LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Dec 6th, 2017, 07:34 AM   8561
Wish2BMom
Pregnant (Expecting)
BnB Addict

ask - YES definitely take the classes!! They are worth it, even if you've done all the research you think you need. It's good confirmation of what is going on right NOW. Like, DH and I have had CPR training many times in the past but the trainer said that what we learned 5+ yrs ago has changed. So it's a good refresher and way to learn new techniques. And you have a new reason to pay attention!
Thawed the wrong embie?? ooooh, def going to your journal! That's crazy but I'm glad they course-corrected quickly!

rainy - oh so their growth will slow?? here I was calculating a 1/2 lb per week and thinking I"m going to be giving birth to 7-lb babies! I mean, maybe still, but yikes. And don't be too jealous of 2 head down - I think B flipped back up the other night. I have a rounded lump by my ribs again! He had his feet up to his face in the last scan, now I'm just picturing him doing backspins in there! M'boy's got moves!
Also, the twins are TWO?! Where did that time go?! What are you and DW doing for them this year?

miki - yeah, I don't know if there is much that can prepare us for the birth!! I am nervous about it too, it's almost all I can think about. I'm positive you'll be fine. That's awesome you got a doula! I was thinking about it - simply b/c I want DH to be able to freak out a little too and not have the pressure of calming me down. But I guess we don't need one now with a c-section! unless I want her to take pics
How have you been feeling this week? I hope that your past haunts don't harm too much and they can be washed away with this new and positive experience. Will you be at the same hospital?

Spud - how are you doing, friend? I hope you're ok. Been thinking about you.

terri - I am in both playoffs!! WHAT?? I'm never in playoffs! But I have Gronk in one of my leagues and he goes and takes that cheap, dirty shot and is out this week. Now I have to find a TE, this late in the season, that's going to help me?! Impossible!

Have a happy Wednesday everyone!

Old Dec 6th, 2017, 07:42 AM   8562
Wish2BMom
Pregnant (Expecting)
BnB Addict

oh and rain - my new place of work doesn't have a formal 'maternity leave' (awesome...) so I'm cobbling together sick time, excused time, personal holiday time and STD to make hopefully 11 weeks. DH has 6 weeks of paternity plus a TON of PTO. I don't even start accruing vacation until Feb, I think!

Old Dec 6th, 2017, 08:50 AM   8563
Rainshiny
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member

Miki- the good thing about giving birth is u can finally have good pain meds! Also, the nurses really know what they are doing and with a doula too you will do great.

Wish- wow you have a lot of kids of ‘times’! That’s great you can pull them together. I remember the movements towards the end- so bizarre right? Like squirrels and then like cats!!

We had a doula who forwarded our time to post-Partum help and did a few night shifts for us. Consider looking into night Nanny services cause they are a lifesaver! I think we did just once every couple weeks- expensive but worth it.

Ask- how u feeling? How’s your sister doing?

We r doing a little cupcake party for them. Been dealing w some poop issues and daycare issues which have been really trying.

Old Dec 6th, 2017, 08:52 AM   8564
Rainshiny
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member

Ttc- how r u??

Old Dec 6th, 2017, 10:24 AM   8565
Wish2BMom
Pregnant (Expecting)
BnB Addict

ugh yeah - this company is a little archaic in some of the things they have (or don't). They are moving to a PTO policy in 2019, thankfully.
I will have my mom and sister up for a bit after the babies are born too, so hopefully that will help. Depending on how the feeding goes, of course.
omg, totally like squirrels (which, your timing is funny b/c we are currently catching and releasing flying squirrels that are getting into our attic! we've caught 6 so far!)

Last night I was laying there trying to fall asleep and the babies were so rambunctious, they were moving the blanket on my belly. I could hear the swishing, like my cat's tail was moving or something. It was kinda creepy since no one else was in the room (I'm sleeping in the spare room now) but it made me laugh too.

Old Dec 6th, 2017, 17:00 PM   8566
mikihope
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member

Thank you so much, Wish and Rain! I'm sorry I can't really write a personal reply right now as my head is exploding and I'm in shock... they want to induce me 2 days from now! That would be at noon on Friday.

My bile acid level came back at 12.1, which I was hoping was ok as it is still borderline and I still don't have any itching or any hint of symptoms. Instead, the doc immediately made an appointment for me to be induced on Friday. DH and I really want to postpone it at least a bit, but I don't really hold out much hope that we can ask for that. I really don't think I have cholestasis, but if I do, I know it can be scary.

