LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Nov 10th, 2017, 07:36 AM   8501
Wish2BMom
Pregnant (Expecting)
BnB Addict

FX'ed JLo!! another TWW for us all to watch! sounds like you're doing everything you need to as well - good luck!

Old Nov 10th, 2017, 11:10 AM   8502
Wish2BMom
Pregnant (Expecting)
BnB Addict

welp, failed the first GTT. Awesome. So now going in for the 3 hr one next Friday. I'm so annoyed.

Old Nov 10th, 2017, 23:57 PM   8503
JLObytheBeach
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

Wicky - any update on your MIL?

Wish - thanks lady!! I feel good about this time around so fingers crossed I'm right. It sounds like you are doing good!

I have a surprise 40th birthday party for my DH tomorrow. I'm excited, 35 people and still a surprise. The best part is he started planning a 40th party for himself! I hope you both have a nice restful weekend!

Old Nov 11th, 2017, 16:30 PM   8504
mikihope
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member

Seems like a lot has happened since I last postedÖ Wicky is in the 2nd trimester, Ask has started Lupron injections, and Wish has 12 pound twins

Wow, this cold was a doozy. I'm just barely recovering. I normally donít fall ill, and if I ever catch a cold, itís very mild and I feel well in a couple of days. My coworkers told me that this cold that was making its rounds at work was a bad one, but I think my pregnancy exacerbated it. It was agony for a long time! Plus it was really hard not being able to just eat my usual comfort foods, or home remedies because of my restrictive diet. Recently, Iíve been extremely short of breath when working in the lab. I donít know if itís the cold or gummy pressing on my diaphragm. My lab work requires that I move around a lot, alternate between standing and sitting, bending over and squatting, and itís getting very hard. I am getting slower each week, and I feel bad, as I am usually a multitasking maniac and fast worker. My boss is very supportive, but I feel like Iím letting him down.

Ask- Thanks, I seem to be doing quite well with my diet now. Iíve heard it gets harder as time goes on, though! You get hungry when youíre sick tooÖ so you can imagine how hard it was to not be able to gorge myself on tons of pasta or all the other carb rich foods that I seem to crave when ill! Donít worry about the PIO shots, even though everyone worries about it before they actually do it. Like Wish said, it amazingly doesnít actually hurt when the needle goes in. I used a heat pad both before (I know some use ice before) and after the shot, injected straight in and slowly, took the weight off the side I was doing the shot in, and I made sure to massage the area after the shot. I had zero lumps, no residual discomfort, and there was no sign of where I did the shot the next day. I think the post-injection massage is very important! I got the nurse to draw circles on my butt to show where I should do the shots, and I just redrew the circles whenever they looked faded. Donít worry, youíll do great!

Wicky- How is your MIL? Thatís really scary, especially not knowing what caused the electrolyte crash. I hope they find the cause soon. Youíre in your second tri! So wonderful! Iím glad that youíre zen about your blood sugars. It sounds like youíre getting great care on that front, so things should be good. Iím glad that Iím receiving good care to help manage my gestational diabetes, and hopefully Iím more zen about it now! Iím not yet at the point where Iím wishing the baby out, but I can see myself getting there! One weird thing is that my belly is getting visibly bigger, but my weight gain this whole pregnancy has been pretty stagnant at around 10 pounds for quite a few weeks.

Wish- Oh, it sucks that you have to do the 3 hour test. I know how that feels. A large percentage of women go on to pass the 3 hour test, and I hope youíre one of them! I was unlucky, and it seems that just being Asian was a big risk factor. Hopefully youíre one of the lucky ones. Iím so glad to hear that your babies are doing so well, and quite relieved to hear that theyíre not actually 12 pounds! Isnít it cute and fun to play with them through your belly? Gummy is responding to outside touch too, and heís making some very uncomfortable movements, especially at night when I lay down to sleep!

JLo- Good luck with your TWW!

How is everyone else? Vonn, MsRÖ how are you and your sweet babies doing?

Old Nov 12th, 2017, 12:01 PM   8505
terripeachy
Other
BnB Addict

Wish-sorry you failed the test. Maybe you enjoyed the drink a little too much. Hee hee. You're actually the first person that said it tasted good. That made me laugh.

Wicky-hope your MIl is getting better and drinking lots of fluids.

