LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Aug 15th, 2017, 11:02 AM   8191
Wish2BMom
Pregnant (Expecting)
BnB Addict

I'm so sorry for your disappointment, wicky. it totally DOES suck. That progesterone, as I think i've said, can be a total mindf*ck during the TWW!! Sorry for the language but that's basically it.
Perhaps this might help for next time - jot down all of the 'symptoms' you felt this time and next month, when potentially you're feeling them again, it might help even out the obsession a little bit.
But I do know EXACTLY where you are right now and it completely rots. Chin up, sweetie - you'll get that BFP and I guarantee you'll be SO surprised at what you're feeling (or not!!) at the time!!

Old Aug 15th, 2017, 12:45 PM   8192
Alleke
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

Wicky, I’m sorry to hear your news. (I must say though... I don’t have any experience with IUI... but I never believe it’s over till it’s over.)

Vonn, it’s not cold-hearted. I think your views are quite realistic, and I cringe at the thought of all of the unnecessary allergy meds. This is my 3rd month ever TTC, so no ART yet. My troubles were with finding the right guy. I agree, though, that if I were putting more money and effort into TTC, it would impact my cat decisions. I haven’t seen the movie yet.

Mrs R, your baby might be a genius! But for allergies, I’d be a cat lady, for sure!

Miki, intercultural things can be really tough. DH and I have an agreement – he handles his family, and I handle mine. We don’t always agree and are sometimes suspicious of how and why things go down, but in hindsight, it’s best to work within the confines of cultural expectation. I think you should do whatever you think is best in your situation.

Terri, I’m all for property managers! Make sure you choose a decent one, but it will be well worth it to not deal with the stress. I agree with Wish about the new career. It takes time to develop skills, even for a “natural”. Paying attention and trying to learn certainly helps. Have you thought of recording yourself (video or audio)? I’ve found it horrible but useful, because my perception from the inside doesn’t always match what I see from the outside.

Wish, I do plan on neutering him. I’m still not sure what the future holds, but I’m working on it, and it’s okay to have him here for a while in the meantime. I think I’ll go see another vet tomorrow and ask the prices for neutering and see if they have a carrier I can borrow. There are a few pics on google, and it appears that this vet is kind-hearted. Maybe he/she can help find a home.

Kitty update – He’s comfortable here now and pees in a box, so long as it has clay litter. Pooping... yesterday was a failure. Today, we’ll see. He is much cleaner and seemingly an indoor cat after adjusting. I don’t want to put him outside, but it’s an option. His eye is getting wider every day, but he still cleans his face and scratches the scab in the process. I’ve been cleaning up blood spatter every morning. I feel like it’s a quick training course for parenting. Hopefully I get to use what I practice.

AFM, not much. White sticks. DH is out of town. The kitty is a nice distraction. Another friend came through for a day, so we did the quick tour and had fun. For my upcoming trip, and I have a 16 hr layover in London. I’m considering just sightseeing all night instead of getting a room.

Old Aug 15th, 2017, 13:21 PM   8193
TTC74
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict

Sorry Wicky. It really is awful, isn't it? I am a terrible symptom spotter, too. It makes no sense, though. The only times I've gotten BFPs, I had fewer symptoms than usual!

Wish - Can't wait for your ultrasound! I'm eager to find out the gender of those babies (hopefully!).

AFM - I'm just twiddling my thumbs as I wait to O. Someone pointed out the other day that I could O on the day of the eclipse. That would be kinda cool!

On another note, DH has a terrible fear that one of us will forget the LO in the car on our respective date to drop her off at day care. We bought a bluetooth cushion that is supposed to alert if you walk away from it with the baby in the car seat. It's an ingenious idea, but the darned thing was completely unreliable! So, I returned it. When Amazon asked me to review it, I wrote an honest review. Now the owner of the company won't stop pestering me about what a terrible thing I've done seeing as he hasn't sold any cushions since my review. I wrote the guy back and told him that DH and I are prosecutors and that we have seen terrible situations in which children were left in cars and that it concerned me that people may blindly trust this faulty cushion. So, I don't regret the honest review. I am not kidding - the guy wrote my back again! I'm not going to respond of course, but I can't believe what a freak this guy is!

Old Aug 15th, 2017, 18:17 PM   8194
terripeachy
Other
BnB Addict

So many updates!!

