LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Aug 8th, 2017, 08:40 AM   8171
Wish2BMom
Pregnant (Expecting)
BnB Addict

TTC - little Bellamy is ADORABLE! I'm so glad she's such a good baby for you, even with a cold! I hope she gets better soon.

Rain/TTC - ahhh yes, all that. We have friends around us who have taken their kids to different places so we have different price points and references on them. And yes, they told us to start looking around soon b/c of the wait lists. Craziness. So we'll start to do that soon. Probably after I get squared away with this new job. I'll definitely ask my doc's office about those classes and when we should start getting into those, if they offer them, when, etc. Thank you!!
And yes, my Mom and sister are going to be putting on my shower with probably some help from my aunt. They want to hold it on 11/18, the weekend before Thanksgiving, so they can all come up and potentially spend the holiday here. I want it in October for the very reason you said, Rain - I don't know what shape I'll be in at 7 mos but I'm guessing not ready to be having a shower AND Thanksgiving all in one week. And I need to think of other family members or friends who might be traveling to their own holidays over that weekend. I just think it's rude. But money is an issue for my sister b/c both of my nieces want to come too and 3 plane tickets is a lot. So DH and I will pool our miles and get a couple of tickets for them. Then we should be able to make Oct work. Sigh. Why isn't this about me??

ask - good luck with your upcoming protocol!! it'll be a breeze, don't worry. There's a lot to learn but if you just take it one day at a time, you'll do great. Try not to think of it all as a whole. You got this!

wicky - ooooh that dang TWW! It's the absolute WORST! I remember Vonn saying that. So true. Do you have something fun planned for this weekend? it helps the most when you have OTHER stuff to look forward to. I actually didn't test a lot in my TWWs. Moreso when we went DE and really b/c I was having NO symptoms at all and felt great. Those times I had symptoms - who knows. Could have been early CPs that fizzled out quickly or just my damn mind playing tricks on me. 12dpiui is a great threshold, though - trigger is out and any lines seen would be legit. Are you on any progesterone? I couldn't make it to 12dpiui on my own so that in itself would have been a sign!

Old Aug 8th, 2017, 11:28 AM   8172
TTC74
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict

Wish, I had two baby showers. One for family and friends and one for colleagues. Is that potentially an option for you? You could have a "nuclear family" shower the weekend before Thanksgiving and a "other family" and friends shower in October? It might be nice to know that for your November shower, it will primarily be your very close family anyway given that you might not feel well and they will be more understanding (hopefully!). I'm sure you'll work it out one way or another. Big picture I guess is that you have lots of loved ones who want to celebrate you and your LOs big upcoming day!!!!

Old Aug 8th, 2017, 20:57 PM   8173
Wicky78
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member

Wish, this TWW is practically killing me... ok, so not really, but I am feeling very impatient today! I am not taking progesterone, as my LP is usually 14-15 days. I am trying to drum up something to do this weekend, since a distraction would be really good about now.

TTC - I like your suggestion for Wish and wondered the same thing.

Hi to everyone else!

AFM - today has been challenging because I felt the crampiness a little less strongly for a couple of hours in the morning, but then it came back again. I am really impatient and DW is actually making it harder to wait. Waiting sucks. Plus I feel all judgy about my antsy feelings... I can see why the memory wipe from "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind" might be useful... or a distraction of major proportions. I am pretty sure I'll test on Sunday, since it's 12dpIUI and 14 days after the trigger. I was telling my therapist about the way I've been feeling and she was encouraging me to test early... I thought therapy was supposed to help you resist temptation! LOL

Old Aug 9th, 2017, 00:30 AM   8174
mikihope
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member

TTC- I saw a lineÖ did AF eventually show? Aww, Bella is such a cutie! Thanks for sharing her photo with us.

Rain- Thanks! I do feel a lot better now, everything has reduced in intensity except for the bloating and round ligament pains. How nice that you had so many onesies given to you! Your twins sound adorable!

Wish- Yes, the dizziness seems to have gone, thanks! Congrats on your great NT results. Things are moving along fast for you now! I think your weight gain is awesome, it sounds like your little twins are nice and healthy. How wonderful that your family is already planning a shower for you, except for the timing thing. I hope you get it worked out soon!