Miki-you're getting so close to due date. You won't remember your carb woes in a few weeks! Are you scheduling a c-section? What happened with your mom and sister visiting? Did you get it all straightened out?

Ask-things are on there move! Hope you are doing well.

Ttc-where are you?

JLo-fxfx. Hopefully this is your turn!

Not sure if I told you that I went to see Trevor Noah a few weeks back with my former co-workers. We had such a good time. We went to dinner at an Italian restaurant in the city and hubs and I treated everyone. It was so nice to see them and hang. I really don't care about money and I'm so fortunate to feel that way. I just wanted everyone to have a fun time.
I was never able to upload my picture from the retirement party. You'll just have to imagine me as a cute flapper with a pillbox hat and a feather.

Today we have a fantasy football party. I finally moved out of last place so I'm thankful. In our league the person in last place gets an ugly trophy that no one wants. I refuse to get that trophy. My team is pretty bad but I'm still beating people periodically so hopefully I won't be near the bottom anymore after this week. I'm tied for 9th with two others. Only two points separate us so if I can win and get more points I'm really be in good shape.

All right, I've blabbed enough. Not pregnant.

Old Nov 13th, 2017, 08:06 AM   8506
Wish2BMom
Pregnant (Expecting)
BnB Addict

terri - you crack me up! Your FF league sounds similar to my girls league but we've recently tried to instill the following rule - you lose, you get publicly humiliated when we go out to dinner after the next year's draft. That has only happened once, though, as we weren't able to get together this year. But the year before, we had a huge placard that the loser had to wear around the bar/restaurant and up and down the main street we were on for the whole night. Hysterical. And what happened?? you usually win yours! I'm clinging to 2nd place right now in one league and the other league is divided into 2 divisions - I was 2nd in that one too until my FIL bumped me to 3rd after last week (all of my good guys had bye weeks).

miki - ooooh sorry about the hard-hitting cold!! Glad you're on the mend now, though. Your job does sound like it would be tiring with all of the movement. I'm measuring about where you are right now and it's tough for me to move around a lot too. It's also tough for me to sit in one spot for a long time and get up and walk after, so I don't know what the best answer is! I asked my boss if I could WFH a couple days a week and she's totally fine with it. Even the walk in from the parking lot is getting to be a lot more laborous than I ever thought it would. I hate it! I am usually completely fine with any type of physical activity! So I know you feel like you're letting your boss down but please try to give yourself a break. You're not failing, you're not lazy, you're not falling short. You're pregnant and have wacko physical things going on right now that are taking over! It's only for a short time longer, so take it slow and think about the vessel that is holding gummy for now!
Are you working right up until you give birth or leaving a little early?

JLo - how goes the TWW??

Wicky - updates on you and your MIL please! hope all is well!

all others - miss you!

afm - had a great weekend basically relaxing all weekend. I did some cleaning but also binged Stranger Things 2 from the recliner. It was heaven. DH made a beer run to Maine for a special release with some friends on Sat so he was gone all morning and into the afternoon. An early dinner with FIL for Veteran's Day and then Sunday DH had bball in the morning so I finished ST2 before football started. WOOP! Also found out that we are not getting EITHER of the free cribs!! Oh well, the thoughts were very generous. One, they couldn't find a main screw and I guess Home Depot doesn't sell that exact one. And the other was ruined in storage by moisture. what can you do? So we'll go crib shopping when my folks get into town next week and they can buy us one, we'll buy the other. Easy peasy.

I actually can't wait to get those - I feel like the nursery is on hold until then and I really want to get going on it so we are ready for these munchkins to arrive at any point. I really really at least want to make it to Christmas! That will be week 35.

Old Nov 14th, 2017, 00:35 AM   8507
mikihope
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member

Terri- Great update, as usual! Fx you don't get the ugly trophy. Although... sounds like something I would want Your night out to see Trevor Noah with your former coworkers sounds like so much fun. Ah, to be able to go out to eat Italian food! Thanks for your support, it's true that my carb woes should be a distant memory in a bunch of weeks. For now, it's almost impossible for me to eat out, especially Asian food. And I can't eat sweet stuff such as cake, which sucks since I'm craving that stuff
Oh yes, my sister is coming to visit, along with her family! They'll be here for a week, and the kids and her husband will return to Singapore, while she remains here for about 2 weeks more. My folks will be here mid December, till... no idea when.

