Forum Rules

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Mar 12th, 2018, 14:00 PM   8871
mikihope
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member

Thanks, Wish! Timothy sounds like Kai, chatty and smiley. Love the incredible smiles when they wake up and see you there Kai has now included an angry version of "I love you" in his repertoire. He likes mimicking so much that he'll repeat stuff even when he's feeling distressed from his fartiness. It's just done in a very upset tone. His latest thing he likes to work on is "Oh yeah!"

Wow, back at work. I'm so dreading that, how is it for you? But... you're at home, right?

Old Mar 13th, 2018, 12:43 PM   8872
Wish2BMom
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict

haha - at 4am this morning, after waking up hourly for the past few hours, we had to get up AGAIN with them. I usually get up with Timothy and DH has Malcolm but we had switched this time. DH picks up Timothy and he has the BIGGEST grin for him. DH is holding him against his chest and just laughing and Timothy smiled even bigger from the bouncing and I swear he almost giggled too. It was incredible!

work - 2nd day is better, I have been able to concentrate more and figure out where projects stand/where I can jump back in. Seems like not a lot was completed while I was out so a) I didn't lose much ground and b) I can take the bull by the horns and hopefully start to get stuff done. Which will make me look good in the long run, right?? My boss and I also talked about potentially making a permanent work from home schedule. Yes, right now I'm home for the next 4 weeks unless it makes sense to go in for a meeting better off having in person or whatnot. But after that, she said having a permanent situation is possible and to figure out which days I'd want to do that. YES! So that doesn't mean less daycare, unfortunately, b/c who can watch 2 kids AND work fulltime? But it does mean that there could be a few days a week with less rushing in the morning, more thoughtful meals at night, laundry done during the day... that would be great.
Re: being back at work and the boys - it's hard hearing them squealing on their mats or crying when I can't get to them. But my Mom hands me T when he needs to eat, or if M is crying and they can't get him to stop, they'll pop in for Mommy. Truth be told, I'm a little relieved to have something else to concentrate on for a bit since having both of them is such a handful. I don't always feel successful with them (when they are inconsolable or just both need the same thing at the same time and I have to make one wait a few mins longer) but there are places at work where I can feel successful so that's good for the soul.

Old Mar 14th, 2018, 14:53 PM   8873
Wish2BMom
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict

I've added my birth story into my sig if anyone is curious! I wanted to get it 'down on paper' before I forgot!

Old Mar 16th, 2018, 23:47 PM   8874
mikihope
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member

Wow, what a birth story, Wish! I canít imagine losing HALF of my bodyís blood. So glad you fared so well, youíre so strong! M and T must be big boys by now. Isnít it so precious when they smile at you? A babyís smile is just the most awesome thing. I think that giggle you heard was real. I too thought I was imagining it when I first heard gummy laugh. Turns out they can indeed start laughing quite early. Their laughs are just the most contagious in the world!

Sounds like your work is going great! Lucky you, having the option to work from home. Although, now that you describe it, I think I would find it tough too Ė hearing your babies cry when you canít get to them. Luckily you have help right now. Iím inspired by how well youíre managing with two little babies to take care of.

How is everyone else doing? TTC, Fx for you and your daughter for BFPs soon! Wicky, Ask, I hope youíre both enjoying your pregnancies as much as you can. And MsR and Vonn, I hope you are enjoying time with your little ones!

AFM- Gummy has decided to be very awake in the middle of the night and sleepy during the day again. Argh! Last night, I finally got tired of his wakefulness and placed him in the rocker while I tried to rest next to him on the sofa. He then proceeded to talk to himself for almost an hour! So I took back out and I fed him, and he finally drifted off to sleep at 3:30am.
Gummy loves to talk to himself before falling asleep. The sounds are super cute, with squealing and different voices (sad, pained, happy) thrown in. He also works on his words du jour, which happens to be ďoh yeahĒ right now. And when heís getting close to falling asleep, he gets gigglier, laughinger, and louder. And thenÖ silence.
He says ďhelloĒ when he wakes up and sees me, and when he wants to get my attention, and itís the last thing he says in a soft and sweet voice if heís falling asleep in my arms and looking up at me. I love how much he interacts now. His expression of joy when he wakes up and sees me is priceless Ė mouth wide open in a big grin, shout of joy, arms and legs flying up. Itís like his whole body is happy. I guess heíll tone the joyfulness down as time goes on, especially after he goes to daycare and others look after him. Oh well, Iíll enjoy it while it lasts. Itís so fun and hilarious Ė makes my day! Uh oh, gotta goÖgummy is saying hello from his rockerÖ heís woken up and he wants my attention.

Old Mar 17th, 2018, 08:21 AM   8875
Ask4joy
Pregnant (Expecting)
BnB Addict

Hi ladies!

Wish and Miki - I love reading your baby stories!

Miki - it sounds like Kai is going to be an early talker! I love how you describe his joy when he wakes up and sees you - that must be one of the best feelings in the world!

Wish - That is great that you get to work from home for the next 4 weeks and will hopefully have a permanent work from home schedule! Iím glad to hear you are feeling generally positive about returning to work.

AFM - Iím 17w4d today. BeeBee (as we call her) has been kicking up a storm. I just love to feel her kick or move! Last night I was lying on my back and felt movement on my left side - I looked down and my bump was lop-sided! Lol. DH hadnít felt her kick yet but he could feel how hard the one side of my bump was where she was hanging out which was cool.