I drove 2 hours to meet the prospective client and she and her husband want to think about it. Grrr. The good thing for them, is that it's play money so they really have no desire to change what they are doing until the market tanks. I told them they were doing well, but they have to think about the risk. If the market tanks they don't have time to recover. We'll see if she can convince her hubs. Long story short, we can still be friends.

The property management people were cool. My tenant, who said she was leaving Tuesday hasn't left. I filled for eviction since I had the day of and I was kind of in the neighborhood. The mgmt people can go to court next month. I'm going to sign with them. Now I just have to get my dad to sign papers while he is driving all over the country. He's currently in Seattle. Hopefully they (he and his lady friend) will stay over place long enough to get it and email it back.

Yes I have taken videos of myself. I'm confident, but there is no reason for people to leave their advisor and most have them already. The struggle is real! I'm just not a pushy person or a liar, so it's more difficult for me to make up some reason why people need me other than the obvious.

Wicky, stay positive and keep trying we've all been there!

Alleke-enjoy your sightseeing!

Wish2-can't wait for the update. I hope you have one of each. That would be fun.

Vonn-i agree with the others; thanks for checking in. We heart you.

Hi to everyone else.

Old Aug 16th, 2017, 02:06 AM   8195
mikihope
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member

MsR- Your advice is very welcome! I’m sure that little Swingline will help me set the needed emotional boundaries with my mom. I’ve had to set a gazillion boundaries with her, she’s one of those that keeps trying to overstep them. I learned to become very firm, and cutting off contact seems to be the only thing that works. Until the next time she tries, that is… Anyhoo, I’ll try to start telling family about my pregnancy!
I hope that you get the birth you want, but if not, may you have a wonderful and smooth one. And I hope that you get more sleep and your bp remains well-behaved.

Terri- I’m glad that you called a property management company, and I hope that this one pans out. Yeah, thanks, I have been for therapy regarding my issues with my mom. I did a lot of work on myself, and as a result, I generally deal with her pretty well now. But once in a while a situation arises where I manage to let her get to me. Well, no longer! And yes, I can imagine that my co-workers would be so thrilled for me! I’ll let them know! And I’d definitely invite you to my virtual shower, if I have one.

Wish- Thanks, Wish. It is ridiculous how she can rule from so far away, but really it is partly because I feel conflicted as she is my mom. I have lived a very different life from what she wanted, and from how my sister lives, and so she would guilt and shame me. I stopped letting her do that, or letting it get to me. But now I’m far away, she’s not so young anymore, and she’s the only mom I’ve got. Sigh.
Anyway, on to more fun stuff… baby kicks (and punches)! I bet that’s what you’re feeling. Mine started out like that. I guess you'll have twice the number of kicks!

Wicky- Thanks for understanding. Yes, I agree that this is one time where a supportive mom can mean so much. Your struggle with your mom sounds ultra frustrating too! Yeah, it really helps that my sister is so excited. And she tells me that her kids are so happy and excited too. Oh yes, DH has been happy and very involved from the beginning. He went for almost all of my fertility clinic appointments, and my prenatal appointments, and he was the one who insisted. His positivity and enthusiasm has really helped lift my spirits!
So sorry that you are feeling down about your BFN. I hope you get your BFP soon, so you can get to plan your virtual shower!

Alleke- Yeah, that’s true about intercultural issues. Part of my “obedience” to my mom is due to the expectations of my culture. DH doesn’t have this sort of issue with his family as the society he grew up in does not think that way. Luckily, he is very understanding and really helps me. I have found that I can’t conform to the cultural expectations, unlike my sister. But I may find a happy medium, just to get my mom off my back. Since I pretended to give in, she’s already pretending to care about my pregnancy, which is fine with me for now.

TTC- How awful that you had to deal with that crazy company owner!

My anatomy scan went well, except that little gummy would not cooperate and remained snuggled in one position very low down. He seems to be always in that same position, as I can feel where he kicks and where he punches. At one point, the tech had to tilt the table so that my head was lower than my legs. I was in that position for quite a while. She tried other tricks to get gummy to move, and he eventually turned… but then slowly turned back to his favorite position! Anyway, the scan did not turn up anything worrisome, except that his kidneys are a bit swollen. The OB said that it was nothing to worry about, as the size was not large enough to require more scans. I googled the term she gave me (Pyelectasis) and it was kind of scary. But I’m telling myself (and DH) that since they’re not worried, we don’t have to worry as well. I am trying to be aware of what complications could arise, so if they do, hopefully we will be mentally prepared. We will talk to the OB in a couple of weeks at our next prenatal appointment.