Wish- Oh no, so sad that the cribs didn't come through! Luckily your folks are getting you one. My folks are getting us one too! Thanks, I'm so glad that cold is more or less gone! Haha, you hit the nail on the head with the moving around/sitting situation. Moving is tough... sitting in one spot is tough... And yes, walking is tough. I still park in the usual spot instead of getting a special parking pass for pregnant women which gets me a closer spot. I have to walk about 10min to my office, and most of it is uphill! It's great you get to work from home, I wish I could bring my lab work home with me.
I have no idea when I'm going to stop working, it seems like I'm going to keep working until it's almost Christmas! How about you?

We went out for dinner with DH's cousin, husband and kid on Saturday, and I managed to keep my glucose number down. I was so pleased. And they gave us a video baby monitor. Yay! My sister is getting us a stroller and my folks are getting us a crib. I'm very happy, but now I have to go through the stress of choosing those items. I tried looking online once, and the sheer amount of choice was too daunting!

Old Nov 14th, 2017, 07:17 AM   8508
Wish2BMom
Pregnant (Expecting)
BnB Addict

oh I can relate to the stress of the research! If you want, here's what I ended up doing with most things - 'best ___ of 2017' and then see what you want from there. I know it's all subjective, but you can usually see what add-ons you would want or not need. Yesterday I googled 'best convertible cribs' and the brand Sorelle came up as the top. I clicked in the image that was from Toys R Us and they had a gray one (our nursery color) without a changing table (already have this separately), I think with some drawers underneath (who doesn't love extra storage) for under $200! And it's a convertible so it can be used as a toddler and regular bed later - $200 for years of use! Done and done!

That's awesome you got a monitor and were able to control your glucose!! I'm starting my extra-carbs diet right now for my 3 hr test this Friday. Did you have to do that? stress your system with carbs 3 days beforehand to see how it panned out on the test day?

Old Nov 15th, 2017, 23:24 PM   8509
mikihope
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member

Thanks so much for the tips, Wish! It makes me feel much less anxious about having to pick out things like strollers and cribs.

I didn't do the carb loading thing as I wasn't asked to do it, but I read about it. It seems that it actually can help in having a good outcome for the test. I hope that's true for you! Funny thing, I also kind of liked the glucose drink. I didn't like how I felt the first hour after I drank the 3 hour one, though! I felt like I was about to pass out several times.

Well... more bad news for me. They found protein and ketones in my urine at my appointment yesterday. The doc ordered a bunch of blood and urine tests to check if I have pre-eclampsia, even though I don't have high blood pressure. And I have to do a 24 hour urine test for protein. This means I have to collect urine into a huge container over the space of 24 hours, and keep it cool somehow. It will probably go in the fridge! Since I've kept live meal worms in the fridge and a dead snake in the freezer in the past, I told DH that this isn't the worst thing we've had in the fridge. He agreed

I went after work, some of the results have come in, and I have an elevated number for some liver function test. I don't know what it means, but I'm feeling really down. It kind of looks to me that I may have pre-e I was feeling so down about the prospect, and gummy kicked me cutely and lightly, which made me feel so sad for letting him down. Sigh, I guess I'll know after my 24 hour urine test (planning to take it on Sunday) whether I have pre-e, and how bad it is.

Old Nov 16th, 2017, 07:43 AM   8510
Wish2BMom
Pregnant (Expecting)
BnB Addict

oh no, miki!!! that's terrible - I really hope you don't have it. But I'm glad they are finding it and taking care of it now if you do. That's no joke, so please rest up. You're not letting gummy down, this isn't anything of your doing.

...dead snake??

today's my last day of the working week - I love this schedule! Every other Friday off and we have next Thurs/Fri off for the holiday too, so we have 3 short weeks in a row. Love it! my 3 hr GTT is tomorrow morning, along with a regular appt with a doppler. I thought I felt Baby B flip last night, I swear he was sideways while we were at our Birth class. Alas, i still think I feel a head up near my ribs this morning. Sigh.
The rest of the weekend will be spent cleaning, prepping for my folks to arrive on Sunday afternoon, cleaning for hosting Thanksgiving...cleaning. HA!

SEO by vBSEO