Iíve been feeling pretty good lately. Starting to get some back aches if Iím on my feet for too long as I think my center of gravity is starting to get thrown off. Iíve gained almost 8 pounds as of today, but it looks like Iím still within a healthy weight gain range. I was on the petite side before starting all this TTC / fertility drug business. I was at my heaviest before my FET but still within a ďhealthyĒ weight range for my height - albeit on the upper end of that! Iíve been slowly stocking up on maternity clothes and I must admit, Iím loving how this little bump looks! My breasts have gone from a 34C (pre IVF) to a 36DD! I hope they donít get much bigger because Iím only 5í5Ē. Even my mom made a comment about them lol!

We are heading to Florida with my step-sons the last week in March and I cannot wait to plop my pregnant butt on the beach and drink some yummy beachy mocktails. I am so pale right now and would usually go tanning a few times before a trip like this but I guess Iíll just have to try to get some rays while Iím there! I go from being so pale in the winter to golden brown in the summer. I used to go tanning a lot in my 20s but realized I was probably ruining my skin so I cut it out. I do prefer being tan though!

How is everyone else doing?

Old Mar 17th, 2018, 14:40 PM   8876
TTC74
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict

3 DPO today. DD got a prescription for progesterone.

AND . . . Weíre within 2 weeks from walking!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 9DCE19E6-D5E8-4FD2-B3F8-96CBDD8560E9.jpg (39.3 KB, 8 views)

Old Mar 19th, 2018, 12:28 PM   8877
Wish2BMom
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict

what a crazy girl, TTC!! we are in trouble when our boys start walking!

ask - so glad you're feeling good! I LOVED - L-O-V-E-D - feeling my boys moving around and seeing my lopsided belly. I'm so glad you're enjoying it. You have the full anatomy scan soon right?

Had their 2 month appointment (complete with shots ) last Thursday and the boys are measuring as such:
Timothy - 12.075lbs
Malcolm - 9.15lbs

T is about average and Malcolm is a peanut still. But he's starting to cluster feed and get grumpy so I know he's hitting growth spurts. They are only an inch apart in height but 50 percentiles apart?! weird.
I think we've worked through T's witching hour issues - we head up to bed around 6:36/6:45 and get things done early, then he's asleep by 8 or 8:30. Seems to have worked a few times. Sometimes he'll still wake up and scream bloody murder but if I swaddle him with his arms in now (we have been doing it with arms out since we brought them home b/c he didn't like it -still hates it), he sleeps well for the most part and calms down quickly with me SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH'ing in his ear.

Kai just sounds so amazing with his speaking and such now! I do love hearing T and M is starting to chatter a little bit. But T has the high-pitched squeals (along with his ear-piercing screech when he's PO'ed) that are to die for.

Work schmerk - I am going to apply for another job today, back at the company DH works at/where we met. It's one of the biggest around here and I was there for 12 yrs, so I know the culture and such. This role was made for me so hopefully they feel that way too. Fingers crossed I'll be out of this boring IT/government defense contracting job in the next couple months... I just wish I worked there before I got preggo b/c their maternity is 16 weeks fully paid!!

how is everyone else?

I do want to say that I think my time on BnB might be coming to an end or at least a drastic slow. It seems like this thread is very quickly slowing down anyway. I have been so thankful to have this outlet - I could not have stayed sane without the support of the INCREDIBLE women I found on this website. I even found actual friends for life!!
I love you all and I hope you get even a fraction of the support out of this site as I did!! I'll pop in every now and then to check on things!

Old Mar 21st, 2018, 10:02 AM   8878
terripeachy
Other
BnB Addict

Wish-i thought you were going to be able to work from home full time now but you aren't happy? I hope you get the job at your husband's place if that's what you want though. It's so hard finding the perfect workplace. Every job has its pros and cons. Glad to hear the boys are doing well and it's funny that T is such a big baby. Hee hee. I can't wait to see/hear how their personalities develop over time.

Miki-Kai sure is an alert baby and so aware of everything. I'm glad he truly makes you happy. That's what babies do.

Ask-you're getting there! Have fun on the beach over break. Enjoy.

Today I'm snowed in, so I'm happy. I needed a break during the week so I'm enjoying myself. I didn't think this storm was going to be serious so hubs and I are eating junk food. I will be able to make dinner (thanks blue apron), but it's only 11a. Hee hee. Junk food it is. Opening day for the Orioles is next week and yesterday I had a flashback because I was pregnant during opening day a few years ago. Womp womp.

Now I can say I'm glad it didn't work out though because I only have to worry about myself, my hubs and Fun. That's plenty. I'd be stuck in a rut at my old job because I'd have to care for baby and my fun adventures would be severely diminished. I am really good about living vicariously through others with kids so I'm ok without. Not sure how my day off story turned into melodrama about being a DINK but so be it. Stay warm everyone.

Old Mar 21st, 2018, 11:15 AM   8879
MsRipple
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member

Hi ladies - sitting reading everyone's updates. Well somewhat, I'm only up to early February and need to go back for more. I miss you guys and sorry I was so out of it. Moving and getting back to work was a major time suck, but it's done now. Enjoying a snow day at home with my 6.5 month old (!) little girl. She is a bit cranky have received her vaccines yesterday, but is generally amazing.

Edited to add that my ticker has baby as a 15 pound turkey! almost, she was 18.5 at the doctor yesterday!

Old Mar 22nd, 2018, 10:15 AM   8880
TTC74
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict

Hi ladies. Glad everyone is doing well.

Wish - I hope you check back in occasionally, but I agree that this thread has slowed down.

AFM - I took a FRER this morning, and I'm not sure if what I see is an evap or a vvvfl. Thoughts? This is the original and a super saturated - because usually when I super saturate an evap, I get an obvious blank spot without a line. IRL it is very faint and I cannot tell if there is color.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 3-22-18 - 2.jpg (13.3 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg 3-22-18 - 2 sat.jpg (15.7 KB, 3 views)

SEO by vBSEO