LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jan 10th, 2018, 18:08 PM   8731
terripeachy
Other
BnB Addict

Wish-do you have any signs of the babies coming? I know your scheduled for 1/15, but now I'm going for 1/18/18. That would be a nice day to remember (for me). Hee hee.

Rain-I'm looking forward to funny stories as well. I'm sure you'll do fine for the days. Maybe in the spring you can bring the babes to Bmore and we can eat Italian desserts again. That would be fab. Hugs.

Ttc-i hope this is your surprise month. That would be awesome.

Hi to everyone else. Hope you Ali are enjoying this great wave we are now having compared to freezing cold we had all over the country. And those in the southern hemisphere, hopefully you got a cool snap. Hee hee. ❤️

Old Jan 11th, 2018, 07:41 AM   8732
Wish2BMom
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict

zero signs! I mean, I have WAYYYY more cm than I've ever had, loose stools and sleeping is actually a little painful now b/c my belly is so heavy when I turn on my side, but that is it. Even the BH seem to be less the last couple of days. But I think things can change in an instant so I am just keeping an eye on things.

HAHA - if the c-section takes until 1/18, I'm screwed! That would be a nice date, though (I like the number 8), and I would have picked it if it was 3 days earlier...I literally picked the first day in the week that I could have them. OUT!

Old Jan 11th, 2018, 08:26 AM   8733
TTC74
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict

Wish - Ha! I did the same thing for my induction! She said "the first day we can do it is Valentine's Day." I said "done!"

Old Jan 11th, 2018, 08:28 AM   8734
Rainshiny
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member

Terri- that sounds fun!! I want to take them to the aquarium soon. Would be awesome for you to meet them.

Wish- lol!! Hooray for comfy underwear. And those hats sound adorable!! Canít wait to see the pics. Monday! Wow... just a couple more days of misery and soon enough you can have a glass of wine! And snuggle with some ittle wittles. Youíre doing incredible!

Sam- I forget- are you ttc again with the new doc?

Wow, after that, thatís just about everyone on the list whoís pregnant, had a kid or has taken the child-free and fancy free path... just Sam and Alleke and a couple other are trying plus TTC is trying for number four. Such amazing stories on the thread... I still think it would make a good book or movie.

Old Jan 11th, 2018, 11:26 AM   8735
Wish2BMom
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict

it is a crazy, wild ride we've all been on, huh? I agree, I'd watch this movie!

thank you so much for all the twinnie help, rainy!! I have your number now too so you're screwed! jk I'll try to hold off on middle of the night freak out texts!

Old Jan 12th, 2018, 00:06 AM   8736
mikihope
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member

Wish- I canít believe how close you are to meeting your little boys! I'm so excited for you! Doesnít time fly? It almost seems like yesterday to me that we were newly pregnant. I canít wait to hear about your adventures with your twins! Hehe, I still call Kai gummy, just like my sister who still calls her kids blob and peanut (after their shapes on their first scans). Thanks, gummy really does make my heart melt. I fell in love with the little guy instantly, and since then Iíve been wondering how Iím going to return to work! Iíve considered not going back, but I wonder if itís the hormones making me feel this way.
Youíre lucky that your family is actually helpful. I hope that your sister can somehow make it.

Ask- I know how you feel re the nausea and lamenting the lack of food enjoyment. It was very hard for me as I live to eat, and I eat everything. I didn't enjoy eating during my pregnancy. Right after I gave birth, my appetite returned in full force. Itís amazing how it works that way. Thanks for your kind words. I truly adore Kai, itís hard not to fall in love with such a sweet newborn! Newborn facial expressions and the noises they make are just so incredibly adorable!

Terri- Thanks! Yeah, itís been hard to check in, but I try to as the people on this thread have been such a blessing in my life. Itís also great that you check in with updates of your life. Yup, DH has been patient for my sake. But he has been very grumpy and short with me during the trying times with my family. I donít blame him, but it does suck that I canít have a more normal and well-adjusted family. It's not my fault they're that way!

Rain- Thereís a three day weekend? Iím so out of touch with the working world now. I hope that you have an easy (as possible, anyway) time with your little ones. Iím looking forward to funny stories, though! Thanks for the encouragement regarding my struggles with breastfeeding, I really needed it.

AFM- I had yet another appointment with a lactation consultant yesterday, and I almost lost all hope after that. She told me I was doing way better than expected, given my risk factors, such as age. But she also made it seem that I had no hope of increasing my supply, and she also asked me to increase the supplementation to 2 oz per feeding. He had gained 4 oz in a week, and she said it was not enough. I started out supplementing 1 oz, and she has made me increase it to basically all bottle feeding. I was in tears when feeding gummy the first 2 oz bottle yesterday, because it felt like I had given up, and I was just asking for my milk supply to dry up. Gummy was such a wonderful feeder, latching on right after birth, and I received comments from nurses that I wouldnít have problems feeding him as he was so great. And now I may have to give up on breastfeeding him. I have put in so much work, and I love the closeness of it, but I will try to make peace with being unable to breastfeed him if it comes to that.

Even though I miss my family, and my sister was such a great help, it was good that they left when they did. My sister was rather controlling about certain things, like when she would barge in to the room when she heard gummy cry, and take him from me even if I were halfway breastfeeding him. I became so tense about him crying because of that. And she had very different views on breastfeeding, and she did try to force them on me, as I was a new mom and she has two kids. Anyway, I am thankful that she was here to help out, and that she adores Kai to no end.

