. It is no fun, but it's also so hard not to test!

Hi to the other ladies out there!

AFM, today wasn't nearly as crampy as yesterday, for the most part. I did have a really strong cramp when I was leaving Walgreen's tonight and almost had to stop walking to catch my breath. However, it wasn't very painful, just a lot of pressure, so I think it's still within the "normal" range. In the back of my mind, though, I wondered if it might be implantation, but I don't really trust anything I'm feeling right now, due to the trigger. Ugh... am I really just 2dpIUI?! I never had this many "symptoms" when doing natural cycles, except the one I had my CP, so it's hard not to think something's happening. I want to be hopeful, but I'm afraid I'll just get a BFN and be devastated in a couple of weeks. Do the trigger related symptoms wear off at some point before AF, or is this just the way it's going to be, I wonder... Anyway, all in all, despite the anxiety, today was a pretty good day. I had my annual performance review at work today and it was all very positive, so I can rest easy about that. And my is very happy to have me home tonight, so I think I'll go snuggle with one (we have five) and continue catching up on 2015-16 in the thread. LOL

Old Aug 3rd, 2017, 22:23 PM   8152
terripeachy
Other
BnB Addict

Vonn- the house is probably only about 10k if that so while it is stressful the rent I receive (sometimes). Makes it worth it. I'll try one more time I suppose and hope I can get a long term tenant. Glad Sailor us doing well and you got your house. Yippee!!

Wish-congrats on the job offer. I'm sure you will love it and they sound totally accommodating, which is nice.

Alleke- I agree with the others. Twelve days if visitors us a long time. Enjoy your break!

Bear-welcome!!

Miki-the fire sounds totally scary. Glad you were able to get off the hill. How come you were working by yourself?

The bus was late bringing me home tonight so I didn't get to the movies. I'm so tired. I've been running around every day after work, so I enjoyed having the night off, but I'm so sleepy. When Monday gets here I'll be able to rest. Can't wait for that.

Hi to everyone else!

Old Aug 4th, 2017, 05:24 AM   8153
TheBear
Trying to conceive (TTC)
New BnB Member

Aww thanks for the welcomes everyone!

Wicky - sounds like you've been through the mill, sorry to hear that. Fingers crossed the break and fresh start will help.
I think I just got too invested and excited last month, it being the first month. I feel calmer now and taking my few af days as a chance to have a couple of glasses of wine!

Old Aug 4th, 2017, 13:05 PM   8154
Alleke
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

Wish, congrats on the job offer! Balance is a wonderful thing, and I hope you can find it with this job!

Vonn, I’m so happy to hear of your experiences and joy! It gives me hope! ...and also a touch of realism, such as how I’ll have to learn to manage visiting friends. (Although these were international visitors, so they wanted a bang for their buck, which I understand.)

Terri, it sounds very frustrating. I hope you can find a good tenant this time. A lot of my relatives have rentals for income, and I know how it can go. Sometimes it's worth it, and sometimes not.

Bear, I get it. I’m 39, and this is our 3rd cycle trying. The first cycle, I was seeing and feeling things all of the time, but laughing at myself for it. Second cycle, meh... I had a bad feeling and then got sick. I halfheartedly tested. Third... well, luckily my company left a couple of days before O!

Wicky... is it bad that I first typed wiki? ha! The 15th!?!? Sounds torturous. I think I’ll start at 10 dpo. It’s still ridiculously early, but I doubt I’ll resist.

AFM, rather blah (mercifully), but I did book a quick trip back to the States. Turkey loves taxing things, and I figure it’s a free visit with my friends with all of the money I’ll save by shopping there. I’ll mostly just order what I know I want (vitamins, makeup, a few cooking things etc.) online, so I don’t have to stress. I’ve been considering how much bad luck it would be for me to buy a few maternity/baby items there. DH’s sister just had a baby, and when shopping for a gift, I discovered that they don’t sell nice, soft receiving blankets here. I hope I get a positive test before then, so I don’t have to worry about it.

Old Aug 5th, 2017, 22:43 PM   8155
mikihope
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member

Yes, this is a wonderful thread. Thank you so much for starting it, Taurus!

It’s great to see new people here! Welcome Bear! And so much good news on this thread now! Massive congrats on your job offer, Wish! And on your new house, Vonn!

Wish- Thanks, the fire was contained quickly this time, after lessons learned from the 1991 firestorm. So it didn’t make it to the work compound. Part of the fire was on land owned by my workplace, but it was still a bit further up the hill and not within the work compound. Yeah, it would be great to take a sabbatical! I hope you're feeling great and getting enough rest these days.

Vonn- It’s so heartwarming hearing about how much you love being a mom, and how much you love Sailor Thanks, I was so glad to be safe after all that anxiety, but I was so wired after that I couldn’t rest or relax. I did sleep really well the following night, so that was good!