MsR- I like the name 'Katarina' as well! You are getting close now... you must be excited to meet baby!

Wicky- Thanks, it was scary, but all turned out ok. I hope I donít add to your impatience, but I think crampiness is a good sign! I canít wait to see your test results! I know, Iím not helping

I feel so unprepared, I havenít done or planned anything, except for hiring a doula! While trying to get to sleep last night, I suddenly realized that I was almost 20 weeks along, and I felt really afraid and couldn't fall asleep. I wonít be having a shower, as my family is far away in Singapore. Also, DH and I havenít been in one area long enough for the (almost) 3 years weíve been here. Iím on my second job and we recently moved into our 3rd apartment. We never got to settle down, itís been one crisis after another. First, it was trying to escape from my evil sociopathic ex boss, then when I found a nice new job, I had the bike crash 5 months after I started it!

My parents and my sister are probably flying over in December to help out a bit, so that should be a great relief. AlthoughÖ I donít like the fact that my mom has kept my pregnancy a secret from all friends and family in Singapore, just because she is not proud of DH and because I used donor egg. I think part of my stress comes from the fact that not that many people know Iím pregnant. Maybe I need to tell more people at work, I've only told 4 people so far...

Old Aug 9th, 2017, 03:11 AM   8175
TTC74
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict

Yes, Miki. AF showed. Boo! Also, you're almost 20 weeks. Start shouting from the rooftops that you're preggers! Sorry to hear about your mom keeping mum because you used donor egg. I don't want to speak ill of your mum, but to heck with that! YOU are carrying this baby. It IS your baby. So, yeah. Tell the world that you and DH are having a baby in about 20 weeks! Celebrate. Buy stuff. Create a registry and send the link to all your friends and family with your announcement. Get excited!!! You're out of the first semester red zone. Woohoo!

Old Aug 9th, 2017, 09:04 AM   8176
Wish2BMom
Pregnant (Expecting)
BnB Addict

I could NOT agree with TTC more, miki!!! You have to celebrate what is so very special in your life right now! I agree - find a roof and shout!!! It is still a little weird thinking about DE - I've had DH's family say funny things like 'boy I hope they look like you!' and stuff (yeah, me too!! ) It's a little bit to get used to or wrap your head around but do NOT let anyone lessen what you are doing to get your family. Even if it's mum. She doesn't have to tell all of the details about your pregnancy! Just announce you're pregnant with her grandchild and that's it!! Also, someone said to look up 'epigenetics'. Take a look...
And I do have to agree with you, once I started to tell people, my level of anxiety went WAYYYYY down. The secret was out and it's so, so nice to hear all of the congratulations and get asked questions and all of that. Go share, girl!

ttc - you're the 2nd person that said that about the 2 showers. I'll have to think about that. I think that'll depend on how involved my immediate family wants to be with the overall celebration (one big one) or if they are cool being separated out. There was an issue with my wedding stuff - my sister was my MOH and I had told her that I didn't need a bach party so she followed my orders. One of my closest friends, though, said 'you ain't goin out like that' and threw me a bach party in Boston but did not invite any of my family (mom, sister, aunts, cousins) so now there is bad blood. Still. So the separation thing may be right up their alley or they'd want to avoid it at all costs. I'll think about it and talk about it with my mom. Thanks!!

It's scan day today!!! at 1:50, I can't wait! And I think I was feeling kicks last night! Though it felt like a lot of little flutters, so I'm not sure. But I think I actually felt a couple OUTSIDE with my hand - is that even possible?? Didn't feel like I had gas and it didn't feel like a muscle spasm b/c it only happened once in that spot. Made me smile

Old Aug 9th, 2017, 12:10 PM   8177
Wicky78
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member

I just have to say, Miki, that you're a terrible influence on me with regard to symptom spotting (j/k) hahaha! Hiring a doula is a good first step for meeting your LO, but I totally understand feeling a bit like the clock is ticking faster as your baby's due date gets closer. I have a friend who said that people kept telling her "oh, you have plenty of time" whenever she started to panic, and then just after she moved into the 3rd trimester, people started saying "wow, that's soon!" She thought it was funny because the change happened in a day - one day people thought her due date was way in the future and the next day, it seemed around the corner! I hope that you can use the help that's being offered by your family and friends to help you feel more settled before baby comes. TTC is right - telling people is a good idea at this point

Wish - I am so excited for you that you are feeling the babies now! I hope your scan goes well. Will you have pics to share?