Old Aug 16th, 2017, 10:39 AM   8196
Wish2BMom
Pregnant (Expecting)
BnB Addict

miki - sounds like you're dealing with the Mom Stuff quite well then. It's never easy, it's never uncomplicated, so you're doing great! So glad the anatomy scan went well! That's so adorable that he's got a little snug position that he prefers, even if it was a pain in the butt for the scan. I am with you - I wish they wouldn't say such things if they are actually NOT worried about something, though I guess they have to. I dunno - I'd want to know, but yes, we need to train ourselves to follow their footsteps when worrying about stuff.

Terri - so GLAD you got a Property Mgmt Co!!! It'll give you back years on your life, I swear it! GL with that prospect, I hope she comes around. I completely hear you on the 'how do I sell to someone that's happy where they are' conundrum. I've been there - you just feel like the words coming out of your mouth are slamming to the ground. Selling ice to eskimos!!

alleke - have fun with your friend in town!!

ttc - oooh O'ing on the eclipse!! YOU could have twins!!

No real updates here - getting my invite list together for my mom for the shower before I leave my job (so I can bang out a non-work thing on a work computer! ). Only 2 more days left!! WOO! Everything else is status quo! I wish I could feel the babies more, just for reassurance. It's still just more of a flutter phase and most times it's my own heartbeat/pulse I feel. Or gas. Or whatever.
I'm slacking again on exercise so I have to go out there and walk. Today looks like a nice day for it!

Old Aug 16th, 2017, 15:20 PM   8197
terripeachy
Other
BnB Addict

Are you taking any time off between jobs or are you jumping right in? That always made me happy about changing jobs-unplanned vacation to do what I want. That's great that this is your last week. It seems like time had flown by. I hope they do something nice for you; you worked really hard for them and I'm sure you'll be missed.

Oh my sister's nanny had her retrieval today. She's in her mid 20s and she was slated to have 23 eggs. We both hope this is there only time shell have to go through this. With all those eggs, I hope so!

Old Aug 16th, 2017, 16:54 PM   8198
Wish2BMom
Pregnant (Expecting)
BnB Addict

WOW!!! That's like, almost 2 dozen!!! that's crazy!!!

no, not taking any time off, planned anyway. Though I think if all of my paperwork, background check and drug test results aren't back by today, we'll have to push my start date from 8/21 to 8/28. So a forced week off, which is fine by me. We have a vacation planned for Wed-Sat of next week anyway - going to Chicago! Cannot wait! But I'd kinda love to have Mon, Tues off too.

And there is a lunch planned for Friday so I'll head down for that. Should be fun! But I think that's it. We'll see.

Old Aug 16th, 2017, 23:41 PM   8199
Wicky78
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member

Thank you, everyone! You have been so supportive and helpful in this crazy TWW. I'm feeling a little better, though still in limbo, as AF hasn't arrived yet and I'm not going to test again until Friday, if AF doesn't come first. At the very least, I'm chalking this up to a weird cycle... spotting twice for a very short time on two different days, and no AF is something completely new for me. However, I am more able to accept that AF is likely on her way, so I am not nearly as upset as I was earlier this week.

It's so great to see how life goes on and others survive this crazy TTC process. I love that some of you have your LO already, some are expecting, some are still in the "game," and others are finding other ways to move forward. It makes me realize that even if this doesn't happen now or in the next few cycles, I'll be okay.

Miki - I love that your little gummy showed some personality during the scan, although I'm sorry that meant you didn't get to see much.

Alleke - I agree with you about it not being over until AF shows up. I think that's why I got so mad about the way the nurse responded to me. My DW said, "She doesn't know everything. Let's prove her wrong." LOL I wish it were that easy, as if it's in my control How's the kitten doing?

Wish - you are so not kidding about the way these hormones play with our minds. And I'm not offended by your language.

Terri - thanks for being supportive. I'm glad the PM seems like a good one, and they are going to earn their keep very quickly by going to court next month!

TTC - I think that's what is so crazy about the TWW - symptoms can mean something, not having symptoms can mean something... how can I not drive myself nuts thinking about it?

I hope everyone is doing well. I'm looking forward to next week's eclipse - are any others near a prime viewing areas? I can't get off work to go to SC or western NC, but I hope to see a decent view outside my office... now I just need to make a viewer so I don't hurt my eyes!

Old Aug 16th, 2017, 23:45 PM   8200
Wicky78
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member

Oops, forgot to say hi to everyone I didn't mention, specifically. Hi!!!

SEO by vBSEO