Terri- Thanks, I was glad to make it off the hill, I’m familiar with the footage of people stuck in the roads during the 1991 firestorm and was nervous! Oh, my boss was not at work that day, and the lab is basically run by us and a part time staff member. My boss and I do lab work, but we also troubleshoot the equipment and take care of them, as well as the lab. So I do sometimes find myself alone in the lab.

Wicky- It’s great that you are so positive now! I know it’s so hard to not symptom spot, so here’s hoping that the symptoms you’re feeling are real!

TTC- I hope it wasn't an indent...May there be a darker line as time goes on!

Alleke- Poor you, glad you have some respite from your tiring guests! Fx for a BFP for you this time!

The fire has just finally been fully extinguished, and I think the road may be opened today. I’ve been reading about it, and they think it might be arson, set by a person who was involved in a 3 car crash by the fire site. He came out of his car brandishing a gun at one of the people involved. He then apparently drove off, but returned later, abandoning his car at the scene. He then entered my work site, triggering the lockdown. Scary! No idea how or why he was supposed to set the fire, so maybe that was just an accident or a coincidence.

I’m glad the weekend is here! I hope everyone has a great weekend!

Old Aug 6th, 2017, 09:41 AM   8156
Wish2BMom
Pregnant (Expecting)
BnB Addict

miki - holy cow, the full story is so scary!! I'm so glad you're ok! How have you been feeling otherwise? is your dizziness all gone? fatigue?

vonn - CONGRATULATIONS!!! I'm so happy you finally found a house!!! Great things happening for you guys right now, everything is falling into place. When do you move? how far will you be from your folks?

terri - giving it one last go sounds like a good idea. I hope this is the lucky one! I laughed when you said you could sleep on Monday - who says that?? hahaha I want to see that movie too - it looks so funny. Hopefully it's better than Rough Night or whatever the ScarJo one was in June. That was awful.

Bear - welcome!! I do remember diving into TTC and thinking 'this'll be a cinch!' and then having that let down at the end of the month. Hang in there - I hope it happens swiftly for you but if not, we're here for you!

wicky - (I totally want to write 'wiki' too HAHA) I'm sorry you're still crampy! I only had 2 IUIs and didn't really experience much from them so I can't give any advice. I just hope maybe your uterus is all 'yay! sperm! let's match you up with this egg that just came down here, and I'll get a nice cushy spot ready for you!'

ttc - updates on the rest of your tests?

afm - feeling fine! Seems I've gained 9lbs total so far, not sure if that's good or bad. I want to see if I can get to the gym once or twice more this week. My bum looks bigger! HAHA! My sweet tooth is waning now, I think, thank goodness. Actually, my appetite as a whole is just whacked - I am hungry at odd times and not really ever sure of how much I'll be able to take in.
Anyway - giving my notice tomorrow and I cannot wait. I think someone asked if they will be surprised - yes, I think they will be. I've been continuing to be a team player (worked until 4:30am the other night with the team to get things ready for a demo with a HUGE prospect the following day) so haven't really shown signs that I'm checked out (at least to me, maybe I have to them).

Speaking of food, time to go make breakfast and watch some taped So You Think You Can Dance!

Old Aug 6th, 2017, 09:48 AM   8157
TTC74
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict

Hi all!

Yay for Vonn's house!

Love to hear about all you preggos doing well! Waiting for bump pics!

Wish - are you going to find out gender? Do you know if the LOs are fraternal or identical twins?

New ladies (there are several of you which is exciting!) - I hope your journey in TTC is quick but just like Wish said, we're here for you regardless!

AFM - I had the one single test that looked positive yesterday and none of my other tests did. Same thing today! Here is today's positive looking Test. If I don't get AF by tomorrow, I'll call about a beta to figure out what's going on!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_7234.jpg (19.7 KB, 17 views)

Old Aug 7th, 2017, 08:44 AM   8158
Wish2BMom
Pregnant (Expecting)
BnB Addict

Good luck, TTC! I'm still the worst at squinters so I'll have faith in your in-person judgement!

We have a scan this Wed and I'd love to find out genders then but I think we'll have to wait for the next one. It's probably still too early. But yes, we're finding out. I won that little battle. They are fraternal, there was never any doubt. Transferred 2 embies, both of those little rock stars stuck! I still chuckle when I think back to when I first saw their Day 5 blast pics and was like 'oh....um...these aren't gonna work' b/c they looked so different and 'worse' than the 4AB blasts we had transferred before that looked so textbook. How wrong I was!

OH and keep meaning to post - my NT blood results came back and we're low risk for Downs. So scan and bloods all look good!

Old Aug 7th, 2017, 09:38 AM   8159
TTC74
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict

Good luck at your scan Wish! Yay for your NT results!

Old Aug 7th, 2017, 10:49 AM   8160
MsRipple
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member

Happy anniversary thread!

Wick - I've definitely had minor cramping post-IUI!

Wish- haven't quite sorted out the names yet - have picked out a few and will save the final decision for when we meet baby. Katarina is a strong contender as are some family names.

SEO by vBSEO