I'm having a hard time now, as I just got the news on my voicemail not long ago. It's so weird that I've been getting worse and worse news as time goes on. Each time, I deal with things and feel happy and hopeful, and then I get hit with more bad news. It's really hard

We'll talk to the doc face to face tomorrow morning. We'll see if we can push the date to at least Monday, but if not, Friday it is. I'm so afraid and sad. I have no idea why I'm sad, maybe it's because I'm worried about gummy and how ready he is. I think it's also the fact that I've been really enjoying my time with gummy in my belly and how adorable his movements are. I wasn't prepared to lose that so soon. I'm excited to meet him, but I was unprepared for such an early date.

Sorry if this sounds incoherent, it's been quite a shock...

Old Dec 7th, 2017, 07:53 AM   8567
Wish2BMom
Pregnant (Expecting)
BnB Addict

aw miki I'm so sorry you're so emotional right now. I completely understand, though. I almost cry when I look at my belly and think of when they won't be there anymore. I'm going to miss it so much. But you will have your gummy in your ARMS!!! looking up at his Mama finally!!

I have to say that personally, I'm happy they are inducing you on Friday! Then you won't have to worry about how your body is holding up for gummy. Gummy will be out in the world!! and 37w+ X days is GREAT! I HOPE to make it that far, but I don't see it happening.

Please let us know how it's all going today. And if you can't come on today b/c you're prepping and whatnot - GOOD LUCK TOMORROW!!!! And happy early birthday to Gummy!!!

PS - my bday is today so if you wanted the doc to actually move you UP a day, I'd be ok with that!

Old Dec 7th, 2017, 10:07 AM   8568
Rainshiny
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member

Holy cow, Miki! What a whirlwind the last couple weeks have been for you. Sounds like your doctors are really on top of things! You’re in good hands and baby will do great. And so will you! Congratulations in advance And can’t wait to see some cute baby pics and happy mama pics after you give birth.

happy birthday wish!!!! You are going to get two little lovelies soon for your birthday. :-) If your mom and your sister are coming that’s perfect because you need one adult per baby and a third to take care of you and a fourth to give the other three a break. It’s a village! LOL…Remember to PM me your address so I can send you the books. Do you have ‘what to do when you are expecting two’?

Old Dec 7th, 2017, 11:02 AM   8569
Ask4joy
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Chat Happy BnB Member

Oh Miki, I’m sorry this is all happening so fast for you! I’m sure the doctors are doing what they believe is best but I can imagine how overwhelming this all is for you. You’ve been through a lot! I am sure all will be fine and you will forget about all of this once Gummy is in your arms!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY WISH! Any fun plans?

Thanks Rain, I’m feeling ok. Was having constant mild cramps/twinges/pinches the last two days but not much today aside from a random cramp here and there. Breasts are somewhat sore but that started before the transfer due to the drugs/hormones. I feel like an emotional basket case. I’m trying to be positive but I’m so scared this won’t work even after all the testing and all we’ve been through. Doc said over 70% get a positive pregnancy test after transferring 1 PGS normal embryo but live birth rate is more like 60%. Please please please let me be in the 60%. For those of you that did IVF/FET, did you have any early symptoms?

My SIL is doing great actually. She is on the new trial drug and her last scan showed smaller tumors! She is off of oxygen and feeling really good! We know it’s not a cure but hope she can stay stable for a long time. Cancer treatment is really having so many breakthroughs. If this were 5 years ago, she would have already exhausted her options.

Old Dec 7th, 2017, 13:28 PM   8570
Wish2BMom
Pregnant (Expecting)
BnB Addict

Thanks, girls!

rain - I'll PM you my address. I do not have that one, I don't think, but I can check when I get home. My friend who had twins gave me 4 books, but I can't remember which they are...

ask - I did IVF/FET and the times I was pregnant, I actually had less symptoms than I did when I wasn't! I felt so content and zen. My boobs hurt but I figured it was the meds too. This time, I had a wave of faintness actually the night of my transfer and then nothing, I don't think. It was weird b/c I was like 'that's way too early for implantation' but turns out, it could have been. Mine were BBs too, like yours, and looked like your picture. So my fingers are SO crossed for you!!
I think I've actually learned that during the TWW, it's kinda early for obvious symptoms to start. At least that's what I believe. I didn't have the heavier CM, the veiny boobs, any nausea (though I didn't have any of that at all!), the fatigue - all of that hit weeks later.
Just my humble opinion!!

oh and no fun plans, really! DH is picking up pizza from a yummy place around here we never get to and that's it. Dinner out tomorrow night with another couple but I don't think that's really for my bday. Just to get out before babies!

SEO by vBSEO