And Iím so thankful for my precious son. It has never mattered to me that he was conceived via donor egg. I have always felt such a strong bond with him, even when he was a perfect, round embie. The love I feel for him is so fierce. Iíve waited for a lot of my life to be able to be a mother. Because of my mom, I had to wait far longer than most, making sure that I had my life in order and I was well-adjusted enough to properly raise a child. I was almost too late, but donor egg IVF and our wonderful donor made my dreams come true. Iím truly lucky

Old Jan 12th, 2018, 03:08 AM   8737
TTC74
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict

Miki - I couldnít breastfeed my rainbow baby even though I breastfed my two grown DDs. It was hard to come to terms with at first. I was literally only producing about a half ounce of milk, though. So, I decided - fed Is best. Almost a year in, I will tell you that formula feeding has worked out just fine since I got over the ridiculous shame our society puts on women who canít breastfeed. DH can and does do many feedings. As a result, I was much less sleep deprived than I was when I breastfed. That made me much more serene and available to my LO 24/7. Iím not telling you to give up. Do what is best for you. Iím just saying that there is no shame in not being able to produce enough milk for your LO.

Old Jan 12th, 2018, 12:55 PM   8738
Wish2BMom
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict

I havenít been there yet but I agree wholeheartedly with TTC. you are doing your very best in all cases for Kai, please please give yourself a break. There are many benefits to formula too - including what TTC notes re: less sleep deprivation and it affecting you mentally. Youíre doing sooooo great, miki!
Also I love your note on DE. I am still struggling a tiny bit with it just bc of all of the Ďgeneticí comments that come up - they have your genes so they are stubborn, I hope they look like you, etc. Itís going to stab me every time. But this process gave me my boys and Iím forever grateful to our donor and the science behind it all, and being able to afford it.

Oh and yes, my sister is making it up! Much to do about nothing in the end. Sigh.

Old Jan 12th, 2018, 16:01 PM   8739
Rainshiny
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member

Agreed. Formula is great too! Take care of yourself as a new mama.

Wish- call anytime other than 9:30pm to 6:30 am!!!

Have a good weekend!!

Old Jan 12th, 2018, 17:35 PM   8740
mikihope
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member

TTC- Thank you so much for your encouragement! Iím so sorry that you went through the stress and shame with your beautiful rainbow baby. Deep inside, I do know that formula isnít a bad thing, especially since I was raised Ė as was the norm for the time Ė on formula. Thinking about things, I suddenly realized that Iím not that far from producing enough milk. I know that gummy gets a bit of milk when at the breast, and then he gets the bottle from DH while I pump. I am up to pumping 1.5 oz (1 oz minimum). This is an increase from last week. I think I will try a little while longer, even though I have lost a lot of confidence. I do want to be serene and have an enjoyable time with gummy, so maybe I might ďgive upĒ ( I know I shouldnít look at it as ďgiving upĒ, but it feels like it right now) earlier than I plan to.

Wish- Thank you for your kind words! Both TTC and you are right, formula is not a bad thing. Iím the product of formula, and I rock! Hehe. But yeah, it is already affecting me mentally, maybe due to the sleep deprivation.
Regarding DE, I know what you mean by the struggle with the Ďgeneticí comments. Just before he was born, I was worried about how gummy might look like. The weird thing was that after he was born, he bore a striking resemblance to me as a baby! My sister mentioned it, and everyone in DHís family said that gummy looks like me (only his parents and brother know about DE at the moment). Gummy is long, and has long legs, and I was a long baby too. DH and our donor do not have the ďlong geneĒ in their families. All the nurses and docs who have seen gummy say that he takes after me, as he is long. Iíve told them that he was a donor egg baby, and they have said that it is possible that I have influenced gummy in some way. I feel like a proud mommy and the thought of DE really doesnít cross my mind. I hope that your experience will be as good or better after your twins are born! I bet that youíll be so delirious with joy and overcome with their adorableness that you wonít give DE much of a thought.

Last night, I almost gave up on breastfeeding altogether. Gummy had a terrible and fussy night, and did not sleep from 12am to 10am. He was screamy and cryful from 5am onwards. Every time DH had to give him the bottle, I had to try to breastfeed and pump. I was so sore and so exhausted, I couldnít continue towards the end. Giving up isnít the end of the world, but it is so hard to do when you have done so much to try to make it work. I was in tears and decided at the end to just sleep instead of trying to balance out the bottle feeding with breastfeeding.

In the light of day, I think Iím not ready to stop trying yet. As long as my supply isnít bad, and seems to be increasing, I will keep trying. I have tried so many things, gone for so many lactation appointments with 3 different consultants. And all had a different opinion on things. The latest one is the most pessimistic yet. She told me that other moms she had encountered in my situation had given up long ago, and it was already amazing that I had gotten this far. But she gave the vibe that she thought I would not be able to move on to exclusively breastfeeding. From my observations, I can see that my milk supply is bordering on sufficient, itís just that gummy isnít efficient at drawing it out. I feel that the more he is getting from the bottle, the ďlazierĒ he is getting. Heís taken to mostly using me as a pacifier! Oh well, he is super cute, though

SEO by vBSEO