AFM - I am turning into an emotional wreck today. I had a patient yell at me and afterwards, I could barely keep from crying before I got back to my office. Then I didn't think I would ever STOP crying. I'm feeling very sensitive today - this is not usually like me. Maybe it means something, or maybe I'm PMSing early. Okay, enough pity party for me. I think I'll eat my lunch and see if that helps me feel a little stronger for tackling the rest of the workday.

Hi to the ladies I didn't mention. I just want to say how glad I am that there is a place where I can vent and people don't judge me or think I'm a big wuss/drama queen. It's just so uplifting to have this safe space!

Old Aug 9th, 2017, 16:07 PM   8178
Wish2BMom
Pregnant (Expecting)
BnB Addict

I lied - no scan today. I was mistaken. Next scan is 9/1. But heard the heartbeats and they are great! one was moving around SO much, it's nickname is now 'Swoosh' b/c of all the swooshing on the doppler!!

Old Aug 9th, 2017, 16:47 PM   8179
Wicky78
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member

Wish - sorry you didn't get a scan today, but I love the Swoosh nickname Maybe that baby will be a bball player, you never know! Glad they sounded good today

Old Aug 11th, 2017, 11:05 AM   8180
Alleke
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

Miki, I can relate to your story, and I imagine that I would be in the same situation. I move quite a bit, and some of my closest relatives disapprove of my marriage to someone of a different religion. I think you should announce it yourself to your friends and family – via facebook, email, whatever. It’s not your mother’s decision to make, and you shouldn’t allow her that power. As for a shower, special occasions have never really bothered me, but it’s nice to do something symbolic. If you have a friend or two, you can plan a shopping trip for the baby’s room or some type of pampering. You could also have a virtual shower. We could come up with games and ideas for this - it could be really fun! I think because you’re newer in the area, you have to be a bit more proactive, if it’s important to you. At the same time, you have plenty of time and you don’t have to do anything at all, if you prefer.

Wicky, 1 more day until I start to test. 10 dpo seems reasonable. Still, it’s pretty early, so low expectations. Let’s play the symptom spotting game!
• At 7 dpo, while drinking my last glass of wine, I suddenly started feeling crampy. Googled it, of course. Check. Then, I started feeling nauseated. Googled it. Uncheck. I remembered that I went out with friends and ate a hamburger that was not fully cooked. Usually hygiene is okay here, but I don’t trust it fully. Went to bed and felt better in the morning.
• At 9 dpo, there was brownish cm. I sometimes spot a bit before my period, but this is too early for that.
Am I pregnant? Am I pregnant?

Rain, as far as politics go, Turkey has its own woes. People I talk to disapprove of Trump, but they empathize rather than criticize. Years ago, in the era of W, I was frequently asked, “Why did you vote for him?” and my response was, “*I* didn’t.” Depending on where you go, you might get some heat. I respond to that in a joking manner, “On behalf of the American people, I apologize for...”

AFM, I have been tending to a young street cat. Istanbul is full of street cats (and dogs) and people love them and take care of them. One in my neighborhood got a wound on its face, and the next day, it looked worse. I thought he would be a typical street cat, but he ran up to me when I called, and I carried him to a vet clinic. While I held him, the vet cleaned his face, and the kitty just purred the whole time. It was heartbreaking. Since then, I’ve been feeding him and giving him medicine. I really want to adopt him, but the thing is... I’m allergic. If I adopt him, I am condemning myself to Allegra daily for the next several years. Do I want to do that, especially given that I’m in this forum? I’ve already posted on a FB group and asked some friends. My willpower is in decline.

p.s. There is a new movie out called “Kedi” (“cat” in Turkish). It’s about the street cats of Istanbul. I haven’t seen it yet, but I heard that it’s good!

I think I’m heading out to buy some litter.

SEO by vBSEO